Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Haze Guitars - FANTASTIC

Options
  • 09-07-2011 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

This morning, I got three guitars back from Gerry Hayes of Haze Guitars. I’d asked him to do a set-up job on each, as well as a little bit of tweaking with the wiring of one.

His work is absolutely fantastic! Each guitar is set-up exactly as I’d like. They play better now than they ever have. I’m delighted! The price was certainly right too.

Apart from doing flawless guitar technician work, he builds his own instruments. He must be good; Joe Bonamasa uses one of his guitars!

We discussed the possibility of him building me a guitar too, and it seems that everything to him is no problem. Exciting times ahead for me, it’ll be cool to have a guitar built to my own spec… by an Irish luthier.

On top of all that, he is a very nice friendly and knowledgeable guy. He was able to explain everything to me in the simplest terms (I am pretty clueless about guitar maintenance and building!).

If you need work done, I’d recommend him absolutely 100%!

His web site is at:
    http://www.hazeguitars.com

He writes for another site:
    http://www.guitarless.com
    (Be careful of this one, you can waste a lot of time reading the articles here)

Best wishes,

Tony

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,631 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

How much was it for just the set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭500x

The whole lot cost me €170, I didn't ask for a breakdown. I've paid other technicians over half that for a set-up on a single guitar before.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

i've seen his website before, he certainly makes some beautiful instruments. Oh for the cash to buy one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

where is he based? ...I'd like to get my martin acoustic setup

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭500x

Hi Fingers, Hope all is well with you.

He is based in Lucan.

Best wishes,

Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mydingaling

where is he based? ...I'd like to get my martin acoustic setup

I left my Martin with Gerry last Wednesday to have it set up and the action lowered a little. To say that the result exceeded my expectations is an understatement.He polished the frets and applied something(I'll have to find out what it was)to the fret board.The guitar is far better and nicer to play.He only charged me 45 euro and that includes a fresh set of strings. A nice genuine guy who does a great job.

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

+1

Gerry is a great guy!

He's currently repairing my "pride and joy" guitar... such an easy guy to deal with and very talented!

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭bluferbl

I had three guitars worked on by Gerry...two Strats with EMGs needed to have battery boxes installed in the back and a PRS with a small chip in the top coat needed some TLC. All three jobs were extremely well done (I can't find where the chip used to be on the PRS) and the price was reasonable too. Highly recommended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 GerryHayes

Wow! I don't get a chance to stop by Boards very often but it's amazing to find this when I do. And there I was, thinking there was a law against people saying nice things about stuff on the internet. ;-)

Hope it's not out of place for me to comment on this thread, but I just wanted to say thanks a lot for this. I'm genuinely glad I was able to help out and that you're all happy with your guitars. I really appreciate your taking the time to say so on here.

Thanks everyone.

Gerry (the one from Haze Guitars)

Pm sent Gerry

• Advertisement

Just got my martin back from the G man and she plays fantastic. Cheers dude! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Atnas55

Hey guys,

Just got my beloved Takamine acoustic back from Gerry Hayes of Haze Guitar Repairs in Lucan. I left it with him to repair some cosmetic damage to the rear, top side rear edging and headstock which had been damaged after it had fallen from the case out onto a road..ouch! I wish I had taken before and after pics because his work is flawless. The top side edging had completely chipped away and the back was beginning to split from the side. The repair on this section is excellent and I have difficulty seeing where the repair work was done. I also asked Gerry to fit a pick guard as the guitar is a Takamine Natural series and the cedar top was getting dug out of it because I have a tendency to strum the guitar like I hate the thing! He did a great job choosing and fitting the guard too. I would highly recommend Gerry as he is very knowledgeable and great to deal with and his workmanship is second to none.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mydingaling

Gerry fitted a pick up to my new Martin OM a few weeks ago and did a lovely job he also addressed a saddle issue and didn't charge me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Enda08

Just spreading the love :D Gerry's done a few nice jobs for me too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭population

Gerry helped fix an annoying rattle on my old Martin a while ago. Job well done

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭RICARDO1982

I have an Epi Les Paul lying around the last while I kept meaning to fit pickups to,
    and have a set up done one it . I got Gerry to do it, picked it up today it plays fantastic I fully recommend his work his workmanship is excellent and the guitar punches well above its weight now!!! A huge improvement! Now to go play the guitar a bit more :)

Advertisement