Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supersaver

Options
  • 24-03-2012 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I have heard that the price plan I am currently on is due to expire at end of this month. I have not received notification from your company. Can someone please let me know if this is true and what are the options / consequences of this for me? Please!
    jb

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭wench

Your discount will expire at the end of march.
    Because it was in the original t&cs they aren't bothering to remind people.

You can still get a discount for direct debit & e-billing, but you have to contact them and tell them you want it!

www.bonkers.ie can show you all the providers available to you, if you want to shop around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

JB81 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I have heard that the price plan I am currently on is due to expire at end of this month. I have not received notification from your company. Can someone please let me know if this is true and what are the options / consequences of this for me? Please!
    jb
    Hi JB81,

It would have been outlined when you originally set up the current price plan of which you are availing, that it expires on 31st March 2012. If you would like us to organise having discounts reapplied to your account after 31st March, that is no problem - just send a group private message to myself and Electric Ireland: David.

We will be online here from 8.00am on 2nd April.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

Thanks Una

Ok i'll do that.

I take it this is just a nice way of you enforcing a price increase ( ie: re-applying lower discounts??! ).

Considering I got no paperwork from ESB Electric Ireland, all my bills etc.. were done online, I would do well to find where this was stated originally!

Thanks Anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Selbeep

I have a similar query. We joined Electric Ireland in July, 2011 but on our last bill, the prices seemed to have changed. At no time during our sign up were we told that our price plan would change and if it was to change, I wouldn't have expected that to happen until at least the first year was up. The latest bill is priced partly on Super Saver and partly on Domestic Tariff and I would be grateful if the discounts could be reapplied to put us back on the Super Saver Plan. Thanks a lot.

Selbeep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi Selbeep & JB81,

As part of the sign-up process, all customers are asked if they agree to the terms and conditions of the priceplan in question, which would include when the discounts expire. The relevant terms and conditions should also have been received in the welcome pack, which issues when the changeover is complete (this would be posted out, irrespective of whether the customer has opted for online billing).

The Supersaver priceplan was available from April to August 2011, and all Supersaver customers reverted back to the standard rates on 31st March 2012. The subsequent Valuesaver priceplans (non-contract) replaced the Supersaver, and customers still on these plans will receive the same rate of discounts until the end of August 2012.

The current priceplans are contract-based, and the discounts with these plans hold good until 30th June 2013 (see here).

Our apologies if you were not informed of the terms and conditions and/or did not receive a welcome pack. If you can please send the following details by private message we can investigate this further:
    • Your full name and account number (you must be a named account holder to discuss the account)
    • The contact number and date of birth (for account security)
    Thanks,

David.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Have you a link for the terms and conditions of the "Reward Tariff" please, as i see the price has increased also. Are people in receipt of FEA able to phone up again and receive a discount or is it time to shop around again?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

Same thing happened to me. Part of my bill is supersaver, and second part was increased price.

What annoyed me was that first of all, I was not notified, and I honestly don't remember that the supersaver was for a limited time, but more importantly, why take the direct debit discount, and the online bill discount from me, when I still pay by direct debit and get my bill online?

Very unfair ...:mad:

Hi cold case,
    cold case wrote:
    why take the direct debit discount, and the online bill discount from me, when I still pay by direct debit and get my bill online?

It's not that we took those specific discounts away - the price plan as a whole expired on 31st March 2012, as outlined in the original terms and conditions. All discounts tend to be for a limited period only.

We do have other price plans now available (see here), so you can still receive discounts for direct debit and online billing, but you would need to "opt-in", as they involve a new set of terms and conditions you would need to agree to before signing up.
    chasm wrote:
    Have you a link for the terms and conditions of the "Reward Tariff" please, as i see the price has increased also. Are people in receipt of FEA able to phone up again and receive a discount or is it time to shop around again?

We don't currently have an active link to those terms and conditions, as they have been superseded by our current price plan offerings. Customers in receipt of the Free Electricity Allowance are just as eligible for our current price plans as any other customer; they would just need to get in touch to have them applied, for the reasons outlined above.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

David.

Just looked through the price plans and there doesn't seem to be much on offer for existing customers, the green price plan seems to be it! If i recall correctly the reward plan for FEA customers wasn't advertised on your site last year and recipients had to phone EI to get the details, is there anything like this on offer at the moment as i seem to be able to get a better deal with the other companies if the green price plan is the only deal on offer :(

Hi chasm,

We no longer offer the equivalent of a Reward price plan. The best offer we currently have for existing customers is a 9% discount on our standard electricity rates (if you are dual-fuel - 6% off for electricity only accounts).

If you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,

David.

• Advertisement

Looks like i'll have to switch so, Thanks any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Claregirl

I see I've been caught out like everyone above! Pity I didn't see this before I got this months bill!! What a con! :mad:

Was expecting a lower bill this month due to longer hours of sunlight etc and instead have had an increase of €35 on last bill (No better time to Estimate a bill than with a price change well done)!

My unit price has changed from .1476 to .1619 can you tell me what's the best unit price I can achieve with Electric Ireland. Am on DD and Online Billing - Electric Only. Can discount be applied retrospectively??

Hi Claregirl,

The discounts that were introduced last year expired on 31st March this year for all Electric Ireland customers on price plans.

Just to advise: price plans ending would not have any bearing on estimates - all customers' bills are based on a combination of readings and estimates throughout a year. The difference in an estimate will always be made up for in a subsequent bill based on an accurate reading.
    If the due date for payment of your bill has not arrived yet and you could send us a meter reading, we could have it reissued? A way to ensure your bill is never based on an estimate is to submit a meter reading every time - customers can do this here.

The discounts that you could avail of are 4% for direct debit and 2% for online billing. These cannot be applied retrospectively, only from the date on which you requested them. If you send me your details by private message, I can arrange to have these applied? Just to advise also: a contract until June 2013 applies to these latest price plans.

Regards,
    Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭MisterB

Ts & Cs.

Not everybody got them. e.g. I had to 'sign-up' by phone - because of technical issues etc. - to do with FEA.
    Even then, it was 8 months before the discounts were properly applied...
    ...and now removed at the 'push of a button'.

The only information that reached me was with my November bill and was a single sheet with the new "ValueReward" pricing effective from 1st October. There was also a brief terms section which said all discounts were applicable to 31st August??
    About 2 weeks later an amended version arrived; it was "Reward" pricing and discounts applicable to 31st March??

So I am back on full unit price!
    Do I have to re-apply for DD discount?

Claregirl wrote: »

My unit price has changed from .1476 to .1619 can you tell me what's the best unit price I can achieve with Electric Ireland?

Thanks for the response Una. Is there any chance of you answering the question above? I'd like to know the actual rate I'll be charged if I signed up today and what date this rate will expire if possible!

MisterB wrote: »
    So I am back on full unit price!
    Do I have to re-apply for DD discount?
    Hi MisterB,

Yes, all customers' price plans expired on 31st March so in order to have the new discounts applied, customers are required to contact us to have this arranged. If you wish, I could have it done for you - let me know whether you would like me to organise this, and I will advise as to what details we require by private message.
    Claregirl wrote: »
    Thanks for the response Una. Is there any chance of you answering the question above? I'd like to know the actual rate I'll be charged if I signed up today and what date this rate will expire if possible!
    Hi Clare,

Oh yes, sorry, I should have included that with the discounts information. :) Do you have a standard meter or dual tariff (day/night) one.

No expiry date has been settled for the latest price plans yet - but the contract for them is until 30th June 2013.

Regards,
    Una

Hi MisterB,

Yes, all customers' price plans expired on 31st March so in order to have the new discounts applied, customers are required to contact us to have this arranged. If you wish, I could have it done for you - let me know whether you would like me to organise this, and I will advise as to what details we require by private message.
    Yes please

Hi again MisterB,

We require the Electric Ireland account number, name/address/telephone number/date of birth on the account and we can only discuss account specifics/make account changes with the named account-holder.

Regards,
    Una

And just to add: if you could include Electric Ireland: David in the private message also, as he will be following up this query.

Regards :)
    Una

PM already sent. I'll let you forward it.

• Advertisement

Hi Clare,

Oh yes, sorry, I should have included that with the discounts information. :) Do you have a standard meter or dual tariff (day/night) one.

No expiry date has been settled for the latest price plans yet - but the contract for them is until 30th June 2013.

Regards,
    Una

Standard Meter - Also if I'm no longer getting the benefit of the discount for DD and Online Billing without signing a contract can ye now remove these options from my account? I can pm the account details etc as depending on the reply to the above query I think there may be better value elsewhere....

Hi Claregirl,

For a standard meter, the unit rate with the discounts of overall 6% (for direct debit and online billing) is 0.1521 (we offer further discounts for electricity and gas dual fuel option). A contract does apply to these price plans until 30th June 2013.

Account details we would require by private message are: Electric Ireland account number and name/address/telephone number/date of birth on the account. We can only discuss account particulars/make account amendments with the named account-holder.

Regards :)
    Una

Advertisement