Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-03-2012, 20:23   #1
scotsman1990

Battery types

Hi all i have an m4 with all stock internals motor, gears, hop up etc the battery that came with it has (NI-MH 2/3A 1100mAh HP 8.4V) written on it.

Am just wondering what battery i could upgrade to that wud be better and last longer etc ??

and if u cud recomend a place were i could get them wud be very much appreciated

Thanks
Advertisement
25-03-2012, 20:30   #2
tomaswatkins

would depend on the make of the gun most m4s as standerd can go up to 9.6 but you would need to share the brand and how old it is to know for sure
25-03-2012, 20:38   #3
scotsman1990

it has colt written on the gun if thats the make and its less than a year old if that helps
25-03-2012, 21:45   #4
Lemming

Send a message via MSN to Lemming Send a message via Yahoo to Lemming
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsman1990 View Post
Hi all i have an m4 with all stock internals motor, gears, hop up etc the battery that came with it has (NI-MH 2/3A 1100mAh HP 8.4V) written on it.

Am just wondering what battery i could upgrade to that wud be better and last longer etc ??
it sounds like you have an 8.4v Nimh 'mini' type battery (so called because of the size/type of the connector; mini-tamyia) judging by the mAh rating you've given.

Assuming it's a garden variety 8.4v mini (2 rows of three battery cells with one across the bottom), you can easily pick up the same type of battery with a higher mAh rating, which will give you more shots at a minimum improvement; e.g. 1200 mAh, 1500mAh, etc.

I use Component-Shop for my batteries (but then again my better half & I also use all sorts), but any airsoft shop should be able provide 8.4v or 8.4v mini battery types of varying mAh sizes.

Last edited by Lemming; 25-03-2012 at 21:49.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion