Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIDL - 1 KG Greek Yogurt = 1.99

Options
  • 23-03-2012 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭

Those Yoplait can cost around 85 cent for 125g.

Great value.

127 calories / 100g

RfKxB.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

How long does it stay fresh after opening though?
    I'd usually have 100g as part of my breakfast, which means there could be a lot of waste.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Sure it's been that price for months.
    Awesomeness in a litre tub.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

How long does it stay fresh after opening though?
    I'd usually have 100g as part of my breakfast, which means there could be a lot of waste.

I don't know but it has a good lid so should last a good week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Yup I get this from time to time and it lasts a week no problem. Id say the high fat content keeps it good for quite a while. Nice Yogurt too. Usually mix with some frozen mixed berries partially microwave defrosted + some flax seed to make a nice desert.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

Having it the Greek way (ooooh er Missus!) i.e. with honey is really nice as a dessert (relatively low-cal) or on cereal. I find I often let it go off though - probably by dipping a spoon in and out of it and thereby contaminating it. Might last longer if I spooned out a few days worth at a time into a bowl in the fridge, and carefully put the lid back on the tub.

Good texture - incredible price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

very tasty, we usually use it in cooking to replace cream and that kind of thing, or as a dessert with some honey and granola, or fruits.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭eqwjewoiujqorj

dowtchaboy wrote: »
    Good texture - incredible price.

The container is like a small bucket of paint it's so big - great taste as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭zookey

loving this greek yogurt from lidl but is it suitable on a weight watchers diet does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i imagine it depends on how much of it you'd use. it's 10% fat afaik, so if you can eat things on your diet that have that fat content then yes, but otherwise i'd imagine not.

you can get fat free fromage frais which would work if you can't have much fat in your food.

Advertisement