Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

08-02-2012, 17:03   #1
Fluorescence
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Scandanavian DVD store?

Hey all,

I'm trying to track down some Swedish movies online at the moment but it's proving a bit difficult. In particular I want to get some Disney movies in Swedish (I know they exist because I've seen the clips of major songs on youtube ) but even searching for their Swedish titles (eg Lejonkungen for The Lion King) on ebay.se etc doesn't really yield anything besides the English originals .

So I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for an online DVD store (equivalent of HMV or CDWow.ie)? I've used bokus.com before for books and it's brilliant, but they're just for books.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Advertisement
08-02-2012, 18:44   #2
Fluorescence
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

After much searching I found The Lion King here. Can anyone attest to the reliability of the site?
09-02-2012, 12:23   #3
Lady Chuckles

That is a reliable site. CDON is really big
I buy all my dvds from there.
09-02-2012, 12:25   #4
jaykay74

The site below is the swedish equivalent to pricerunner.co.uk if you have used that. Its a price comparison website. If you type in say "Lejonkungen" it will give you alternative sites to purchase that movie. I guess not all the suppliers will ship abroad but it might help you source a few movies anyway

cdon is a big supplier. No problem with it being dodgy.

http://www.prisjakt.nu/
09-02-2012, 12:33   #5
Fluorescence
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Thanks everyone. I ended up buying it from discshop as cdon.se needed a personnummer and the .eu version didn't have what I wanted

I must bookmark Prisjakt for next time!
Advertisement
18-02-2012, 21:16   #6
Aard

DVDs will often have the film in different languages. You can check on the back of the box. (There will be a 'subtitles' list of languages, and a dubbed list too, so be careful which one you're reading!) I picked up Aladdin not long ago in Tesco that had the whole film dubbed in Danish among other languages.
(2) thanks from:
19-02-2012, 13:04   #7
Fluorescence
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aard View Post
DVDs will often have the film in different languages. You can check on the back of the box. (There will be a 'subtitles' list of languages, and a dubbed list too, so be careful which one you're reading!) I picked up Aladdin not long ago in Tesco that had the whole film dubbed in Danish among other languages.
A lot of DVDs sold here tend to have all sorts of other languages but I've never seen one in Swedish . I've seen Zulu and Hindi even! Quite often there'll be subtitles in Swedish but that's about as good as I've ever found.
20-02-2012, 15:45   #8
Sabre Man

Generally, only movies for children are dubbed for the Scandinavian languages, so if you want spoken Swedish you need to look for movies produced by Swedes, like Bergman.
Thanks from:
20-02-2012, 15:52   #9
Fluorescence
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre Man View Post
Generally, only movies for children are dubbed for the Scandinavian languages, so if you want spoken Swedish you need to look for movies produced by Swedes, like Bergman.
Yeah, but at the moment Disney movies are perfect for my level . I do have the Millennium trilogy though, really excellent movies! I want to read the books now
Thanks from:
Advertisement
22-02-2012, 22:57   #10
wonton
Closed Account

you should defo check your local library, mine has a good few swedish movies, and would also be a great place to look for kids movies that are dubbed in swedish.
Thanks from:
22-02-2012, 23:01   #11
Fluorescence
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

Wow great tip! I never even considered that. Thanks
28-02-2012, 14:50   #12
Tabnabs
nine meals from anarchy

For anyone with access to Netflix (and even more so the American Netflix), there are a number of Scandinavian titles in there.

Trolljegeren FTW!
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion