Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pay part of bill online?

Options
  • 31-03-2012 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to pay money towards a bill online without paying the full amount?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi stacexD,

That's no problem. The easiest way of doing this is to pay online by laser/visa debit card. This can be done here.

If you use online banking, you can also add Electric Ireland as a beneficiary and make an EFT (Electronic Funds Transfer) towards your bill. Just remember to quote your 9 digit Electric Ireland account number in the reference field.

If you have any other questions I'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

David.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭thecons

I signed up to move this day last week. The rep told me to log on and register/activate something but I can't find where to do it? Also, on the yellow form I signed, the part about I confirm I have given my consent for Direct Debit, I did not initial this box as I stated I don't want to pay by direct debit. Can you confirm this will be the case?
    <snip> Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Thecons,

I will look into this for you now no problem.

I have taken note of the details you provided, and if you could also send me a private message with your name, address and contact telephone number, I will be able to proceed.

I assume you're referring to online billing (receiving your bill by email)? The link for setting up an online account is here.

All the best :)
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭thecons

Hi Thecons,

I will look into this for you now no problem. Just to advise: we would recommend that you remove those details in relation to the premises as they are not required to be posted in public.

I have taken a note of them though, and if you could also send me a private message with your name, address and contact telephone number, I will be able to proceed.

I assume you're referring to online billing (receiving your bill by email)? The link for setting up an online account is here.

All the best :)
    Una

Thanks Una, and thanks Boards for editing my post. Una, I think I need my Electric Ireland Account No. to set up my online account? I don't have that yet. Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi again Thecons,

No problem at all. :)

Yes, you do need the account number to activate online billing - I can't say for definite but it may be on the system at this stage. Would you like me to take your details by private message?

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement
Advertisement