Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can RTE ever get it right Broadcasting?

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Dudess wrote: »
    I think there's a few good Irish factual programmes shown on RTE, however they're often not RTE productions but made by external companies that use RTE facilities.
    Current affairs programmes are generally decent on RTE IMO.
    But yeah the pool of talent is extremely limited - giving Pat Kenny a light entertainment gig, ffs... :rolleyes: The man has a sheer terror of not being in control - doing The Toy Show, Jesus Christ he was fit to throttle the kids (although he's a very good broadcast journalist).
    Salaries of the big names are completely unjustified too.

Mmmmmmm...your modding record ..would indicate that control is an area that you are not unfamiliar with.

Just sayin....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

''Rip it up and start again.''

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

But its sport coverage is second to none. Some Saturdays and Sundays you could turn on the box and have sport on both channels all during the day. Fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Its spreading now to radio mooney talking over the joe duffy show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Think that's a touch hysterical Chuck.

HYSTERICAL? :mad::mad::mad:

That's it. I'm calling my lawyers and the police and the Mafia for this scurrilousness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭Dr Expired

Aidric wrote: »
    Oi. Leave Mary out of this. She is a great broadcaster and raging milf.
    How could anyone not like Mary, she's as sound as they come, daft as a brush but sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Does anyone still watch the telly at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

But its sport coverage is second to none. Some Saturdays and Sundays you could turn on the box and have sport on both channels all during the day. Fantastic.

And if your not an avid sports fan? Saturday is a sucky day for TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭rgmmg

My Dad was watching the RTE news during the Afghan/USSR war in 1979. On the 6 o'clock news, there was a map of Afghanistan on the wall behind the newsreader. Kabul the only city highlighted and clearly marked in south west of the country. By the time the late night news was broadcast, Kabul had upped sticks and relocated to the east of the country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

why can't they fix george hooks microphone?,i know deep down he has a deep sultry voice.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

T.V. is a faddish ephemeral thing .You use it and then discard it .There's nothing timeless in it ....like the empty bottles and glasses from last night's party .Dim memories to embarrass later on .That's all Folks !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Well great to hear RTE is axing Four live & the daily show just knew it was a matter of time such bad hosts of live TV.

Advertisement