Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Pubs Ennis

Options
  • 27-02-2012 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi ,
    Can anyone recommend some good pubs for Ennis, good crowd of lads heading there Saturday, need some suggestions.
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

What are ye interested in? Are ye going to be going during the day or just for the evening? Are ye looking to just going to 1 spot and staying there or moving around? Are ye on a stag or something?

Without knowing more, I would work my way from 1 end of town to the next, start off in The Railway Bar (Fawl's next to the Cathedral), that'll be a good meeting up spot, if some of ye are hungry head across to The Poets Corner (Old Ground Hotel).

From there go left at Dunnes and go into Moroneys and Paddy Quinn's for 1. From Paddy Quinn's go out the back door and in the back door of the Diamond. Head out the back again, up the right laneway and into O'Halloran's for 1. Then head right and into Dan O'Connell's (The Brewery), down to Knox's.

From there, if any of ye are standing, head down towards the Queen's, from here you'll have the choice of a number of very good late bars, YOLO's, Cruises, The Front Bar or Ciaran's, either that or ye can head into the Queen's nightclub.

If you don't want to do that much of a crawl, you could always stay around the Market area for most the same as the above except go to Patrick's and down to Lucas', Charlie Stewarts and Baron McQ's.

If ye are looking to staying in 1 bar from most of the day I couldn't recommend Mickie Kerin's bar by the Courthouse highly enough. There are also a number of other great bars missing from the list Brandon's, Brogan's, O'Dea's, The Halfway, Gleeson's to name just a few. In fact I would say it's nearly easier to name bars not to go into for a good time rather than name good bars.

Mod Note:Please do not speak badly of any bars, we all have our own opinions on places to spend our time/money but they are all trying to make a living out of their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭fowlerDgrowler

Hi,

Sorry to derail thread but just wondering is there any bit of craic in Ennis midweek? student nights out etc? Thinking of going to Galway a wednesday and thursday and thinking of having a night in Ennis

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

It has been a while since I've been out on a "school night", but as there isn't a college in Ennis you don't get many student nights out. Saying that, I was out last Wednesday and Thursday night and there was a good crowd in Lucas', Diamond and Knox's both nights.

Generally if you walk around the town you'll find a pub with a bit of craic in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

We don't have any colleges in Ennis so there's a distinct lack of young people out during the middle of the week. Cruises or Knoxes can get in a pretty decent crowd some of the time but it's hard to say for certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭masalbeagdubh

Is Knoxs still the best place to watch soccer on Saturdays or are there other pubs showing as many matches now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 myrns

Charlie Stewarts on bottom of Parnell Street, O'Halloran's (red pub off the Square or "Height") and Knoxes have large flat screens for matches but Knoxes still the best for a bit of a crowd :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Pockets........................about 10 years ago. :p

Advertisement