Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

24-04-2012, 10:05   #121
Fussy Eater
Closed Account

It isn't a surprise that any of them made the play-offs but it is a very surprising final foursome in the West! The year of the underdog?
Advertisement
24-04-2012, 10:58   #122
tolosenc

Nashville are this year's one to watch.

Very happy that the Coyotes are through, even though they're probably heading to Quebec regardless.
24-04-2012, 12:26   #123
Fussy Eater
Closed Account

Yeah, as a Ducks fan I'm well aware of how effective the Preds game is - they always beat us! But I wouldn't discount the Blues continuing to ride their remarkable season or the Kings who have a lot of talent throughout their roster and importantly a tremendous netminder.
24-04-2012, 12:29   #124
robby^5

Big game for the Devils tonight. Losing to the Panthers would be humiliating and will probably mean Parise will be leaving us too.

Really hope we can bounce back and force another game 7 in the east.
24-04-2012, 12:33   #125
MrJoeSoap

Mod: Hockey
Quote:
Originally Posted by robby^5 View Post
Big game for the Devils tonight. Losing to the Panthers would be humiliating and will probably mean Parise will be leaving us too.
And Brodeur too by the sounds of things.
Advertisement
24-04-2012, 13:16   #126
cena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fussy Eater View Post
Yeah, as a Ducks fan I'm well aware of how effective the Preds game is - they always beat us! But I wouldn't discount the Blues continuing to ride their remarkable season or the Kings who have a lot of talent throughout their roster and importantly a tremendous netminder.
Welcome follow duck fan. Thought I was the only one that liked them
24-04-2012, 13:39   #127
Fussy Eater
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by cena View Post
Welcome follow duck fan. Thought I was the only one that liked them
Given that Ireland isn't exactly a hotbed of hockey it wasn't a bad assumption to make.
24-04-2012, 14:30   #128
MrJoeSoap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fussy Eater View Post
Given that Ireland isn't exactly a hotbed of hockey it wasn't a bad assumption to make.
Is Emilio Estevez still coaching them?
24-04-2012, 15:29   #129
scottmcb04

yeah the west semis should be very interesting, can see the preds winning in 5 or 6...

but the other 1 is nearly impossible to call as its going to be lucky bounces that win that 1, the blues have 2 very good keepers and kings have quick, going to be a low scoring 1 in my opinion, last 2 reg season games finished 1-0, with 1 of them going to a shoot out...

devils panthers tonight should be a good 1 with it probably going to game 7...

it will be interesting to see who comes through in the east with it still possible that 5,6,7 &8th seeds making it through to the semis, surely that would have to be a 1st?!
Advertisement
24-04-2012, 16:59   #130
Crapbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolosenc View Post
It's embarrassing. More so that AV seemingly refuses to accept that the reason we lost was not Jonathon quick, but rather our inbility to score over the last few months. We do have a mental block when it comes to agressive goalies, made Timmy T look better than he is last year, and made Quick look better than he is this year.

Still. Preds will win the Cup this year. Certainly better than every team in the West.

Don't think we'll pose much of a threat next season. Playoffs, and probably division title, though. We need a decent Luongo trade this summer.

Only Boston and Chicago being eliminated this week will make it better!
Guttless performance by the Canucks. Utterly terrible to go down to LA like that. They had 4 lines of depth last year and now they struggle to get consistancy with one. There are a few players that need to look themselves in the mirror. Losing to Boston last year cant be an excuse for everything. They didnt deserve to progress. Best of luck to the Kings

They should shift the Luongo contract asap, Schneider and Lack 1/2 for next year. Still cant blame Luo for what happens in front of him but the cap space would leave lots of options for AV
25-04-2012, 02:06   #131
MrJoeSoap

2-2 after two periods in the Devils-Panthers game. If Arron Asham got 4 games for his attack on Schenn then Scottie Upshall should be looking at something similar for punching Bernier in the back of the head twice whilst face down on the ice. Disgusting.
26-04-2012, 00:08   #132
MrJoeSoap

Anyone watching the first Game 7 of the playoffs tonight? Really looking forward to it.
26-04-2012, 00:15   #133
ancientoracle

For sure, nothing could keep me away from this game. Really hoping tonight is the night when our front lines start kicking into gear.

Last couple of games they have shown signs of getting into it more, with Sequins OT goal in D.C hopefully the weight is gone now and the goals and confidence will start to flow. This is gonna be a tough game, with a lot of nerves.

We gotta stay out of the box, stay calm and disciplined, while playing strong and physical. BRING IT ON !!!
26-04-2012, 00:16   #134
scottmcb04

definetly watching this game tonight, been a great series to watch... great teams defensively....

hope to see the caps win this 1, which i think they can do!!! but it will be close!
26-04-2012, 00:19   #135
MrJoeSoap

Tempted to put money on the Capitals, they look like decent value at 2.55

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size