Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Pace box

Options
  • 20-03-2012 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

I am planning on replacing my TV in the next few weeks and after having had a look around most new TV's have no scart connections which the older pace box relies on. Will UPC swap out the box free of charge?

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

your in the wrong place you need to post here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=54

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭pa990

are you sure about the scart connections ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,511 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Moved to Cable/MMDS.

I've personally yet to see a recent TV without a SCART connection, but maybe this is the case now.

OP does the TV have component AV-in. If so a SCART to component AV connector might be suitable for you.

The latest UPC STBs have HDMI out though there have been reports elsewhere on the cable forum that UPC have refused to swap boxes on demand unless one takes up either HD or multiroom. Now UPC might wish to stop a flood of requests to swap boxes (because you can only recieve RTÉ Two HD on the HD-capable boxes) but they might look favourably on a genuine case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

All new tv's have one scart connection in place, some tv's such as the samsung have a smaller scart connector that looks like a usb slot but has an adaptor that connects to a scart annoying my opinion but at least they are there.

Should u need more scart sockets you can get a scart switching block.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Scart-4-Way-Switching-Block-Integrated-Scart-Lead-/290417994847

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭crashplan

Thanks for the info. Will chance my arm with UPC on an upgrade but I will investigate AV-in and the mini scart.

• Advertisement
Advertisement