Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
04-05-2012, 03:00   #61
killwill
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,477
@buyer95 PM sent.

Durant really up for this. I am really starting to like OKC too I have to admit.
killwill is offline  
Advertisement
05-05-2012, 01:35   #62
nerd69
Registered User
 
nerd69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,133
if the celtics go through who are they playing could be a banana skin for someone
nerd69 is online now  
05-05-2012, 01:54   #63
leggo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd69 View Post
if the celtics go through who are they playing could be a banana skin for someone
The winners of Bulls/Sixers. Let the record show, I tipped Boston for the Conference Finals before the play-offs even began. Just sayin'...
leggo is offline  
Thanks from:
05-05-2012, 01:58   #64
nerd69
Registered User
 
nerd69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by leggo View Post
The winners of Bulls/Sixers. Let the record show, I tipped Boston for the Conference Finals before the play-offs even began. Just sayin'...
ok its on record

i like them for an upset or 2 but cant see them going all the way (there old bones will get tired)
nerd69 is online now  
05-05-2012, 06:40   #65
Borisss
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 258
Dumbass Knicks getting the 7th seed.

Was clear as day the Bulls were the best match up. Rather than the best team in the NBA.

/Sigh
Borisss is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-05-2012, 15:07   #66
nerd69
Registered User
 
nerd69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borisss View Post
Dumbass Knicks getting the 7th seed.

Was clear as day the Bulls were the best match up. Rather than the best team in the NBA.

/Sigh
i duno if rose was there id put the bulls as favorites but with him out there not even close to the same team herd him described as the best pg since magic recently
nerd69 is online now  
05-05-2012, 15:58   #67
Borisss
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 258
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd69 View Post
i duno if rose was there id put the bulls as favorites but with him out there not even close to the same team herd him described as the best pg since magic recently
http://www.officialpsds.com/images/t...ay-psd9461.png
Borisss is offline  
05-05-2012, 16:03   #68
nerd69
Registered User
 
nerd69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borisss View Post
im a fan of paul but i think rose is better
nerd69 is online now  
05-05-2012, 19:22   #69
leggo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,764
I love Paul too but I think history will see D Rose go down as the greater man. Paul is great for highlight reels but Rose leads his team like no other and will lead Chicago to multiple rings. I just don't get that vibe with Paul.
leggo is offline  
Advertisement
05-05-2012, 19:56   #70
Paully D
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd69 View Post
i duno if rose was there id put the bulls as favorites but with him out there not even close to the same team herd him described as the best pg since magic recently
Noah went down last night as well and he's our best defender/rebounder. I'm not sure any team could cope with the loss of two of their best players.
Paully D is offline  
05-05-2012, 20:01   #71
nerd69
Registered User
 
nerd69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 3,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paully D View Post
Noah went down last night as well and he's our best defender/rebounder. I'm not sure any team could cope with the loss of two of their best players.
stick a fork in them there done
nerd69 is online now  
05-05-2012, 21:16   #72
leggo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,764
Do you remember at, like, Under-9 football...when one team was losing so badly that the manager would give the nod to the ref to blow it up for the sake of protecting their dignity?

You reckon that'd be possible for the Indiana/Magic series?

Anderson, Davis, Jameer and Richardson don't deserve this. They mightn't be all-star level but they've worked their arses off for the year for us. And now they've got to suffer this humiliation because the 'star' has taken his ball and gone home.

Tonight wasn't even just a poor performance: they're giving their all and it's just not been good enough. We need to write this season off ASAP and start re-building without Dwight and/or Van Gundy.
leggo is offline  
05-05-2012, 22:38   #73
RMDrive
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In the now
Posts: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by leggo View Post
Do you remember at, like, Under-9 football...when one team was losing so badly that the manager would give the nod to the ref to blow it up for the sake of protecting their dignity?

You reckon that'd be possible for the Indiana/Magic series?

Anderson, Davis, Jameer and Richardson don't deserve this. They mightn't be all-star level but they've worked their arses off for the year for us. And now they've got to suffer this humiliation because the 'star' has taken his ball and gone home.

Tonight wasn't even just a poor performance: they're giving their all and it's just not been good enough. We need to write this season off ASAP and start re-building without Dwight and/or Van Gundy.

The Magic came back strong twice but just failed to get over the line. Van Gundy is a top coach but too many of the players are just not used to having to go get their own shots. Even with a massive amount of help from the refs, the Pacers managed to survice despite having the offence switch off for long periods in the 4th and OT.
RMDrive is offline  
05-05-2012, 22:41   #74
Paully D
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,074
Quote:
Originally Posted by leggo View Post
Do you remember at, like, Under-9 football...when one team was losing so badly that the manager would give the nod to the ref to blow it up for the sake of protecting their dignity?

You reckon that'd be possible for the Indiana/Magic series?

Anderson, Davis, Jameer and Richardson don't deserve this. They mightn't be all-star level but they've worked their arses off for the year for us. And now they've got to suffer this humiliation because the 'star' has taken his ball and gone home.

Tonight wasn't even just a poor performance: they're giving their all and it's just not been good enough. We need to write this season off ASAP and start re-building without Dwight and/or Van Gundy.
Get rid of Howard IMO. There's nothing to say he won't do the same thing in a couple of years time if he doesn't get his own way again.
Paully D is offline  
05-05-2012, 23:01   #75
leggo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,764
Saw the end. Was hoping I'd have to eat my words but it just turned out to be thrilling heartbreak. At least we're going down fighting.

Personally yeah, I'd get rid of Howard before Van Gundy. But I still don't think SVG is blameless in the entire debacle. An entire re-think is needed IMO. Really wishing we'd have traded for Gasol and Bynum when it was on the table, but then again who'd have predicted it would be this messy and that Bynum would be this good back then. But now we'd be extremely fortunate to just get Bynum.

Ah well. Back to Indiana next week to presumably put us out of our misery! Pacers deserve the win, I hope they test Miami.
leggo is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet