Hit and Run - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

28-02-2012, 11:32   #16
mr.hider

@pcardin: nah, she was just driving off.
Advertisement
28-02-2012, 11:44   #17
pcardin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.hider View Post
@pcardin: nah, she was just driving off.
lol. good for her.
28-02-2012, 11:49   #18
djimi

If you wish to persue this then you need to at least inform your insurance company of the incident so that they can have a record of it.

Personally I would inform the Gardai and my insurance company and let them deal with; its what I pay them a stupid amount of money for after all!
28-02-2012, 12:55   #19
Limbo123

Why are you not prepared to press charges if she comes forward?
Would you still stand by this if someone had been injured in your car?

She left the scene of an accident and obviously failed to report it - both offences in the eyes of the law. I hope the Garda do decide to prosecute off their own backs.

If she is responsible enough to be driving a car, then she is responsible enough to be accountable for her own actions. No excuses can justify her behaviour (panicking/no insurance/over the limit etc etc)

Hit and runs are a reason why car insurance is so sky high.

Also, if you have reported this incident to your insurance company and you decide not to persue the insurance claim at a later date be aware that the fact that you have contacted your insurance company can be classed as a claim which may affect any NCB or your next years premium.

Good luck whatever the outcome.....
Thanks from:
28-02-2012, 13:05   #20
mr.hider

@Limbo123: I am not going to press charges if the lady will take responsibility for her actions. If she decides to keep quiet, then I will prosecute her to the full extent of the law.
Luckily neither me or my wife got injured, but we were in bit of shock.

Cheers.
Advertisement
28-02-2012, 13:13   #21
jacko

hi mr.hider,

I hope that you have informed the insurance company regardless whether you are going to make a claim or not. they should have a record of the event in case yer wan decides to deny the incident.

anyway best of luck with it
28-02-2012, 13:16   #22
aujopimur

Only the the Guardai can prosecute/press charges not you, you can only persue the civil claim
28-02-2012, 13:23   #23
LIGHTNING

I personally wouldnt give them that chance, the person knew what they were doing and even saw you. They had a chance to get out and sort it out, I would go through the full processes.
28-02-2012, 13:31   #24
mr.hider

@LIGHTNING: I have reported it to the Garda straight after the accident. So it is full process, unless lady in question makes an effort to rectify the problem.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
28-02-2012, 13:31   #25
mr.hider

@LIGHTNING: I have reported it to the Garda straight after the accident. So it is full process, unless lady in question makes an effort to rectify the problem.
28-02-2012, 13:41   #26
lau1247

it's a good thing you didn't get caught up in the moment and try to jump in front of her car trying to restrict her from moving.. she might not stop at all

hope she get caught..
28-02-2012, 13:58   #27
rolion

Quote:
@Limbo123: I am not going to press charges if the lady will take responsibility for her actions. If she decides to keep quiet, then I will prosecute her to the full extent of the law.
Luckily neither me or my wife got injured, but we were in bit of shock.

Cheers.
Sorry for your troubles but...why you make this incident public without making public the name or car reg plate !?

Do you expect that the driver to read this post and contact you !?

sorry,don't get it...
28-02-2012, 14:04   #28
djimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limbo123 View Post
Also, if you have reported this incident to your insurance company and you decide not to persue the insurance claim at a later date be aware that the fact that you have contacted your insurance company can be classed as a claim which may affect any NCB or your next years premium.
I dont think is true to be honest, or at least I dont think its a common occurance. I have reported two seperate incidents I have had to my insurance companies in recent years (two different insurers) and neither went on to be a claim as I settled with the people involved myself, and neither incident in any way affected my premium or NCB. If you do with to proceed claiming from your own insurer or the other parties then your insurance company must be notified fairly shortly after the incident so that they have a record of the incident.

If anyone has experience to prove otherwise then Im happy to be proven wrong (or not happy, in this case!)
28-02-2012, 14:08   #29
mr.hider

@rolion: I could expose the car registration number, but what good would it do. I recon the world is small enough for some one who knows the lady might let her know that I am reasonable. It is just the way I am, I don't like to beat the person without giving her the chance to explain herself.
28-02-2012, 14:16   #30
coolbeans

Quote:
@rolion: I could expose the car registration number, but what good would it do. I recon the world is small enough for some one who knows the lady might let her know that I am reasonable. It is just the way I am, I don't like to beat the person without giving her the chance to explain herself.

She had ample chance to explain herself at the scene. Instead she opted to bugget off. Shock me arse. You're being very naive and by not reporting the uncident in a timely fashion you are complicating things quite possibly to your disadvantage.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion