Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing address while abroad?

Options
  • 20-04-2012 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Just a couple of questions:
    • Is there any possibility of changing the address of my account to a foreign address (Switzerland in this case)?
    • Is there any possibility of changing the address without actually walking into a branch (as I've been living abroad for the last three years and the address on my card may soon be sold). I realise that I would maybe have to jump through a lot of hoops. I don't know when the house would be sold and when I would be back in the country and would prefer that my statements would not be sent to strangers.

Thanks for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Wicklowmum

BKtje wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Just a couple of questions:
    • Is there any possibility of changing the address of my account to a foreign address (Switzerland in this case)?
    • Is there any possibility of changing the address without actually walking into a branch (as I've been living abroad for the last three years and the address on my card may soon be sold). I realise that I would maybe have to jump through a lot of hoops. I don't know when the house would be sold and when I would be back in the country and would prefer that my statements would not be sent to strangers.

Thanks for any help!

You can do this no problem, just send your branch a letter - make sure you sign it, asking to amend your address. List what ever accounts you have, current, savings, mortgage, home insurance, credit card etc etc - they have a department that amends addresses on all accounts - no need for separate letters. If any of the accounts are held jointly the other person needs to sign the letter too.

Alternatively, print, compoets and sign form from this link and send into your branch.

Hth

http://www.bankofireland.com/fs/doc/wysiwyg/Changedetails.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi BKtje,

Wicklowmum is entirely correct. All you have to do is fill out the form and send in to your branch. We can then update your details for all of your accounts. It'll take approximately 5 working days to process once we receive the form or your letter.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 8,040 ✭✭✭BKtje

Thanks wicklowmum and Pat!

One thing that was not made clear was whether I could change to an address outside the republic. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi BKtje,

Sorry about that. You shouldn't have any problems changing your address to one in Switzerland. When changing to an address outside of Ireland you will have to provide proof of the new address along with the form. Just send a copy of a utility bill or an official government document in your name and at the Swiss address.

Hope this helps
    Pat

• Advertisement

Perfect, thanks!

Advertisement