Stuff happening in my house - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-05-2012, 23:31   #1
Owryan

Stuff happening in my house

ok, well first off im a skeptic and would try to explain things off as a natural event if i was talking ghosts to someone.................................but things have been happening in my house .

First event was Nov. 2010 Was about 4 in the morning and i could hear someone/thing moving about my house (live alone cept for a cat) .

Discovered i couldnt move in the bed but everything i heard was so real to me. It was the sound of my dad getting up, going to the bathroom, heading downstairs and making tea . I could hear everything even the teaspoon rattling in the mug. I know the cat could hear something too as she was going mad in the room with me

I even heard my front door open and his van start up.

All well and good cept my dad was dead 4 years and the sounds didnt match my house , ie he used the bathroom upstairs but mine is down stairs.

Nothing else happened till recently, last month i was upstairs when i heard a bang, went downstairs to discover the glass in one of my presses shattered. Dunno how it happened.

Last week was putting my youngest to bed when, clear as day i heard a voice say "goodnight father" child fast asleep and either way he is 1 yo and cant talk.

monday night i was reading in bed when i ,swear to god, felt someone sit on my bed .

Finally last night i was watching tv on the couch when the cats food bowl started banging off the bin , she was asleep on my lap.

I dont feel scared but i am getting a bit creeped out and at the back of my mind is i have 3 v young kids who stay with me and im afraid they ll see/hear something.

Anyway sorry bout the long, meandering post. Im sure i ve left out some stuff
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-05-2012, 00:38   #2
omen80

Sounds like it could be a ghost? Or possibly an alien? Or maybe an alien ghost?
Thanks from:
05-05-2012, 13:31   #3
maccored

Send a message via Skype™ to maccored
i think theres two main things to keep in mind

1) Dont let your imagination run away with you even if there are weird things going on. Sometimes its hard to separate one from the other.
2) Don't panic. Keep a logical mind.

I'd keep a small notepad handy and write anything down as it happens. Then you can read over it after and a logical reason for whatever happened might come to mind.

Also think about when this started to happen. Sometimes you might find that your father may have been on your mind for a particular reason and then you tie that into everything else.

Finally, if it gets worse and you need a hand figuring it out, there's plenty of groups around that might be able to help. You can always contact ourselves from http://www.leinsterparanormal.com if you need any advice or help.
05-05-2012, 13:43   #4
GOODME

I think you need to explain more to us and see how we can advise you.

1. did your father live in that house before?
2. I know it hard but how did he die?
3. how long have you been in that house, has there been a history of death that was not naturally caused?

At times people get this so that the person who has passed can try solve issues so they can rest in peace.

Some houses are haunted as there as souls that have never rested in peace.
prayers do help.

Please give more info
05-05-2012, 13:48   #5
Oryx
Soloist

Send a message via MSN to Oryx
Quote:
Originally Posted by omen80 View Post
Sounds like it could be a ghost? Or possibly an alien? Or maybe an alien ghost?
Just a quick reminder that this kind of funneh response is not really the thing to do here. Keep it helpful, guys.
Advertisement
05-05-2012, 15:45   #6
lizerb23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owryan View Post
ok, well first off im a skeptic and would try to explain things off as a natural event if i was talking ghosts to someone.................................but things have been happening in my house .

First event was Nov. 2010 Was about 4 in the morning and i could hear someone/thing moving about my house (live alone cept for a cat) .

Discovered i couldnt move in the bed but everything i heard was so real to me. It was the sound of my dad getting up, going to the bathroom, heading downstairs and making tea . I could hear everything even the teaspoon rattling in the mug. I know the cat could hear something too as she was going mad in the room with me

I even heard my front door open and his van start up.

All well and good cept my dad was dead 4 years and the sounds didnt match my house , ie he used the bathroom upstairs but mine is down stairs.

Nothing else happened till recently, last month i was upstairs when i heard a bang, went downstairs to discover the glass in one of my presses shattered. Dunno how it happened.

Last week was putting my youngest to bed when, clear as day i heard a voice say "goodnight father" child fast asleep and either way he is 1 yo and cant talk.

monday night i was reading in bed when i ,swear to god, felt someone sit on my bed .

Finally last night i was watching tv on the couch when the cats food bowl started banging off the bin , she was asleep on my lap.

I dont feel scared but i am getting a bit creeped out and at the back of my mind is i have 3 v young kids who stay with me and im afraid they ll see/hear something.

Anyway sorry bout the long, meandering post. Im sure i ve left out some stuff
Is there someone that can come and bless the house or something. sounds scary , maybe it is your dad watching over you making sure your ok.
06-05-2012, 09:30   #7
Overflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizerb23 View Post
Is there someone that can come and bless the house or something. sounds scary , maybe it is your dad watching over you making sure your ok.
Why would you assume that he is religious ? I honestly can't see how 'blessing' the house is going achieve anything.

I would go with maccored's logical suggestion !
06-05-2012, 09:40   #8
Owryan

Sorry for not replying sooner folks, but thanks for the replies.

To the best of my knowledge my dad never set foot in the house, he was a milkman and later on a postie so he could ve been at some stage. But that would only be a v tentative link if any.

He passed away of a heart attack 5 yr ago this weekend so i can see the idea of me linking him to whats going on , but other than the night i heard him i cant say he is "here" or doing the other things .

Im only here 3 years and dont know much about the place other than its v old.
06-05-2012, 13:18   #9
desolate sun

Hi Owryan.

Not trying to dismiss anything you said, but by any chance is your house a semi-d or terraced? I live in a very old terraced house and when I first moved in, I could hear people walking up and down the stairs, opening doors, etc.
Later on I realised I was just hearing my neighbours.

I definitely believe in spirits and an afterlife but I try to look for a rational explanation first.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
06-05-2012, 13:29   #10
Old Tom
Closed Account

OP - there are a few valid questions that everyone should answer before posting a story:

- do you have a history of any mental illness in the family?
- do you or have you ever used any drugs like LSD, mushrooms, Salvia?
- do you drink alcohol (if so, how often rather how much)?
- have you ever suffered from:

a) depression
b) insomnia
c) head injuries
d) trauma (as result of traumatic experience)

- have you ever abused any drug (medicine)?
06-05-2012, 16:11   #11
toughtofind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tom View Post
OP - there are a few valid questions that everyone should answer before posting a story:

- do you have a history of any mental illness in the family?
- do you or have you ever used any drugs like LSD, mushrooms, Salvia?
- do you drink alcohol (if so, how often rather how much)?

a) depression
b) insomnia
c) head injuries
d) trauma (as result of traumatic experience)

- have you ever abused any drug (medicine)?
OP- I hope you can say YES to all of the above, that would make it a fantastic experience.
06-05-2012, 17:40   #12
Owryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by desolate sun View Post
Hi Owryan.

Not trying to dismiss anything you said, but by any chance is your house a semi-d or terraced? I live in a very old terraced house and when I first moved in, I could hear people walking up and down the stairs, opening doors, etc.
Later on I realised I was just hearing my neighbours.

I definitely believe in spirits and an afterlife but I try to look for a rational explanation first.
It is a v old terr. house, but i'm pretty sure its not the neighbours as i ve never heard anything before and the house itself is pretty solid

Besides the stuff i ve heard came from within the same room and most def. sounded the same.
Thanks from:
06-05-2012, 17:44   #13
Owryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Tom View Post

- do you have a history of any mental illness in the family? Yes
- do you or have you ever used any drugs like LSD, mushrooms, Salvia? Never
- do you drink alcohol (if so, how often rather how much)? not v often

a) depression yes
b) insomnia no
c) head injuries no
d) trauma (as result of traumatic experience) no

- have you ever abused any drug (medicine)? no
I accept i could ve imagined the noise/sound of someone walking about but as for the voice/someone sitting on the bed/cats bowl banging , they all happened while i was awake and the cat reacted to 2 of them as well .

Last edited by Owryan; 06-05-2012 at 17:47.
06-05-2012, 20:41   #14
desolate sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owryan View Post
I accept i could ve imagined the noise/sound of someone walking about but as for the voice/someone sitting on the bed/cats bowl banging , they all happened while i was awake and the cat reacted to 2 of them as well .
Edit: I wrote out a reply but I swear to God the cursor kept deleting what I wrote - very weird.

Anyway OP a few separate incidents happened in the house I live in, but I try not to make a deal out of it, as I live on my own.

One evening my rabbit was on the stairs and she kept banging her foot on the stairs. (She only does this when she feels threatened, as in when I have to chase after her to pick her up!) I asked her was she OK but she kept banging her foot. The fly window was open upstairs so I closed this and she stopped - perhaps she could hear something outside that she didn't like.

Another Night one of the doors upstairs slammed shut. I went upstairs to check if I had left a window open but I hadnt. The doors are old and the floors carpeted and it's quite hard to close the doors. The only explanation I can give is the door was almost shut and the 'latch' wasn't fully in the 'lock' and it slipped into it. It was pretty loud though and even my rabbit jumped!

Another time a couple of years ago my brother was downstairs watching TV on his own at night and he heard a loud exhale a few feet away from him!

I told my brother about the other incidents and he said to only heed them if they keep happening. He's right. There's no point freaking out
06-05-2012, 21:04   #15
Owryan

Not freaking out.................................yet lol.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion