Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Hatufim" the Original "Homeland"

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,770 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

and only 1 season, double plus good

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Anyone seen this, a couple of episodes have been shown so far?

There doesn't seem to be a Claire Danes character :((yet) and there are two live POWs out of three who were captured 17 years earlier. I've not seen enough to make my mind up about it yet.

i really want to know how this ends. somebody spoil it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

I've watched the first two episodes and I've been really impressed. While there are some plot elements which are obviously central to this and Homeland, there is enough variation between the two to keep viewers hooked. While I can't say yet if I prefer Hatufim to Homeland, my instincts are that this is the more accomplished show. I wasn't a big fan of Carrie in Homeland and I like what they're doing with the 'Carrie' figure here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Is it particularly violent ? I'm just wondering how it compares to Homeland in that regard before I commit! Any nod in the right direction appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

I would say that the flashback scenes to when the soldiers are being held is pretty similar violence wise to Homeland

If you want to know how it ends - go on Wikipedia - they have a major spoiler in the first paragraph or two ......

Sheela wrote: »
    I would say that the flashback scenes to when the soldiers are being held is pretty similar violence wise to Homeland

If you want to know how it ends - go on Wikipedia - they have a major spoiler in the first paragraph or two ......

about the third person who cares about them?
    i was hoping that he actually went through with the bomb

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Sheela

The last line of the plot summary tells you what happens in the last episode

Sheela wrote: »
    The last line of the plot summary tells you what happens in the last episode

*bangs head on desk*
    so theres no attempt at terrorism when they return home?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,984 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The final episode seemed to drag out on trivia before going out like a damp squib at the end. All I could think about the big reveal was "so what?".

Even all of the various storylines seemed to end in mid-flight with no conclusion in my opinion. Perhaps a second series was on the cards and never got started?
    It might be a huge shock to a Jewish viewer seeing one of their own converted to Islam, but not to me for one, and I get the impression that the programme makers chickened out of having him being involved in terrorism, because they feared the series might have gone further than the Israeli viewers would have been able to stomach.

• Advertisement

well even if one of the returnees having been kidnapped changed his political (religious) views...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

The first 4 or even 5 episodes were decent, and promised alot more. But it never delivered, the last 4 or 5 were beyond dreadful. Was forwarding through the last few episodes, awful stuff.

I really loved this series. It was definitely a slow-burner but whatever it lacked in drama (compared to Homeland) it more than made up for it with some brilliant storytelling and some superb performances. I thought Nimrode and Uri were great characters. Their fragility at times was something to behold.
    The flashback scenes, while fairly brutal, worked really well, in particular how Nimrode was forced to beat his friend and fellow captive apparently to death. Uri's compassion after for Nimrode was beautifully done

It must be remembered that this series was done on a fraction of the budget that Homeland got and I don't think they should be compared too much.

As for season 2, it's in the editing stages. I can't wait for it.

http://www.thejc.com/arts/arts-interviews/64474/interview-gideon-raff

With Homeland back on our screens, I thought it might be a good time to bump this.

Season 2 of Hatufim starts next weekend in Israel so hopefully it won't be too long before it's back on our screens. For Homeland fans who haven't seen it I would really recommend it. Slower-paced and not as immediate as its American cousin, it's just as good a show in my opinion....maybe even better. And we wouldn't have Homeland without it!

Advertisement