Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can Quirk Douglas meet women in the Limerick area who are into the following;

Options
  • 12-03-2012 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭

Preferably in the 18-25 age bracket;

Silent movies (Lilian Gish, Buster Keaton, Harold Lloyd, Greta Garbo, Rudolph Valentino, Laurel & Hardy, etc)
    Music of the 20's and 30's (Russ Columbo, Sophie Tucker, Al Bowlly, Rudy Vallee, Helen Forrest, Marion Harris, Annette Hanshaw, etc)
    Classic Literature (Scott, Poe, Shakespeare, Huxley, Mann, Dostoevsky, Beckett, etc)
    Film Noir (Kiss Me Deadly, Out of the Past, The Big Sleep, The Big Combo, D.O.A., etc)
    Rockabilly, Jazz Vocalists, Krautrock, British Invasion (Small Faces, Kinks, SANDIE SHAW, LULU, CILLA BLACK, etc)
    British New Wave cinema (Kitchen Sink Dramas)
    Science Fiction television shows early 50's - mid 60's (One Step Beyond, Science Fiction Theatre, Twilight Zone, etc)
    French writers (Sartre, Camus, Baudelaire, Rimbaud, Proust, etc)
    The Marx Brothers, W.C. Fields, Mae West, etc
    Playing an instrument, interest in art is optional.

Seriously.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

You're in luck my friend.

I know someone living on the Bloodmill Road who's into all these things. His name's Frank and he's single. PM me for his digits you lucky man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Quirk_Douglas

You're in luck my friend.

I know someone living on the Bloodmill Road who's into all these things. His name's Frank and he's single. PM me for his digits you lucky man.

I reiterate, vehemently, WOMEN. Enough with the jokes now or a mod will lock the thread, I don't want this thread locked until I get a few ideas about where to pick up cultivated birds.

I reiterate, vehemently, WOMEN. Enough with the jokes now or a mod will lock the thread, I don't want this thread locked until I get a few ideas about where to pick up cultivated birds.

Oh women...sorry I didn't see that part of your post.

It will be locked soon though. Why not try a dating site Quirk?

Oh women...sorry I didn't see that part of your post.

It will be locked soon though. Why not try a dating site Quirk?

The cultivated birds I'm looking to pick up wouldn't visit a dating site in a millions years.

I don't believe in dating sites anyway (Quirk Douglas wouldn't visit a dating site even if you paid him), I'm just looking for ideas of where to meet these types of ladies in Limerick, if these types of ladies exist.

I'm sure these types of ladies exist, since I exist, meaning it can't be that unlikely that a female equivalent also exists. If a cultivated bird was here right now, she'd enquire, in a Sartre inspired manner, 'Yes, but do any of us truly exist?' :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

no such thing as a cultivated "bird", and to refer to any girl as a "bird", betrays any implied sense of culture or intellectualism on your part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Just what I was thinking , all that and then he uses the term "cultivated bird" ................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭du Maurier

xsiborg wrote: »
    no such thing as a cultivated "bird", and to refer to any girl as a "bird", betrays any implied sense of culture or intellectualism on your part.

Well said. Him writing in the third person also gives this point more validity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

You may be in luck. Head out the Ennis road until you come to Shannon airport and get on a plane to London!

I'm pretty sure that was intentional.

You people don't understand anything, do you? There's always some humourless dullard on these boards who wades in with his frightfully bourgeois way of thinking. I used to frequent these boards, but left, because I became disenchanted with people like you who don't understand anything.

I used the term 'cultivated bird' in juxtaposition with what could be considered a somewhat pretentious opening post, to give the proceedings an air of ridiculousness and to lower the tone substantially. This was done purposely. Do you understand that? Do you understand anything?

I'd hate to meet you in person, you must be a barrel of laughs. Now, when I said you must be a barrel of laughs, that was sarcasm, and I'm not actually calling you a 'barrel', I realise you're a human being, not a barrel. Are we clear? I'm not always speaking literally. Do you understand anything which isn't plainly obvious? Do you understand anything which is plainly obvious? Do you understand anything?

And yet, still nobody tells me where to pick up cultivated females :rolleyes:.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Fin.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement