Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

27-04-2012, 05:08   #16
sonate

i'm doing my application online these days and i'll consider about the accommodation later(in May or June). i'll contact u then Christina!

Wendy
Advertisement
27-04-2012, 20:22   #17
cmccarthy0470

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonate View Post
i'm doing my application online these days and i'll consider about the accommodation later(in May or June). i'll contact u then Christina!

Wendy
Hey Wendy, sounds good to me, definitely let me know !

Christina
30-05-2012, 15:25   #18
sonate

I'll arrive in Dublin at end of August and plan to book on-campus accomodation. But I'm a little bit puzzled about what is the "International Office Approved Semester Only Students €2,289".

It says "Semester only students are not eligible to pay in instalments - The entire fees should be paid on or before the first day of the license period and will consist of €2,060 license fee, €194 utilities plus the €35 insurance charge."

Is that €2,289 required and included in fees (€3,880)?

the link: (Blackrock Residences) http://www.ucd.ie/residences/studentpages/fees201213/

And within how many days will I know if there are any rooms for me?

thank you all very much!!
31-05-2012, 06:27   #19
magpie0508

Hi Sonate, I emailed internatinal office the other day and that's their answer considering the question.

Quote:
Many thanks for your email and congratulations on your successful application to UCD. Regarding single semester accommodation – unfortunately the only students that are able to book single semester are exchange and Erasmus international students. As a UCD graduate student, you do not fall into this category and as such, will have to apply for a full academic year. You will have to apply for a room on 5th June, when rooms will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. I have attached an information sheet on off-campus accommodation also, for your information. If you have any other questions, please let me know.
And take Glenomena for example, that will cost 7,705 euro as whole.
02-06-2012, 20:55   #20
mir.anda

hey team UCD graduate students,

i'm also heading to smurfit this august for the 2012-13 school year, studying a masters in strategic management and planning. also looking for accommodation, off or on campus. also pretty apprehensive of locking myself into a spot too soon.
sounds like we're in the same boat!

i'm 25 from vancouver, canada. looking to live with some laid-back folks ... not sure if that's at proby hall or off-campus in blackrock, belfield, or dublin? investigating now into the whole on-campus accommodation bit ... and it's slightly overwhelming.

anyways, fire me a note.
thanks!
Advertisement
25-06-2012, 10:38   #21
spower11

Accom

Hey Christina,

My name is Stephen and I've just been accepted to do the Msc in Marketing for 12/13 as well. I'm from Cork and I've plenty of experience of Dublin but I'm also unsure whether I'll live in student accomodation or go private. I'm leaning on the latter because I feel the student accom might be a bit too hectic for masters students. Anyway, I was wondering what option you landed on or have you decided yet?

I'm looking on daft.ie and there seems to be some really cool accom in Blackrock and some of them also seem pretty cheap for Dublin!
Probably pocket change compared to NYC anyway eh
05-07-2012, 22:12   #22
Krys22

Hey Guys I am doing a masters in International Management CEMS, will be in Dublin begining on Sept, I know thats leaving things a bit late so will definitely need somewhere to live for about 4 months. I wonder if theres anyone else out there doing the same MSc.
10-07-2012, 14:09   #23
lily5

Hi everyone

I am heading to UCD for CEMS MSc International Management this september. I have already booked a room at Novitiate. As I should be spending one semester at UCD, I thought on-campus accommodation would be better as compared to off-campus considering there will be only 4 months to soak in campus life at UCD this fall.

Now I'm starting to wonder whether I made a good decision.
10-07-2012, 14:40   #24
magpie0508

Quote:
Originally Posted by lily5 View Post
Now I'm starting to wonder whether I made a good decision.
Hey Lily, I am going to UCD and have booked a room at Blackrock Novitiate as well(but I am not a smurfit business student). Are you wondering if it is a good decision going UCD or booking Novitiate or living on-campus?
Advertisement
10-07-2012, 15:49   #25
lily5

Hi Magpie

I meant that statement for Blackrock Novitiate purely! I've read on some thread here that Proby's the best residence on-campus at Blackrock.

I am a Smurfit Business student.

The doubt regarding Novitiate is purely because it's all self-catering in Blackrock in the on-campus residences.

What do you intend to do regarding this aspect?
11-07-2012, 02:08   #26
magpie0508

Quote:
Hi Magpie

I meant that statement for Blackrock Novitiate purely! I've read on some thread here that Proby's the best residence on-campus at Blackrock.
Maybe yes, I've heared some "best residence" threads on the boards. Well that's OK for me if not living in the best residence in UCD.

Quote:
The doubt regarding Novitiate is purely because it's all self-catering in Blackrock in the on-campus residences.

What do you intend to do regarding this aspect?
Self-catering's just fine (though I cannot cook well myself). I guess my first major is Computer Science and Cooking will be my second.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion