Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-04-2012, 16:26   #16
Rented Mule

Quote:
Has Ted Hanky done anything since he joined the pdc?
I'd say he's gotten a bit 'sweatier'.

The man just exudes sex appeal.
Advertisement
19-04-2012, 20:55   #17
monkey9

Is Hankey fully pro?
20-04-2012, 14:21   #18
briany

I'd love to see Hankey on some TV events and there's no doubt that SKY would like to seize upon Hankey's noteriety and try to make him into a villian in the Peter Manley mode. I only worry as to whether Hankey will get disgruntled if he continues to struggle and go crying back to the BDO but then his pride may not let him go back, not with the way that he left. I predict we'll see him in something besides the GSOD by the years end, even in the PDC or SKY have to pull some strings to make it happen.
05-05-2012, 13:44   #19
Kingp35

Mod: Darts
Hankey beaten in the preliminary round of the UK Open qualifier today. That means no money at all won today for Ted. He is making no impact at all in the PDC so far.
05-05-2012, 15:54   #20
briany

[QUOTE=Kingp35;78515816]Hankey beaten in the preliminary round of the UK Open qualifier today. That means no money at all won today for Ted. He is making no impact at all in the PDC so far.[/QUOTE

Pretty bad form for the Hankey. He really has not adjusted well thus far. I wonder are there many players who jumped from the BDO and struggled at first but came good or is the trend for them to languish and then languish more before going crying back to the BDO?
Advertisement
06-05-2012, 18:57   #21
Kingp35

Mod: Darts
Ted lost in the first round today again winning no money and bringing his weekend total to a whopping £0.
06-05-2012, 19:53   #22
Double Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingp35 View Post
Ted lost in the first round today again winning no money and bringing his weekend total to a whopping £0.
say he'll go running back to the BDO with his tungsten between his legs after this year
06-05-2012, 20:04   #23
tumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Top View Post
say he'll go running back to the BDO with his tungsten between his legs after this year
Dont think he'll be missed to much Shane he's a hard player to like he just has something about him that would p..s you off when watching him
Thanks from:
06-05-2012, 20:21   #24
Double Top

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
Dont think he'll be missed to much Shane he's a hard player to like he just has something about him that would p..s you off when watching him
the uk open will be the decider of what happens to him, he qualified for it (dont ask me how) if he can show form on a televised major it might give him a bit of a boost on the floor, if he comes unstuck in it that thats it i dont see him qualifying for anything else.

I personally like hankey he is a good laugh in exbo's and like sky always say the game needs characters but I just wish he would zip the lip and prove why he is a two time champ and not just a gimmick for sky to use
Advertisement
07-05-2012, 14:47   #25
tumbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Top View Post
the uk open will be the decider of what happens to him, he qualified for it (dont ask me how) if he can show form on a televised major it might give him a bit of a boost on the floor, if he comes unstuck in it that thats it i dont see him qualifying for anything else.

I personally like hankey he is a good laugh in exbo's and like sky always say the game needs characters but I just wish he would zip the lip and prove why he is a two time champ and not just a gimmick for sky to use
maybe so just dont think he will make it in the PDC and wonder what sort of welcome he will get whenor if he goes back to BDO didnt leave them on friendly terms can see Wolfie giving him a big hug but darts do need characters
14-05-2012, 09:27   #26
Felexicon

I'd like to see him doing well in the PDC as most of the big players are a bit nice. I just don't think he'll win anything there as he doesn't deal with the "boo boys" very well.
It's one thing to have a few cat calls while playing at the lakside but when the PDC crowds turn against someone they don't hold back.
27-05-2012, 12:50   #27
Hilly Bill

He won 600 quid yesterday before being beaten by Barney.
27-05-2012, 22:43   #28
Dermotefc

Ted Hankey will play a Preliminary Round on the opening night of the UK Open so will see him on TV June 7th.

Draw for the preliminary first round and second round before the top 32 enter

http://www.pdc.tv/page/UKOpenDetail/...767710,00.html
Thanks from:
28-05-2012, 01:43   #29
briany

I wonder if SKY will make a big deal out of his participation? They'd like to I'm sure, but there's a large chance that he mightn't make it past that game so they might look more than a bit silly if they give him the star treatment.
28-05-2012, 20:54   #30
Dermotefc

Quote:
Originally Posted by briany View Post
I wonder if SKY will make a big deal out of his participation? They'd like to I'm sure, but there's a large chance that he mightn't make it past that game so they might look more than a bit silly if they give him the star treatment.
I think they will. They have made a bit of a fuss about his arrival. There was even talk of him being in the PL even when he was still contracted to the BDO which was just odd. He loves the crowd hating him so i think he will do better in TV tournaments than the floor TBH.

Last edited by Dermotefc; 28-05-2012 at 23:52.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion