Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is my withdrawal ?

Options
  • 16-03-2012 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 53,916 ✭✭✭✭

Man im very cross since yesterday and not seeing it in my bank today makes it even worse

Basically I withdrew 100 euro on the 8th of March and todays is the 16th and no sign of it in my bank account

My bookie is Boyles. Iv been in contact with them and they fog me off to the bank and then the bank fogs me off to Boyles

Here's my latest discussion with them
    hello
    Im really disappointed with boyles service. withdrawn my money on the 8th of march and its the 16th today and not money in my bank account.

rang the bank and they told me its boyles fault

One moment please while I check your account.

The €100 withdrawal request that you made on 8/3/12 was processed here at 13:55:31 and sent to your bank for payment. It would then have been placed in the bank's holding account where it would wait until it was cleared by the bank, who would then process it into your account. While the bank have checked your account and saw that the money was not there, they have most likely not checked their holding accounts. It would be best for you to contact the bank's missing payments department.

Also, if after 10 working days you have not received the payment, if you get written declaration from your bank that the funds have not credited to your account, we can then start a trace on the payment from here, however I should reiterate that we have processed the payment to your bank.

why do you think this has happened?

Its hard to say really as it is largely dependent on the bank. If could be down to a backlog of payments on their side, most banks would take up 5 working days to clear a payment , however if there are backlogs or delays or technical issues it could sometimes take a little longer, which is why we are required to wait 10 working days before putting a trace request on a payment to the bank.

and the fault couldnt be at your side, maybe the computers are telling you somthing else than what actually happened?

The funds have been processed from here. If the fault was on this side the funds would bounce back into your account within a few seconds of us processing the payment.

like I never had trouble with withdrawing from boyles before

so for this to happened is beyound bizarre

The funds are almost certainly in the bank's holding account, as I said , I am unable to put a trace request in with the bank until the funds have been missing for 10 working days.

why such a long wait for a trace? I was talking to AIB about the trace yesterday and they didnt understand why such a wait

It is to allow for any delays that may have be holding the payment up on the bank's side (i.e. funds stuck in a holding account).

so you think my best bet is the holding acount

I think that is where your funds most likely are at the moment. As it takes 5 working days usually for a payment to clear and today is the 7th working day, if you have not received the funds by Wednesday, if you contact us again we'll put in a trace request with the bank.

what do you need off me for the trace then?

We would need written confirmation from the bank that the payment has not arrived in your account.

right andrew ill get on to my bank again, any advice on what to ask them?

Just ask them maybe to contact the missing payments department if they have one or to check their holding accounts.

thanks alot, ill do that

red highllight is Boyles customer service

Anyone have experience with missing money like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,916 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

****ing awful customer service by boyles too

talking down to ya *****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Prob the banks fault, but tbh Boyles are a joke. Closed my account with them last week due to pathetic live betting. Prices were usually slightly better than pp tho.

I usually just went into shop with licence and withdrew funds instantly.

They are miles behind the rest suprisingly for a big bookie

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Just withdraw from the shop in future

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

To be fair, it more than likely is a problem at the banks end. It happens more than you'd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Why close your account?

• Advertisement

Still no money in my account. Man this ****ing ridiculous at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭PEACEBROTHER

Any luck with this ?

Yes finally I got it today

A bit of wit ehh

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

Did you close your boyles account in the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

plenty of companies, not just bookmakers, experience difficulties/delays with banks. unfortunately, it usually affects the customers most.

i have a boyles account, and any time i have wanted a withdrawal, i went into the shop and was paid in about five minutes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement