Music @ NUIG - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
04-04-2012, 17:39   #16
J o e
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,628
You should find what you're looking for in NUIG OP. As pointed out there's several music societies and you'll find like-minded students in each, you should have no problem putting a group together.

There's also two acoustic rooms, large and small (with piano) which you can prebook online and use for free.
J o e is offline  
Advertisement
05-04-2012, 00:29   #17
Pulsating Star
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Galway
Posts: 245
As I remember the crane bar used to host open mike/just join in sessions which let people jam in a live venue, nuig trad soc seem to play there often.

(As an aside I detest the growing use of Irish on here same as I detest the colleges discrimination against those who don't use it.)
Pulsating Star is offline  
05-04-2012, 13:50   #18
Ficheall
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,021
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulsating Star View Post
(As an aside I detest the growing use of Irish on here same as I detest the colleges discrimination against those who don't use it.)
Cén fáth? Agus conas a dhéanann an choláiste (nó na choláistí - nil sé soiléir ó do thrácht) idirdhealú i gcoinne daoine nach n-úsáideann í?

Why? And how does the college (or colleges - it's not clear from your post) discriminate against people who don't use it?
Ficheall is offline  
05-04-2012, 15:24   #19
KittyeeTrix
Registered User
 
KittyeeTrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Galway
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulsating Star View Post
As I remember the crane bar used to host open mike/just join in sessions which let people jam in a live venue, nuig trad soc seem to play there often.

(As an aside I detest the growing use of Irish on here same as I detest the colleges discrimination against those who don't use it.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ficheall View Post
Cén fáth? Agus conas a dhéanann an choláiste (nó na choláistí - nil sé soiléir ó do thrácht) idirdhealú i gcoinne daoine nach n-úsáideann í?

Why? And how does the college (or colleges - it's not clear from your post) discriminate against people who don't use it?
Guys, I'd appreciate it if ye didn't take this thread off-topic.

Please feel free to open another thread to discuss the issue of NUIG or other colleges discriminating against non-Irish speakers if ye want...

Thank you
KittyeeTrix is offline  
Thanks from:
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet