Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 infractions and your banned

Options
  • 26-03-2012 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭

How does this rule work from forum to forum. Is it normal to get permanent ban when you have no live infractions. Say you have one or two expired infractions but no live infractions and a moderator gets annoyed with you and bans you permanently which happens from time to time.

Is there any recourse or room for negotiation when something like this happens. I read in the guidelines that moderators have alot of flexibility when handling disputes but say in an instance where there is no direct rules breached by the poster's. As per my previous thread about guidelines for following a moderators direction..There is no set rule but of course you have to listen to them, but would it be overzealous to perm ban you when you have no live infractions.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,180 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's no required precursor before a ban is applied, not even a warning. If a mod feels it's warranted, they can go straight to applying a ban.

Whether or not the infractions are live or not doesn't have much relevance, if past infractions still aren't enough to get a poster to correct any bad/disruptive/uncivil behaviour, then a ban is usually the next level of escalation. Though usually a temp ban and not a permanent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Thanks Spear

I appreciate you taking your time to answer my questions.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement