Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edge 500 .fit file problem

Options
  • 18-03-2012 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭

Dudes & dudettes, I recorded data on the Garmin yesterday but when I went to upload to Strava I get the following error message,
    NoMethodError undefined method `unpack' for nil:NilClass

and when I upload to Garmin I'm just told to contact support, which I did yesterday but haven't received a response yet. Can anyone shed any light? I can email the .fit file to anyone that might be able to rescue it.

I've tried turning on/off, uploading from the Edge to the websites and uploading the .fit file from the computer but I've not had any luck yet.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,594 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you tried loading it onto GoldenCheetah, or Garmin Training Centre? You can "import from file" in both cases, which may give a different result than "downloading from device". Likewise you can try and take it straight from the file (using the browse function) rather than downloading from device on Strava

• Registered Users Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭fat bloke

That's a pain. Hope you get it sorted. Be nice to have debut race data.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Plastik

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you tried loading it onto GoldenCheetah, or Garmin Training Centre? You can "import from file" in both cases, which may give a different result than "downloading from device". Likewise you can try and take it straight from the file (using the browse function) rather than downloading from device on Strava

Just tried the Training Centre now and still no good when importing the file directly from the desktop. Bit disappointing. The training centre doesn't recognize the file from the 500 when doing an automatic upload but if I browse the 500 files itself the .fit record of it is in there. It looks like I could be fighting a losing battle with this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭g0g

Plastik wrote: »
    Just tried the Training Centre now and still no good when importing the file directly from the desktop. Bit disappointing. The training centre doesn't recognize the file from the 500 when doing an automatic upload but if I browse the 500 files itself the .fit record of it is in there. It looks like I could be fighting a losing battle with this one.
    I might be able to save you as I had a similar problem last year! Tr ythis link on the Garmin forums and post your file in the thread. Some random bloke fixed mine within a few hours of posting it! :) I had similar problem could see the file and copied it off my Edge 500 but neither Strava nor Connect would accept it as an upload. The only weird thing on the fixed file is it says it's from an Edge 800 now instead of 500 plus I think maybe I lost the cadence data (not sure on that), but everything else was ok.
    LINK TO THREAD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Plastik

Thanks g0g, it's worth a shot!

• Advertisement
Advertisement