the radio stations - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-12-2011, 14:50   #1
little big planet 2
Banned

the radio stations

i wonder what radio stations will be in the new gta i hope they have same kind of stations and music from SA and IV like dance music, country and western and the other funny talk shows
Advertisement
19-12-2011, 10:56   #2
Mr Benevolent
Closed Account

I drive around for hours just listening to the talkshows. Brilliant stuff, especially Lazlo.
19-12-2011, 14:47   #3
Fear Uladh
Closed Account

The wild traveler in SA was very funny.
01-02-2012, 18:21   #4
jamrole
Banned

lazlo is one of the funniest characters in the game
01-02-2012, 18:32   #5
gnfnrhead

Lazlo has to be in it again. I think he's been in them all in some way since GTA III.

Once they have a good rock station to go to when the talk show repeats itself, I'll be happy.
Advertisement
11-02-2012, 15:11   #6
Mike Litoris

I'd love to see Fernando Martinez and Emotion 98.3 come back!
01-03-2012, 15:46   #7
Choudary
Banned

I hope they will include some Hindi or Bollywood music station, perhaps featurings some of the most popular hits such as 'Chikni Chameli' by Shreya Goshel, or maybe even ' I'll Do The Talking Tonight' by Agent Vinod & Neeraj Shridhar.

What do you guys think?

Regards

Choudary Chintapalli
Thanks from:
01-03-2012, 15:50   #8
gnfnrhead

I'm playing GTA III now, and fcuk the radio was crap! Chatterbox was the only good station and that was on a loop meaning I've heard every segment at least 30 times already. I'm hoping for something like SA from here on out.
05-03-2012, 02:31   #9
TanG411
Closed Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnfnrhead View Post
I'm playing GTA III now, and fcuk the radio was crap! Chatterbox was the only good station and that was on a loop meaning I've heard every segment at least 30 times already. I'm hoping for something like SA from here on out.
Flashback FM is great. It's basically the Scarface soundtrack. I liked Double Cleff FM as well.

Chatterbox is still the legendary show though.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
08-03-2012, 02:30   #10
Viral Vector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choudary View Post
I hope they will include some Hindi or Bollywood music station, perhaps featurings some of the most popular hits such as 'Chikni Chameli' by Shreya Goshel, or maybe even ' I'll Do The Talking Tonight' by Agent Vinod & Neeraj Shridhar.

What do you guys think?

Regards

Choudary Chintapalli
No thanks!

It wouldn't suit the West Coast feeling!

Hopefully K-DST will return with some great classic rock to accompany Ogden's Gone Nut Flakes!

Thanks from:
05-04-2012, 00:18   #11
gnfnrhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4DDY2K11 View Post
San andreas just has it all imo.
Area 51, tanks, trains, helicopters, planes, bikes.
The story line was top notch and if you're a hip hop fan like me then there is no better soundtrack. 10 times better than any other gta soundtrack.

I just hope this gta can pull it off.
That was ironically one of the only problems I had with SA. About 15 stations and easily 10 of them were hip hop or something similar. As a result, I only listened to Radio X and the talk station (WCTR?), occasionally K-Rose but that was only in the hope of Freebird being on when I was flying around the countryside in a sports car

Vice City had a far better selection of music imo.

Always turn the radio off in IV when I'm doing a mission or something as it's too hard to focus on the road and hear the phone conversation/whatever the passenger is saying with the radio on aswell. One or the other is fine, but trying to tune one out and listen to the other is annoying. Once I'm done with the missions I'll listen to it properly as I can just ignore the requests to go bowling/drinking/pool/darts/show/strip club/join my book club etc. Integrity looks like being my first stop.
05-04-2012, 01:22   #12
P4DDY2K11

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnfnrhead View Post
That was ironically one of the only problems I had with SA. About 15 stations and easily 10 of them were hip hop or something similar. As a result, I only listened to Radio X and the talk station (WCTR?), occasionally K-Rose but that was only in the hope of Freebird being on when I was flying around the countryside in a sports car

Vice City had a far better selection of music imo.

Always turn the radio off in IV when I'm doing a mission or something as it's too hard to focus on the road and hear the phone conversation/whatever the passenger is saying with the radio on aswell. One or the other is fine, but trying to tune one out and listen to the other is annoying. Once I'm done with the missions I'll listen to it properly as I can just ignore the requests to go bowling/drinking/pool/darts/show/strip club/join my book club etc. Integrity looks like being my first stop.
There was only 2 hip hop stations, radio los santos which played gangsta rap like dre, snoop, cube, pac. then there was playback fm which had big daddy kane and rakim and kool G rap and the likes.

And free bird was on K-DST that was an absolutely class radio station. So was Radio X.
K-ROSE was muck.
(2) thanks from:
05-04-2012, 02:45   #13
gnfnrhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4DDY2K11 View Post
There was only 2 hip hop stations, radio los santos which played gangsta rap like dre, snoop, cube, pac. then there was playback fm which had big daddy kane and rakim and kool G rap and the likes.

And free bird was on K-DST that was an absolutely class radio station. So was Radio X.
K-ROSE was muck.
Or something similar Most of them sounded the same to me (ie crap ) which was why I always had to quickly cycle through them to Radio X, WCTR or off until I was safe. Annoying as hell for me.

Knew it started with a K!
06-04-2012, 09:36   #14
Mensch Maschine

Not as far as I'm aware.

San Andreas has a great soundtrack alright. K-Rose was brilliant, K-DST the old skool and new skool Hip Hop stations also nobody like the Bounce FM?!?

It's the only GTA I got 100% in. Brilliant. So rewarding.

@the_syco: Where you listening to metal playing S.A and VC? Man, the guys at Rockstar research the soundtrack really well. It's one 5th of the game, I'd say. The soundtrack is one of the most important things about it. They don't just pick what they can find. That's insane.

SA, driving around in the countryside, it starts pissing rain and then I Love a Rainy Night comes on. Brilliant for the time.

I play GTA as much as Rockstar intend you to play the game.

Last edited by Mensch Maschine; 06-04-2012 at 09:41.
06-04-2012, 10:34   #15
the_syco
Syco Kitteh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch Maschine View Post
@the_syco: Where you listening to metal playing S.A and VC?
Yup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mensch Maschine View Post
SA, driving around in the countryside, it starts pissing rain and then I Love a Rainy Night comes on. Brilliant for the time.

I play GTA as much as Rockstar intend you to play the game.
I hate the bullsh|t on the radio.

=-=

I play GTA to kill people, not to listen to their music. I think SA had a nice metal channel which I listened to, but I liked my own tunes better.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion