Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
View Poll Results: Who will win the manchester derby?
Man City 130 44.37%
Draw 92 31.40%
Man United 71 24.23%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

28-04-2012, 20:59   #61
kryogen

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgpg5 View Post
(At the risk of aggravating Utd fans!) If City hypothetically went out and hammered United on Monday and somehow lost the title from there you'd have to feel the second best team won it.
Why? Just because Crystal Palace beat United in the FA cup didnt make them the better team, in any one game anything can happen.

The best team wins the league

Edit:

Last edited by kryogen; 28-04-2012 at 21:38.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-04-2012, 21:02   #62
cgpg5
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by kryogen View Post
Why? Just because Liverpool beat United in the FA cup didnt make them the better team, in any one game anything can happen.

The best team wins the league
Well I said IF they happened to beat Utd comfortably it would have been two hammerings in the one season. Not a one-off game. Anyway I can't see a hammering in any way

I'd rather see United winning the title on the back of beating/Drawing City as a neutral. I'm sure ye don't give a toss as long as they win it any old way.
28-04-2012, 21:07   #63
kryogen

Quote:
Well I said IF they happened to beat Utd comfortably it would have been two hammerings in the one season. Not a one-off game. Anyway I can't see a hammering in any way

I'd rather see United winning the title on the back of beating/Drawing City as a neutral. I'm sure ye don't give a toss as long as they win it any old way.
Of course not, let any rival fan have whatever moral victory they like, wouldnt bother United fans.

My point is that City are excellent at home and if they beat United its not exactly going to be the shock of the century, the OT was also a one off game in the middle of a league season, the result was a little skewed but Im not going to argue that, City won well thats all that matters, if they beat United Monday then they will have beat United twice in the season, that means gaining 6 points. Thats it, 6 points out of a possible 114.

The best team over the course of 38 games wins the league, every year. Liverpool have done the double over United before when United won the league, didn't mean Liverpool were the better team in the league though. I am in no way trying to bring Liverpool into this, just they are the first example to pop into my head!
Thanks from:
28-04-2012, 21:12   #64
Turtyturd

Quote:
Of course not, let any rival fan have whatever moral victory they like, wouldnt bother United fans.

My point is that City are excellent at home and if they beat United its not exactly going to be the shock of the century, the OT was also a one off game in the middle of a league season, the result was a little skewed but Im not going to argue that, City won well thats all that matters, if they beat United Monday then they will have beat United twice in the season, that means gaining 6 points. Thats it, 6 points out of a possible 114.

The best team over the course of 38 games wins the league, every year. Liverpool have done the double over United before when United won the league, didn't mean Liverpool were the better team in the league though. I am in no way trying to bring Liverpool into this, just they are the first example to pop into my head!
Thou dost protest too much....change your first example to Crystal Palace in the league cup and people might believe you.
(2) thanks from:
28-04-2012, 21:22   #65
willmunny1990

I'll go for a victory for United. United have been in must win games like this time and time again and they can defiantly get a result.
Advertisement
28-04-2012, 21:30   #66
niallo27

This is such a massive game I love it, I actually think there is a lot more pressure on utd, if they lost lose an 8pts lead to their city rivals it will be as big as newcastles collapse all those years ago. There will be a lot of nervous players in the first 20 mins.
28-04-2012, 21:36   #67
user2011

Apprehensive too say the least about this.

From reports that i've read Evans will be out or playing injured does not fill me with joy going into this game. That gives me a big i was kinda losing hope for the fella but he has shown what kinda player he can be for us hopefuuly he is 100% if he is. I'm going to go for a draw. And hopefully number 20!
28-04-2012, 21:37   #68
kryogen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtyturd View Post
Thou dost protest too much....change your first example to Crystal Palace in the league cup and people might believe you.
Aye, think I may be..........obsessed!!!!!!!!!
Thanks from:
28-04-2012, 21:54   #69
killwill

Quote:

And 2 each over the course of the season.
Noone is denying City tore Utd a new one in Old Trafford, they were by far the better the team on the day. However 3 of those 6 wre in injury time.
NO chance City score 3 goals tomorrow let alone 6.
Advertisement
28-04-2012, 21:55   #70
cgpg5
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by killwill View Post
Noone is denying City tore Utd a new one in Old Trafford, they were by far the better the team on the day. However 3 of those 6 wre in injury time.
Wouldn't rule it out tbh. Definitely wouldn't say no chance
28-04-2012, 21:56   #71
monkey9

Quote:
I knew it!!!!!!!
28-04-2012, 21:57   #72
monkey9

I just can't see Utd losing this. These are the kind of matches they seem to thrive on and get the job done. A draw i reckon!
28-04-2012, 21:59   #73
Will I Amnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey9 View Post
Quote:
I knew it!!!!!!!
Sure aren't we all
28-04-2012, 22:02   #74
Copper_pipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by killwill View Post

no chance of any goals tommorow im afraid
28-04-2012, 22:11   #75
killwill

Quote:
Wouldn't rule it out tbh. Definitely wouldn't say no chance
United played 4-4-2 that day until Evans was sent off. Mancini was tactically superior and went against his Italian style and sent City out in the second half very offensive minded.

On Monday City need to win so Utd will be setting out in a 4-5-1 looking to defend and hit on the counter attack. I would imagine SAF will play Nani, Young, Valencia and Rooney as his front 4.

I would not be surprised to see this kinda line up.
----------DDG----------
Raf---Rio------Evans---Evra
-----Carrick-----Jones----
Valencia--Young----Nani
---------Rooney-------

Obviously smalling at RB is a good shout and Scholes could well start. But that is a good defensive setup with great counterattacking options.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion