Best combination for accuracy and range? - Page 2 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

20-02-2012, 00:55   #16
dryndantheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MINDER View Post
Google who?-300ft on 1 joule?-that would be something! As a matter of interest who did the other 'study'(Illustrations) you refer to? And at what fps/bb weight -I'm only wondering because at no point in the illustrations is the bb trajectory straight(even on exiting the barrell)
It is just making it easier to see that a spherical item going down a barrel will bounce. It obviously isn't that dramatic, it's just for illustration.
The first one was just to show how a ball bearing travels down a barrel.
While the other was showing how it bounces (And how the increments increase).

And search "LRB airsoft barrel"

And I was wrong, you can supposedly get 300ft with a gun shooting 350fps/.2g
However there are some hop-up units you can make that give the 300ft with a fairly straight trajectory.
E.G. the R-hop or the G-hop. In the summer, I'll be making a G-hop or two and might have a go with an R-hop in another gun (Maybe my sniper rifle)

Here is a G-hop - around 280ft shots on .79 of a joule (Makes the hassle of an LRB pointless and this is more accurate)

Or you can a buy ready-made R-hops online, they won't be as good as the G-hops you can make (My opinion).
https://sites.google.com/site/hsarmory/

Or for G36's (Won't work for any of my other guns for some reason) you can simply shave off the nub on conventional rubbers. and it'll add a little more range due to more uniform spread, flat hops are best though.

I am amazed at how un-informed we are in comparison to our American counter-parts. I wish we had easier access to compressed air up here, then I'd make a 50rps Polarstar engine powered BB gun which can be bumped to 500 fps when playing in England.

The only problem with all of this is that the shots will land like a butterfly, you most definitely won't feel them.

To OP, I would recommend Ultimate barrels but I wouldn't Guarder

Last edited by dryndantheman; 20-02-2012 at 01:00.
Thanks from:
Advertisement
20-02-2012, 01:22   #17
THE MINDER

Heads up on your research-I dont know why the link is in chinese as HS ARMOURY is as you say US based. Even hunter seeker will agree that all his R hops and the like are still in test phase and need to be matched properly to each AEG(He would also agree with the 450mm barrell idea) -I'm a'm aware of all that stuff-(like you refered to shaving the nub of a guarder(EITHER WHICH WAY YOU WILL NEED A fLATTER NUB CUSHION)-not sure hunter seeker would'nt recommend a different bucking for that process!)No intention to disagree with your opinions but for the original OP question there is no point in going there Let me know how you get on with your R Hops BTW.
20-02-2012, 02:32   #18
dryndantheman

Quote:
Heads up on your research-I dont know why the link is in chinese as HS ARMOURY is as you say US based. Even hunter seeker will agree that all his R hops and the like are still in test phase and need to be matched properly to each AEG(He would also agree with the 450mm barrell idea) -I'm a'm aware of all that stuff-(like you refered to shaving the nub of a guarder(EITHER WHICH WAY YOU WILL NEED A fLATTER NUB CUSHION)-not sure hunter seeker would'nt recommend a different bucking for that process!)No intention to disagree with your opinions but for the original OP question there is no point in going there Let me know how you get on with your R Hops BTW.
I never said a 450mm barrel was a bad thing, I said a very long barrel is a bad thing however IMO you don't need near 450mm to 'stabilize' a bb.

Also for the shaving part, I mean to file or shave off the little bump on the bucking, not the nub, my bad.

And when I said ill informed it wasn't pointed to yourself, I just meant in general.
20-02-2012, 18:36   #19
dryndantheman

Quote:
Have you seen the r-hops with the extended windows? They look like they'd be quite cool.
20-02-2012, 22:03   #20
Jimmy bo 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryndantheman View Post
Have you seen the r-hops with the extended windows? They look like they'd be quite cool.
so, would i be right in saying that the guarder barrel and rubber will not work properly in a standard 2 piece hop up unit?
Advertisement
20-02-2012, 23:26   #21
THE MINDER

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryndantheman View Post
Yes all very innovative indeed
Thanks from:
21-02-2012, 01:21   #22
dryndantheman

Quote:
Yes all very innovative indeed
I'd try it but
a) I have a crappy dremmel
b) I am crap at using dremmels anyway

hehe.
Thanks from:
21-02-2012, 19:33   #23
Mr X15

Seen this a while ago on another thread or forum maybe cant remember, but was thinking of doing something similar but instead of fitting a piece of rubber was thinking of filling the barrel with some aluminium rod or something(close as possibly to internal Diameter of barrel) and then filling the extended hop up cut out with silica gel or something like so I end up with a perfectly formed and fitted hop up bucking
21-02-2012, 20:26   #24
dryndantheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr X15 View Post
Seen this a while ago on another thread or forum maybe cant remember, but was thinking of doing something similar but instead of fitting a piece of rubber was thinking of filling the barrel with some aluminium rod or something(close as possibly to internal Diameter of barrel) and then filling the extended hop up cut out with silica gel or something like so I end up with a perfectly formed and fitted hop up bucking
Don't be afraid to try it, see how it turns out.
Advertisement
21-02-2012, 20:31   #25
dryndantheman

Quote:
Don't be afraid to try it, see how it turns out.
21-02-2012, 23:41   #26
CpcRc
Closed Account

Quote:
Someone already tried something similar. All credit goes to SOCOM, I believe that's his name here on boards. If I'm wrong, sorry.

(2) thanks from:
22-02-2012, 19:16   #27
Inari

Send a message via MSN to Inari
In my experience I have found that each gun likes its own combination. My JG M4 loved Guarder Clears, and Madbull Black Pythons...but my CYMA M4 just didn't get on with them - performance was good, but not as good as with the G&G Green Hop up and JBU Barrel.

My P90 gets on beautifully with a Deepfire tightbore that was a reject from my girlfriend's DBoys CQB.

My G&G LR300 loves Madbull Black Pythons, but not Vanaras - yet Vanaras works beautifully in the DBoys M4.

Best thing is to try out different combinations - keep the hop up rubbers soft, and buckings hard. You want a nicely finished barrel - if under 450mm I recommend going tighter (up to 6.01mm), if going longer I'd recommend 6.03/4mm.

I haven't tried any R or G hop mods...just seems like more effort than worth in my opinion
(2) thanks from:
22-02-2012, 21:05   #28
Jimmy bo 186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inari View Post
In my experience I have found that each gun likes its own combination. My JG M4 loved Guarder Clears, and Madbull Black Pythons...but my CYMA M4 just didn't get on with them - performance was good, but not as good as with the G&G Green Hop up and JBU Barrel.

My P90 gets on beautifully with a Deepfire tightbore that was a reject from my girlfriend's DBoys CQB.

My G&G LR300 loves Madbull Black Pythons, but not Vanaras - yet Vanaras works beautifully in the DBoys M4.

Best thing is to try out different combinations - keep the hop up rubbers soft, and buckings hard. You want a nicely finished barrel - if under 450mm I recommend going tighter (up to 6.01mm), if going longer I'd recommend 6.03/4mm.

I haven't tried any R or G hop mods...just seems like more effort than worth in my opinion
I see, thanks for that.
23-02-2012, 00:30   #29
dryndantheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inari View Post

With an r-hop you can get up to 50% extra range.

Also you are right on different things. My G36c loves a madbull blue with a filed nub.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion