Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couch to 5k training group in Knocklyon, starting May 29th

Options
  • 08-05-2012 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭

My running club Bros Pearse AC (/Knocklyon Runners) are starting a couch to 5k training group at the end of the month. It's a standard run/walk training plan, suitable for absolute beginners, no running experience required.

There'll be ten weeks of training starting, every Tuesday and Thursday evening at 7pm. Trainees will also be expected to do one run themselves on the weekend.

The meeting point is in Cherryfield Park, Knocklyon. (Parking is a bit tight, so it might be worth parking in the Spawell and walking over)
    There's a charge of 20 euro for the ten weeks, but that 20 euro can be put towards membership for anyone who goes on to join the club.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭jb-ski

Good luck with this guys, you could have a very busy 10 weeks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭RoyMcC

Great club initiative at a nominal cost. Hope it gets a good take up.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭gnu

That's such a great idea! Your club seems great Ray, really welcoming to beginners!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

jb-ski wrote: »
    Good luck with this guys, you could have a very busy 10 weeks!
    RoyMcC wrote: »
    Great club initiative at a nominal cost. Hope it gets a good take up.

The number of people who have already said, "Great idea, I/my sister/my friend will be there" is downright scary :eek:
    But due to shifting dates, I'm going to be on holiday for the first couple of weeks of this, so it will be someone else's problem :D

gnu wrote: »
    That's such a great idea! Your club seems great Ray, really welcoming to beginners!

We are - so come along! :)

• Advertisement

RayCun wrote: »
    We are - so come along! :)
    I'm really tempted but not sure my legs are able for the cycle to get there, then running! But I wouldn't rule it out as I think the legs are probably getting stronger (I hope!)

gnu wrote: »
    I'm really tempted but not sure my legs are able for the cycle to get there, then running! But I wouldn't rule it out as I think the legs are probably getting stronger (I hope!)

Get a friend with a car to join too :D

RayCun wrote: »
    Get a friend with a car to join too :D
    If you're not getting finders fees or on commission, you should be! :D

Just a quick follow-up, if anyone's interested - there were almost 50 people at the first session, and 66 people at a session in the second week. We should have charged more :pac:

Advertisement