Bella Cuba bad experience - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

22-04-2012, 11:34   #1
dodgystats

Bella Cuba bad experience

Hey, Was anyone else stupid enough to also but this voucher? Myself and my girlfriend went there last night expecting 120 Euro's Worth and what we got was a joke. If they had asked me for 59 on the night they would not of got it.

In fairness, the description is correct but to value it at 120 Euro, to even charge 59Euro is a disgrace.

1st - 2 cocktails - They were fine

2nd - Starter - 1 plate between us, which had:1 crab cake each(size of 2 euro coin, they were nice but you could of had 5 of them) 2 chicken Croquettes(size of a pasta shell) meat pie(tiny, you would eat it in two fork fulls) and 8 tiny chips.

3rd Main Course - 1 plate between us, 3 small strips of tough chicken(the chicken tenders in Supermac's were bigger)

3 bits of steak( about 1/2 of a sirloin steak that 1 person would eat. Also while trying to cut it, we had to hold down the glasses on the table so they would not fall off. ), 4 tiny prawns(nothing special), again 8 tiny chips, 1 pork skewer(6 square pieces)

Sides - black bean rice (Cant really judge it as I never had it before but will never try it again) sautéed potatoes (these were lovely).

...35min wait until desert

4th Desert again 1 plate between us, 3 spoon fulls would of cleaned the plate.

Love to hear anyone else's experience.....

Last edited by dodgystats; 22-04-2012 at 11:38.
23-04-2012, 10:27   #2
Boards.ie: Niamh
Community Manager

Hi dodgystats,
Thanks for taking the time to post this and we're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your meal or the size of the portions. We'll pass your feedback on to Bella Cuba.
Thank you.
27-04-2012, 12:24   #3
evilmf

Hi,

we were in the restaurant a couple of days ago and, although we enjoyed our meal and the service, there is no way the original value was 120 EUR.

59 EUR for the meal was surely too much as well. We were full at the end but surely a bit disappointed on the value of the deal.

The meat was tender for us (I didn't particularly like the chicken, but it comes down to taste..) but nothing memorable.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion