Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

04-05-2012, 03:00   #61
killwill

@buyer95 PM sent.

Durant really up for this. I am really starting to like OKC too I have to admit.
Advertisement
05-05-2012, 01:35   #62
nerd69

if the celtics go through who are they playing could be a banana skin for someone
05-05-2012, 01:54   #63
leggo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd69 View Post
if the celtics go through who are they playing could be a banana skin for someone
The winners of Bulls/Sixers. Let the record show, I tipped Boston for the Conference Finals before the play-offs even began. Just sayin'...
Thanks from:
05-05-2012, 01:58   #64
nerd69

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggo View Post
The winners of Bulls/Sixers. Let the record show, I tipped Boston for the Conference Finals before the play-offs even began. Just sayin'...
ok its on record

i like them for an upset or 2 but cant see them going all the way (there old bones will get tired)
05-05-2012, 06:40   #65
Borisss

Dumbass Knicks getting the 7th seed.

Was clear as day the Bulls were the best match up. Rather than the best team in the NBA.

/Sigh
Thanks from:
Advertisement
05-05-2012, 15:07   #66
nerd69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borisss View Post
Dumbass Knicks getting the 7th seed.

Was clear as day the Bulls were the best match up. Rather than the best team in the NBA.

/Sigh
i duno if rose was there id put the bulls as favorites but with him out there not even close to the same team herd him described as the best pg since magic recently
05-05-2012, 15:58   #67
Borisss

Quote:
i duno if rose was there id put the bulls as favorites but with him out there not even close to the same team herd him described as the best pg since magic recently
http://www.officialpsds.com/images/t...ay-psd9461.png
05-05-2012, 16:03   #68
nerd69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borisss View Post
im a fan of paul but i think rose is better
05-05-2012, 19:22   #69
leggo

I love Paul too but I think history will see D Rose go down as the greater man. Paul is great for highlight reels but Rose leads his team like no other and will lead Chicago to multiple rings. I just don't get that vibe with Paul.
Advertisement
05-05-2012, 19:56   #70
Paully D

Quote:
Noah went down last night as well and he's our best defender/rebounder. I'm not sure any team could cope with the loss of two of their best players.
05-05-2012, 20:01   #71
nerd69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paully D View Post
Noah went down last night as well and he's our best defender/rebounder. I'm not sure any team could cope with the loss of two of their best players.
stick a fork in them there done
05-05-2012, 21:16   #72
leggo

Do you remember at, like, Under-9 football...when one team was losing so badly that the manager would give the nod to the ref to blow it up for the sake of protecting their dignity?

You reckon that'd be possible for the Indiana/Magic series?

Anderson, Davis, Jameer and Richardson don't deserve this. They mightn't be all-star level but they've worked their arses off for the year for us. And now they've got to suffer this humiliation because the 'star' has taken his ball and gone home.

Tonight wasn't even just a poor performance: they're giving their all and it's just not been good enough. We need to write this season off ASAP and start re-building without Dwight and/or Van Gundy.
05-05-2012, 22:38   #73
RMDrive

Quote:
Do you remember at, like, Under-9 football...when one team was losing so badly that the manager would give the nod to the ref to blow it up for the sake of protecting their dignity?

Anderson, Davis, Jameer and Richardson don't deserve this. They mightn't be all-star level but they've worked their arses off for the year for us. And now they've got to suffer this humiliation because the 'star' has taken his ball and gone home.

Tonight wasn't even just a poor performance: they're giving their all and it's just not been good enough. We need to write this season off ASAP and start re-building without Dwight and/or Van Gundy.

The Magic came back strong twice but just failed to get over the line. Van Gundy is a top coach but too many of the players are just not used to having to go get their own shots. Even with a massive amount of help from the refs, the Pacers managed to survice despite having the offence switch off for long periods in the 4th and OT.
05-05-2012, 22:41   #74
Paully D

Quote:

Get rid of Howard IMO. There's nothing to say he won't do the same thing in a couple of years time if he doesn't get his own way again.
05-05-2012, 23:01   #75
leggo

Saw the end. Was hoping I'd have to eat my words but it just turned out to be thrilling heartbreak. At least we're going down fighting.

Personally yeah, I'd get rid of Howard before Van Gundy. But I still don't think SVG is blameless in the entire debacle. An entire re-think is needed IMO. Really wishing we'd have traded for Gasol and Bynum when it was on the table, but then again who'd have predicted it would be this messy and that Bynum would be this good back then. But now we'd be extremely fortunate to just get Bynum.

Ah well. Back to Indiana next week to presumably put us out of our misery! Pacers deserve the win, I hope they test Miami.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion