Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadowrun RPG Kickstarter

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

anyone else getting a bit sick of kickstarter?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Helix wrote: »

been around for YEARS but after Tim showed the world what it was capable of, people sat up and took notice. I'm actually quite fond of kickstarter.

I know the games are going to start showing up everywhere now but I like the idea of funding stuff that devs are genuinely passionate about and ideas that buck the trend.

Not saying I can't see it getting run into the ground by a swarm of game proposals but I still find it almost akin to browsing a shop these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

I would love to see this game re-released...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Well, it's great for demonstrating that the only people more conservative than game publishers are gamers themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

what happens if they don't meet their goal ? Do they still keep the money or does everyone be refunded etc ?

I've no problem with kickstarters at all, if its something that interests me then its pretty much just like pre-ordering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,408 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Magill wrote: »
    what happens if they don't meet their goal ? Do they still keep the money or does everyone be refunded etc ?

I've no problem with kickstarters at all, if its something that interests me then its pretty much just like pre-ordering.

If they don't hit their goal, you're card doesn't get debited. Worth noting that you don't get charged until the time is up, caught me by surprise the first time I ever funded something :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I'd give them money for a version close to the one on snes/megadrive not some turnbased rpg :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It's a great system, but as expected, it's causing over-saturation. It only really seems useful for reboots of old games.

But what I'm really sick of are the "We're so quirky" videos that go with them. I'm tired of cringing.

But that little bit of whining over with, I'd actually really like to see this get made. The whole Shadowrun world is fantastic and really should have had more games made of it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Funded in 28 hours. Can't fecking wait for it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Kinski

Doesn't sound all that exciting to me. Adore the SNES version, but a true successor to that would have to be a multi-million dollar production for the current-gen systems. Now that's a game I'd want to play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

A 1st look at characters and city scapes of Shadowrun Returns. Kind of looks like a facebook game but I'm still made to hear anything about it as the original was one of my favourite snes games.

http://kotaku.com/5939858/a-first-look-at-the-characters-and-cityscapes-of-shadowrun-returns/gallery/1

• Registered Users Posts: 29,520 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

1st look at Apha gameplay. Looks very promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I completely forgot about this. Looks great, and I'd love to hear more about the editor that comes with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

New gameplay from a custom story made in the Steam Workshop...

Advertisement