Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

19-04-2012, 18:46   #16
Access

Jesus, dont hold back johntommy! tell us how you feel!...

(i could be way off... but me thinks johntommy has some sort of connection to the centre? )

I drove past there yesterday... not a car in sight in the centre... almost certain i saw a tumble weed roll across the yard!
Advertisement
22-04-2012, 11:27   #17
skywalker_208

Dont see what the problem is myself. Theres a gate charge - why would anyone expect to get in for free just because they want to want through the gate instead of drive?

I use the one in Kells all the time. Fill the car and trailer every few months with all the bottles, hedge clippings and other crap that gathers up and it costs me €3. Very large site, kept tidy, well signed etc.

Seems good enough value for money to me.
22-04-2012, 11:32   #18
Fiskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywalker_208 View Post
Dont see what the problem is myself. Theres a gate charge - why would anyone expect to get in for free just because they want to want through the gate instead of drive?

I use the one in Kells all the time. Fill the car and trailer every few months with all the bottles, hedge clippings and other crap that gathers up and it costs me €3. Very large site, kept tidy, well signed etc.

Seems good enough value for money to me.
That is not the point the OP was making, OP had two cans of waste oil only and wanted to put them through the facility. Waste oil is a commodity, it should be free to recycle. This 3€ charge is going into a black hole. No one knows how much the facility collect from the charges (inc the 3€) and on what services it is going.
22-04-2012, 12:30   #19
bladespin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiskar View Post
That is not the point the OP was making, OP had two cans of waste oil only and wanted to put them through the facility. Waste oil is a commodity, it should be free to recycle. This 3€ charge is going into a black hole. No one knows how much the facility collect from the charges (inc the 3€) and on what services it is going.
Actually, I'm pretty sure that was exactly the point of the thread in the first place.
25-04-2012, 00:11   #20
Fiskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladespin View Post
Actually, I'm pretty sure that was exactly the point of the thread in the first place.
Bull, you should be able to walk or drive in with recyclables free, given its location and what it is supposed to be there for.
Advertisement
26-04-2012, 23:31   #21
bladespin

Quote:
Bull, you should be able to walk or drive in with recyclables free, given its location and what it is supposed to be there for.
What Bull, read the original post I'm making no comment on what you should or shouldn't be able to do, just pointing out you're gone off topic with opinion.
26-04-2012, 23:52   #22
Fiskar

Quote:
What Bull, read the original post I'm making no comment on what you should or shouldn't be able to do, just pointing out you're gone off topic with opinion.

Won't be using the place so doesn't bother me. Seen plenty of vans wander up , get out and have a chat with the gate keeper in the office, then stroll back to their vehicle and get in free. Seems to be one law for recycling public and one law for van man.

If I were to use it for my oilys, I would use the bike as the OP sugested and get in.
27-04-2012, 21:33   #23
bladespin

Quote:
Won't be using the place so doesn't bother me.
Why post then?

Still, I agree on the bike, the charge is for a car not the recyclables apparently.
28-04-2012, 00:35   #24
Fiskar

Quote:
Why post then?

the charge is for a car not the recyclables apparently.

Sorry but explain that one? If not for recyclables then why wasn't the OP allowed walk in with the 2 oil cans
Advertisement
28-04-2012, 00:42   #25
Agent_47

Quote:
Sorry but explain that one? If not for recyclables then why wasn't the OP allowed walk in with the 2 oil cans

Have to agree with Fiskar, all I wanted to do was enter with 2 cans of waste oil and recycle them. I was told pay the 3€ to enter the facility and sent on my way. Next time I will enter with the bike and report back, but expect to be ejected from the facility if they see me circumvent the barrier.

Pure S***te
28-04-2012, 20:26   #26
bladespin

Quote:
The €2 is on the barrier, if you don't have to lift it to bring in a car then I can't see how you'd be expected to throw it into the barrier and lift a gate you don't need to pass. I'd go the bike route, or walk in.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion