Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
18-04-2012, 16:26   #16
Rented Mule
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Dublin via Chicago
Posts: 4,822
Quote:
Has Ted Hanky done anything since he joined the pdc?
I'd say he's gotten a bit 'sweatier'.

The man just exudes sex appeal.
Rented Mule is offline  
Advertisement
19-04-2012, 20:55   #17
monkey9
Registered User
 
monkey9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: The Camac
Posts: 12,082
Is Hankey fully pro?
monkey9 is offline  
20-04-2012, 14:21   #18
briany
Registered User
 
briany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,292
I'd love to see Hankey on some TV events and there's no doubt that SKY would like to seize upon Hankey's noteriety and try to make him into a villian in the Peter Manley mode. I only worry as to whether Hankey will get disgruntled if he continues to struggle and go crying back to the BDO but then his pride may not let him go back, not with the way that he left. I predict we'll see him in something besides the GSOD by the years end, even in the PDC or SKY have to pull some strings to make it happen.
briany is offline  
05-05-2012, 13:44   #19
Kingp35
Moderator
 
Kingp35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Dun Laoghaire, Dublin
Posts: 9,063
Mod: Darts
Hankey beaten in the preliminary round of the UK Open qualifier today. That means no money at all won today for Ted. He is making no impact at all in the PDC so far.
Kingp35 is online now  
05-05-2012, 15:54   #20
briany
Registered User
 
briany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,292
[QUOTE=Kingp35;78515816]Hankey beaten in the preliminary round of the UK Open qualifier today. That means no money at all won today for Ted. He is making no impact at all in the PDC so far.[/QUOTE

Pretty bad form for the Hankey. He really has not adjusted well thus far. I wonder are there many players who jumped from the BDO and struggled at first but came good or is the trend for them to languish and then languish more before going crying back to the BDO?
briany is offline  
Advertisement
06-05-2012, 18:57   #21
Kingp35
Moderator
 
Kingp35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Dun Laoghaire, Dublin
Posts: 9,063
Mod: Darts
Ted lost in the first round today again winning no money and bringing his weekend total to a whopping £0.
Kingp35 is online now  
06-05-2012, 19:53   #22
Double Top
Registered User
 
Double Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dalkey
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingp35 View Post
Ted lost in the first round today again winning no money and bringing his weekend total to a whopping £0.
say he'll go running back to the BDO with his tungsten between his legs after this year
Double Top is offline  
06-05-2012, 20:04   #23
tumbler
Registered User
 
tumbler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Top View Post
say he'll go running back to the BDO with his tungsten between his legs after this year
Dont think he'll be missed to much Shane he's a hard player to like he just has something about him that would p..s you off when watching him
tumbler is offline  
Thanks from:
06-05-2012, 20:21   #24
Double Top
Registered User
 
Double Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Dalkey
Posts: 1,462
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbler View Post
Dont think he'll be missed to much Shane he's a hard player to like he just has something about him that would p..s you off when watching him
the uk open will be the decider of what happens to him, he qualified for it (dont ask me how) if he can show form on a televised major it might give him a bit of a boost on the floor, if he comes unstuck in it that thats it i dont see him qualifying for anything else.

I personally like hankey he is a good laugh in exbo's and like sky always say the game needs characters but I just wish he would zip the lip and prove why he is a two time champ and not just a gimmick for sky to use
Double Top is offline  
Advertisement
07-05-2012, 14:47   #25
tumbler
Registered User
 
tumbler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Top View Post
the uk open will be the decider of what happens to him, he qualified for it (dont ask me how) if he can show form on a televised major it might give him a bit of a boost on the floor, if he comes unstuck in it that thats it i dont see him qualifying for anything else.

I personally like hankey he is a good laugh in exbo's and like sky always say the game needs characters but I just wish he would zip the lip and prove why he is a two time champ and not just a gimmick for sky to use
maybe so just dont think he will make it in the PDC and wonder what sort of welcome he will get whenor if he goes back to BDO didnt leave them on friendly terms can see Wolfie giving him a big hug but darts do need characters
tumbler is offline  
14-05-2012, 09:27   #26
Felexicon
Registered User
 
Felexicon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: An Mhi
Posts: 2,188
I'd like to see him doing well in the PDC as most of the big players are a bit nice. I just don't think he'll win anything there as he doesn't deal with the "boo boys" very well.
It's one thing to have a few cat calls while playing at the lakside but when the PDC crowds turn against someone they don't hold back.
Felexicon is offline  
27-05-2012, 12:50   #27
Hilly Bill
Registered User
 
Hilly Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 3,078
He won 600 quid yesterday before being beaten by Barney.
Hilly Bill is offline  
27-05-2012, 22:43   #28
Dermotefc
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
Ted Hankey will play a Preliminary Round on the opening night of the UK Open so will see him on TV June 7th.

Draw for the preliminary first round and second round before the top 32 enter

http://www.pdc.tv/page/UKOpenDetail/...767710,00.html
Dermotefc is offline  
Thanks from:
28-05-2012, 01:43   #29
briany
Registered User
 
briany's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 3,292
I wonder if SKY will make a big deal out of his participation? They'd like to I'm sure, but there's a large chance that he mightn't make it past that game so they might look more than a bit silly if they give him the star treatment.
briany is offline  
28-05-2012, 20:54   #30
Dermotefc
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by briany View Post
I wonder if SKY will make a big deal out of his participation? They'd like to I'm sure, but there's a large chance that he mightn't make it past that game so they might look more than a bit silly if they give him the star treatment.
I think they will. They have made a bit of a fuss about his arrival. There was even talk of him being in the PL even when he was still contracted to the BDO which was just odd. He loves the crowd hating him so i think he will do better in TV tournaments than the floor TBH.

Last edited by Dermotefc; 28-05-2012 at 23:52.
Dermotefc is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet