Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postcode for the Ireland?

Options
  • 18-02-2012 12:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Im trying to link a acquaintance of mines account (we support the same English football team) so I can use his card when I want to take a mate to a match across the water.

Problem is it keeps asking for a postcode when I try to do this even thou it never did when we both setup our accounts.

I have tried using EIRE 0000 as well as the Belfast sorting office code BT11AA but all to no avail.

Can anyone help with this?It would be much appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

Sorry thread title should just read ''postcode for Ireland'' :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Try "Dublin 11" or simply "11"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭am i bovvered

Try 6 x 0

Thanks guys but no luck with any of your suggestions either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭homingbird

Hi i think the postcode for Limerick is LK29.

• Advertisement

Still no joy.Tried LK29 and all of the D1,D4,D6 etc s well.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭thisNthat

Try 12345

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭JADMIX

use the same postcode as your friend, maybe it is looking for a genuine UK postcode, i have always used RN0000 when i needed one for Ireland and it worked everytime however the uk ones are different use the clubs own one see if that works

• Registered Users Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Its looking for whatever comes up on his membership card address. I know on mine for Liverpool it ended up as something stupid like IRELAN.

Get your mate to ring them up and ask what the postcode is. It'll only work if its exact.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Xzen

About a year back a courier mentioned loc8 codes to me. Best thing ever, I rarely have to give directions any more :-).

You can get your code from myloc8ion.com.

They may be the standard for the the future proposed post codes in Ireland...if that ever happens.

If the website your using isn't accepting postcodes for Ireland it probably will only accept codes from the UK database. In which case you have to use a UK address - the address has to correlate with the post code.

You could use a hotel address, just google a hotel in the UK and use that address and post code :-).

(sorry for spelling-Swyping from phone)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭pcasso

You could try ringing the club and asking them what is the post code listed for the card holder. I did this and discovered that the postcode on my account was a single full stop
    Alternatively you could get your mate to log in to his account and change his details to include a post code.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 shayca

I have been doing this for years .. there are a few different ones that work
    Full stop . sometimes works (not the word)
    nil
    try these and let me know if they work for you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Try

N/A or None

always works for me

Advertisement