The Black Keys - 22nd August 2012 - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
14-02-2012, 10:47   #16
MidnightQueen
Registered User
 
MidnightQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Cork/Tipperary.
Posts: 2,385
I had an o2 sim but they recycled it last summer. I hadnt used it for two years. LOL
MidnightQueen is offline  
Advertisement
14-02-2012, 21:40   #17
mutley18
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 553
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdMMM View Post
It's RAG Week in college this week and funds are in horrifically short supply . Would standing tickets likely sell out on the morning would anyone think?

I just bought mine this second from the presale, as that hasn't sold out yet I can't see a great demand for them come Thursday morning!
mutley18 is offline  
15-02-2012, 09:12   #18
bobbygirl
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 141
Quote:
Originally Posted by schemingbohemia View Post
Only €39?? If your attitude is prevalent then they won't have trouble selling it out, but I would have my doubts, way too big a venue for them and too high a ticket price. Presume that's twice the price of the tripod gig or as near as.
yeah I do think its too big a venue for them and doubt they will sell it out but they are pretty huge now compared to 5 years ago (headlining Coachella I think) and I didnt pay much less for a ticket then. Would much prefer if they played Olympia or somewhere like that.
bobbygirl is offline  
17-02-2012, 17:43   #19
dryndantheman
Registered User
 
dryndantheman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowOdour View Post
Heard this morning that the Black Keys will be playing the O2 Dublin on the 22nd August.

Will be great to see them live having missed their Tripod gig in '10, but why do I get the feeling that because it is in the 02, it will be full of 14 year olds singing away to lonely boy and talking their way through everything else they dont know. Seems like a huge venue for them to fill based on the back of one fantastic song (which a majority of people are going to know them by).

I'll be there regardless!!
Old reply but,

Myself and a friend are going (We both thankfully know them from other songs, my own and my favorite song of theirs being Keep me)
But sadly you're probably be right, it more then likely will be filled by annoying children (16 myself but not a douche) if it is even sold out.
dryndantheman is offline  
21-02-2012, 00:50   #20
guerito
Registered User
 
guerito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbygirl View Post
yeah I do think its too big a venue for them and doubt they will sell it out but they are pretty huge now compared to 5 years ago (headlining Coachella I think) and I didnt pay much less for a ticket then. Would much prefer if they played Olympia or somewhere like that.
+1. I absolutely love the Black Keys, andI saw them in the Alexandra Palace in London the week before last. Except for the songs off El Camino and one or two others, the venue, a great big f*ck off ballroom which is a bit smaller than the O2, was too big for their sound. There was no production to speak of (as you'd expect), but tunes like Money Maker and 10 Cent Pistol suffered because of it. The Olympia would be a great venue, and I would sell my granny to see them play I Got Mine in the Academy

Also, most of the crowd didn't know their older stuff. There was so much "song's over" applause during breaks in songs that they paused for what seemed like a minute during 10 Cent Pistol, presumably for the craic.
guerito is offline  
Advertisement
21-02-2012, 01:23   #21
dryndantheman
Registered User
 
dryndantheman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerito View Post
+1. I absolutely love the Black Keys, andI saw them in the Alexandra Palace in London the week before last. Except for the songs off El Camino and one or two others, the venue, a great big f*ck off ballroom which is a bit smaller than the O2, was too big for their sound. There was no production to speak of (as you'd expect), but tunes like Money Maker and 10 Cent Pistol suffered because of it. The Olympia would be a great venue, and I would sell my granny to see them play I Got Mine in the Academy

Also, most of the crowd didn't know their older stuff. There was so much "song's over" applause during breaks in songs that they paused for what seemed like a minute during 10 Cent Pistol, presumably for the craic.
I've only ever seen 'keep me' played live once on youtube, when you went did they play it by any chance? It is my goal in life to see it preformed live at the mo'
dryndantheman is offline  
23-02-2012, 10:51   #22
guerito
Registered User
 
guerito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryndantheman View Post
I've only ever seen 'keep me' played live once on youtube, when you went did they play it by any chance? It is my goal in life to see it preformed live at the mo'
No, they didn't play Keep Me. They did finish up with I Got Mine though. I left the gig a very happy man

Set list is in the link below. It's for the night after I saw them, but it's the same:
http://www.petehatesmusic.com/2012/0...ondon-england/
guerito is offline  
Thanks from:
23-02-2012, 12:18   #23
me-skywalker
Registered User
 
me-skywalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Dublin
Posts: 3,275
As long as they keep slagging off Nickelback they'll get new fans!

As long as they keep slagging off Nickelback they'll alienate some fans.

Ill try get a ticket for this based on my plans for August, so I know its a negative thing really; but I hope it doesn't sell out too quickly.
me-skywalker is offline  
23-02-2012, 20:18   #24
Morrison J
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Laois
Posts: 189
Any guesses for when people think the standing area will sell out for this? Need to save up badly.
Morrison J is offline  
Advertisement
23-02-2012, 20:44   #25
INeedMusic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England!
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerito View Post
No, they didn't play Keep Me. They did finish up with I Got Mine though. I left the gig a very happy man

Set list is in the link below. It's for the night after I saw them, but it's the same:
http://www.petehatesmusic.com/2012/0...ondon-england/
Thanks for the set list, was wondering what the one song from Twilight was. That's a pretty solid review, too.

"Perhaps one surprise to the setlist was Chop and Change, a song from the Eclipse soundtrack, from those god awful Twilight movies. The crowd seemed a little lost during this one, unsure if it was a cover song, or an obscure older track. It’s good to know that the Twilight and Black Keys fan bases are mutually exclusive."

Hilarious.
INeedMusic is offline  
23-02-2012, 21:26   #26
dryndantheman
Registered User
 
dryndantheman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 855
Quote:
Originally Posted by guerito View Post
No, they didn't play Keep Me. They did finish up with I Got Mine though. I left the gig a very happy man

Set list is in the link below. It's for the night after I saw them, but it's the same:
http://www.petehatesmusic.com/2012/0...ondon-england/
Well....gold on the ceiling would do too hehe...
dryndantheman is offline  
01-03-2012, 12:05   #27
mark182
Registered User
 
mark182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Dublin
Posts: 184
I slightly changed an old concert poster of theirs to make it relevant to Irish show

mark182 is offline  
(3) thanks from:
26-04-2012, 22:48   #28
Neo#
Registered User
 
Neo#'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 627
Have people got their tickets for this yet? Cause i cant remember if I got mine by post yet!
Neo# is offline  
26-04-2012, 22:56   #29
dryndantheman
Registered User
 
dryndantheman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 855
I haven't gotten mine yet, neither have several of my friends.
dryndantheman is offline  
Thanks from:
26-04-2012, 22:57   #30
Neo#
Registered User
 
Neo#'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 627
Thanks. I must not have gotten it yet! Ive bought so many tickets recently i cant keep track. Nice one!
Neo# is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet