Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

500 Euro for Info on Stolen Car

Options
  • 27-03-2012 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

My car, a red Skoda Octavia, was stolen yesterday between 3.50 pm and 4.10 pm outside the Bank of Ireland in Dunleer, Co. Louth.

The car registration is 07 LH 2939.

I am offering 500 euro reward for the information that leads to the safe recovery of my car, and the identity of the person who stole it.

Sergeant Francisco Gallagher of Drogheda Garda Station is handling the case.

Many thanks.

Mary Matthews
    Dunleer
    Co. Louth

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Sorry to hear your loss OP.

How did they steal it? Did they have a key or tow it?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Any pictures of the car? Anything unique about it? Alloys? Dents? etc

Were the keys left in it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MatthewsMary

No, the keys weren't left in it - I walked out of the Bank with the keys in my hand, but the central locking had gone on the key/car.

There is a dent in the back (not noticeable up close) but a big scratch on the rear passenger side.

Mary

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Mary you might be better off posting this in the Louth forum as well because that gets alot more local traffic which might be more helpful.

• Advertisement

How do you rob an Octy without the keys? +1 to the Louth forum. I'm local to you so will keep an eye out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭MickySticks

Did you leave the car open?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Pictures would really help OP. I like Octavias so i always give them a second glance

Hello Friends, my mobile phone was stolen in the car theft. It seems as if the thief used my phone at 4.38 pm (to establish the credit on the phone - 4 euro) and then used the phone. At the time I locked the phone 99 cent had been used up. So, I am now waiting for Vodafone to provide me with the numbers of the people the thief contacted during that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Hello Friends, my mobile phone was stolen in the car theft. It seems as if the thief used my phone at 4.38 pm (to establish the credit on the phone - 4 euro) and then used the phone. At the time I locked the phone 99 cent had been used up. So, I am now waiting for Vodafone to provide me with the numbers of the people the thief contacted during that time.

Well that's a start anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Hunter Mahan

I'm curious as to how they took it without the keys? I didn't think it was possible. Do you know where your spare keys are?
    I will keep an eye out for it.
    What size engine? Diesel or petrol? Alloys?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Do you have the car long? Do you have all keys for the car or just the one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Unhelpful posts removed. Take your bad jokes to after hours.

Colm, I've had since 2007. There have been at least two previous theft attempts, but none successful. No, I only had one key, the other got lost years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

I'm too far away to be of any help to you Mary . But I hope you get your car back .let us know how you get on.

I'm curious as to how they took it without the keys? I didn't think it was possible. Do you know where your spare keys are?
    I will keep an eye out for it.
    What size engine? Diesel or petrol? Alloys?

1.4 petrol Liftback 80bhp by the looks of it. Still can't fathom how they got the car tbh....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭johnayo

MugMugs wrote: »
    1.4 petrol Liftback 80bhp by the looks of it. Still can't fathom how they got the car tbh....

Spec Lift truck I'd say. Without a key for the car, unlikely to start it in a hurry I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Do you have insurance? Why worry if you do thats what its for at the end of the day, its unlucky but thats life.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

Did the external camera of the bank or any shops close by catch anything? No harm in asking them

Unfortunately not - I did all the detective work I could to no avail.

Mary
    Did the external camera of the bank or any shops close by catch anything? No harm in asking them

• Advertisement
Advertisement