Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

03-05-2012, 10:18   #31
kunst nugget

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieC View Post
I'm pointing out a possible situation, don't assume I'm getting offended by all of this.
Okay, so you're not offended, you're just highlighting the fact that I called nobody at all a tool but said that getting a tattoo might be a permanent reminder of when one was once a tool in a throwaway remark so that if you could possibly be offended, this is what you should be offended by. Right…
Advertisement
03-05-2012, 10:43   #32
D'Agger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunst nugget View Post
Okay, so you're not offended, you're just highlighting the fact that I called nobody at all a tool but said that getting a tattoo might be a permanent reminder of when one was once a tool in a throwaway remark so that if you could possibly be offended, this is what you should be offended by. Right…
Will you sleep better if I say yes?

You seem to be taking what I said about the thread as a direct insult which I can assure you was not intended. Never singled out one of your posts or anybody elses for that matter, yet you seem to be taking it as personal criticism.
03-05-2012, 12:11   #33
Rigsby

Now that we are all one happy harmonious family again, perhaps we can get back on topic ?
03-05-2012, 13:52   #34
D'Agger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigsby View Post
Now that we are all one happy harmonious family again, perhaps we can get back on topic ?
Apologized earlier for dragging the thread off topic - wasn't the intention

Rigsby, say you had a gun put to your head and told you must get some lyrics tattoo on your body - is there any particluar lyric you'd go for??
03-05-2012, 16:28   #35
Rigsby

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieC View Post
Rigsby, say you had a gun put to your head and told you must get some lyrics tattoo on your body - is there any particluar lyric you'd go for??
I think I'd opt to be shot !!

Seriously though, I cant think of any lyrics that mean enough to me to have them tattooed on my body.

However, if I was to get a tattoo (and it would only be under the circumstances you describe above ), I might consider a bass clef symbol, as I love music in general and playing bass in particular. Also, it would be small, and in a discreet place. IMO whatever merit there is is tattoos is cancelled when you see people covered from head to toe in them. In these cases, nothing stands out and the whole thing looks like a smudge.
Advertisement
23-08-2012, 16:18   #36
ClutchIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temaz View Post
Tempted for years to get either

'Living is easy with eyes closed'

'Forever Young'

'"La Tristesse Durera'

"Motorcycle Emptiness"

Could never decide which one to get.
What do the lyrics motorcycle emptiness mean? Always baffled me
23-08-2012, 16:21   #37
ClutchIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunst nugget View Post
Imagine seeing a person in their 50s with a Meatloaf tattoo, you'd think 'what a sad bastard' now think of yourself with your band tattoo in thirty years time and tell me it's not going to be the same thing.
Oi, leave the Loaf out of this
(2) thanks from:
23-08-2012, 20:05   #38
Sinfonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinfonia View Post
As Reg D Hunter (or was it Louis CK?) once put it, "When did 'sticks and stones' stop being relevant?"
This was Steve Hughes, as it turns out
23-08-2012, 20:24   #39
TAlderson

I don't have a tattoo, but I do have the lyrics "east and west the highway rolls, lord have mercy on my poor soul" etched on my wallet. It's from an American fiddle tune, great song. The wallet's leather, so it is permanently on some cow's skin, but not on mine...
Thanks from:
Advertisement
24-08-2012, 01:31   #40
TICKLE_ME_ELMO

It probably sounds obvious but it very much depends on what lyrics you want, where you want to get them and what style you get them done in, font, colour etc. etc.

For example....
There's a song by Straylight Run with the lyrics...

Quote:
Sing like you think no one's listening, You would kill for this, Just a little bit,
Just a little bit, You would, you would..
Sing me something soft, Sad and delicate, Or loud and out of key,
Sing me anything.

That's 5 different variations of pretty much the same set of lyrics. All very different and not all good.
Also what I think that shows is that if you're getting song lyrics just because you're a big fan of a band chances are someone else out there has the same words as you tattooed on their body. Obviously if you're choosing words that mean something specific to you, and not just because you really like the band, this won't matte to you.
24-08-2012, 14:21   #41
EyesClosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temaz View Post
Tempted for years to get either

'Living is easy with eyes closed'

'Forever Young'

'"La Tristesse Durera'

"Motorcycle Emptiness"

Could never decide which one to get.
I have Living Is Easy With Eyes Closed on the inside of my upper arm, it means something to me. Lyrics I think make great tattoos as you will always associate memories to a song, well I do
25-08-2012, 00:52   #42
minidazzler

Send a message via MSN to minidazzler Send a message via Skype™ to minidazzler
There are a LOT of quotes and song lyrics I'd get, but my body would end up like a book. A lot of Frank Turner comes to mind for me, or something from Girl from the North Country, but it's something I wouldn't ever do because I'd never stop and would end up having lots by the same 7-8 artists.
25-08-2012, 11:33   #43
snausages
Closed Account

No, I would never do it. If I did do it though I'd make a point of staying away from currently fashionable lyrics. Not because I'm a total hipster or anything but knowing me I'd pick some pseudo-intellectual ****e that sounds deep and profound to me today but 20 years later it would be total kitsch.
25-08-2012, 19:10   #44
Kold

Someone on /mu/ posted a tattoo of "God is a place you will wait for the rest of your life" Thought it was nice. Wouldn't have God written on my body though.

I'd consider getting a lyric written on me though.
25-08-2012, 19:17   #45
NegativeCreep

If I were to get words tattooed onto myself it would probably be the line from Kurt Cobain's suicide note "it's better to burn out that to fade away."
Don't really feel the need to get it written on my skin though I want a scarab beetle as a tattoo
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion