Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

14-03-2012, 17:49   #1
hcass

Creative Writing Blog thread

I'm really getting into blogging and I'm pretty sure there has to be more than a few bloggers on this creative writing forum. SO I was thinking maybe we could have a sticky where we can promote our blogs, let everyone know when we update, that type of thing?

I love reading other people's blogs but it is difficult to find the particular type of blog that appeals to me i.e. more words less inspiration boards or pictures. I suspect the bloggers on here would be the wordy blogs so yeah, I'm hoping to read your blogs and maybe if you have any time you could have a glance at mine. And don't worry - I'm not going to put my bog name up until you say it is ok to and that we're going ahead with this. This is not a look at MY blog thread - it's a (hopefully, if it happens) look at everyone's blog thread.

Anyone else with me?
Advertisement
14-03-2012, 22:26   #2
An File
Lording over insects

Send a message via Skype™ to An File
I'm interested!
Thanks from:
15-03-2012, 21:16   #3
hcass

Thanks Insect overload, anyone else out there?

Any moderators reading that are willing to make this a sticky?
15-03-2012, 21:19   #4
hcass

D'oh! I just realised you ARE a mod. Oops - any chance of that sticky?

Any one else wanna share their blog with the world via the medium of boards?
16-03-2012, 02:32   #5
An File
Lording over insects

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcass View Post

I'm just a regular poster on this forum. Stickies are kept fairly minimal here these days, so I'd say the best thing to do would be to get the ball rolling and give this thread a bit of content of its own.
Advertisement
16-03-2012, 08:05   #6
Antilles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insect Overlord View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hcass View Post

I'm just a regular poster on this forum. Stickies are kept fairly minimal here these days, so I'd say the best thing to do would be to get the ball rolling and give this thread a bit of content of its own.
I thought advertising blogs in threads was frowned on?
16-03-2012, 09:34   #7
pickarooney

I don't mind the idea in its innocent form but if and when it inevitably crosses the line into one-post wonder spamtasia it will need to be locked down. You can of course exchange PMs with your blog links and discuss your findings on here if you wish.
16-03-2012, 16:17   #8
dory

We do this in the Independent Travel and it works quite well. But I'm strict one one post wonders.
16-03-2012, 18:10   #9
hcass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickarooney View Post
I don't mind the idea in its innocent form but if and when it inevitably crosses the line into one-post wonder spamtasia it will need to be locked down. You can of course exchange PMs with your blog links and discuss your findings on here if you wish.

That sounds fair enough - ok, should I start a new "Creative Writing Blog thread - New Blogs and Updates" thread or keep going with this one?
Advertisement
16-03-2012, 18:14   #10
pickarooney

Renamed. 25 post minimum to post a link and there needs to be some discussion in the thread. Sound fair?
(3) thanks from:
16-03-2012, 18:38   #11
hcass

Brilliant! Thank you.

Well I'll go first...

My blog is http://nuttygalwantstocomehome.blogspot.com/ it's called Nutterly Butterly. It's just about my life and things that make me laugh and make me angry. MOstly angry though. I like to think it's funny but you can tell me if I'm just fooling myself if you like.

Just wondering what type of blogs you all have and what inspires you?
Thanks from:
16-03-2012, 22:59   #12
An File
Lording over insects

I'm working on three different blogs at the moment.

Started The Diary I Always Meant To Keep three and a half years ago as an open journal. It's very personal, but I've got some great feedback from all sorts of people who I never expected would ever read it. What inspires me? Usually self-induced madness.

My current pet project is a poetry blog, updated every day for the last 45 days. The plan is to continue updating it for at least the next three months. So far I've only got feedback from friends, but it's averaging 40 visits a day so I'm pretty happy. I've also found that looking back over my old stuff has got me back into writing new material again.

Last but not least is my Irish language blog. I don't use it too often, but I've been updating it every day for Seachtain na Gaeilge 2012 with the poems I've written in Irish.
(2) thanks from:
18-03-2012, 20:51   #13
reap-a-rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insect Overlord View Post

My current pet project is a poetry blog, updated every day for the last 45 days. The plan is to continue updating it for at least the next three months. So far I've only got feedback from friends, but it's averaging 40 visits a day so I'm pretty happy. I've also found that looking back over my old stuff has got me back into writing new material again.
I think your poem "The Writer" is amazing!

I keep a poetry blog too. Some poems from years ago, some fairly recent. Have a few more I wrote very recently to put up there too! I don't claim to be a poet but I do like writing down my thoughts and oftentimes they come out as poems (There's one poem there that's a bit of an experiment, if anyone notices it, let me know ) http://tarareapy.wordpress.com/
(2) thanks from:
19-03-2012, 20:07   #14
hcass

Insect OL - wow! Your blog is so personal, I don't think I'd be comfortable being so honest on my blog. Very brave of you.
Thanks from:
31-03-2012, 00:32   #15
An File
Lording over insects

This thread's gone quiet again. I just posted my 60th poem, something I'm very pleased about! That's a full 2 months of blogging so far.

How about links to blogs by other writers? I know a lot of people on Boards have a lot of time for Walsho's blog. Is there anyone else like him that posters here could recommend?
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion