Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what does a p45 look like?

• 09-03-2012 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

I was made redundant last month and I was given a p45 printout. I seen a friends p45 and its different to mine - its on a cream form. Does anyone have a picture or image of what the proper p45 looks like...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭relax carry on

culsoh wrote: »
    I was made redundant last month and I was given a p45 printout. I seen a friends p45 and its different to mine - its on a cream form. Does anyone have a picture or image of what the proper p45 looks like...

P45s are mostly printed PDF docs on one page as they are now mostly computer generated using Revenues ROS system. You still get the odd handwritten one which comes in three pages but both are the same. If you are unsure if the P45 you have is valid, contact your PAYE area of Revenue as they should have a copy on file by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭culsoh

Awh well then , its probably ok then.

It says "Pro Forma" in red writing on the top right hand corner though - is that ok??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

It says "Pro Forma" in red writing on the top right hand corner though - is that ok??

Sounds like the printed it off using a payroll software package but haven't filed it with Revenue yet/at time they gave you the printout.

If you are looking for an official P45 to use with the Department of Social Protection or something I'd get back on to them for a proper copy of the P45 as submitted to Revenue.

prinz wrote: »

Sounds like the printed it off using a payroll software package but haven't filed it with Revenue yet/at time they gave you the printout.

If you are looking for an official P45 to use with the Department of Social Protection or something I'd get back on to them for a proper copy of the P45 as submitted to Revenue.

Will the form I have do for my new employer? Who should I contact for the proper copy - the revenue or my past employer's

prinz wrote: »

Will the form I have do for my new employer? Who should I contact for the proper copy - the revenue or my past employer's

Your former employer will have the original P45. Ask them for the original and not the pro forma. It will probably be on one sheet, with parts 2, 3 and 4 listed on it. It's part 2 and 3 you give to a new employer.

• Advertisement

Are these printed on Cream paper?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭irish_bhoy09

I got my p45 today.its just on an ordinery white paper printed out.its just one page should ther not be 3 or 4 pages .any time b4 it was on red yellow etc paper or is this just a new way of doing it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

No. Proforma is no good.

But, they are now printed on plain paper. This was due to the government making savings on printing costs. I doubt you can get the valid hand written ones since they brought out USC. Stand to be corrected on that though.

I got my p45 today.its just on an ordinery white paper printed out.its just one page should ther not be 3 or 4 pages .any time b4 it was on red yellow etc paper or is this just a new way of doing it?

The old carbon ones are pretty rare now. Its mainly computer generated ones through ROS on one page. They now contain info on Pay, PAYE, USC, PRSI and just recently the LPT.

Advertisement