Bristol bus driver 'used vehicle as a weapon' to ram cyclist off road. - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

18-02-2012, 01:04   #31
Pkiernan

This whole incident is a perfect example of the two laws of life:

1. The Law: Bus driver got sent down for 17 months, and proper order too.

2. The Law of the Jungle: The cyclist was clearing escalating the situation, and winding up the driver. Cyclist got what he deserved too - in this case fractured legs. Next time, he probably won't try to tangle with a 10 ton bus. FACT - Very stupid behaviour has very dire consequences.

Even though I cycle to work daily, I had a good laugh at this video.
Advertisement
18-02-2012, 01:12   #32
doozerie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkiernan View Post
2. The Law of the Jungle: The cyclist was clearing escalating the situation, and winding up the driver. Cyclist got what he deserved too - in this case fractured legs. Next time, he probably won't try to tangle with a 10 ton bus. FACT - Very stupid behaviour has very dire consequences.

Even though I cycle to work daily, I had a good laugh at this video.
FACT - your moral compass is fooked.
18-02-2012, 05:37   #33
cbl593h
Closed Account

Well that was a nice bunfight I didn't mean to start !!!

Sourlemonz has it right and beat me to the draw. Until there's registration and insurance the cycling lobby/nazis will fight this "struggle" versus the tax paying motorist. That bus has reg plates,all yer man had to was make the call to either the feds or to the bus company. But no,"we are cyclists and we are tough" applied. Someone said somewhere "have you ever seen a cyclist with a headcam who isn't angry......".
(2) thanks from:
18-02-2012, 11:17   #34
monument

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbl593h View Post
Well that was a nice bunfight I didn't mean to start !!!

Sourlemonz has it right and beat me to the draw. Until there's registration and insurance the cycling lobby/nazis will fight this "struggle" versus the tax paying motorist. That bus has reg plates,all yer man had to was make the call to either the feds or to the bus company. But no,"we are cyclists and we are tough" applied. Someone said somewhere "have you ever seen a cyclist with a headcam who isn't angry......".
Seioursly, again, with so much over the top, it's hard to tell if this is for real or a parody.... Just in case...

He had a headcam? Where does it say that? And there are plenty of cyclists who use helmet cams who are not "angry", and anyway people tend to rightly or wrongly get angry when somebody else hits them or attempts to knock them down.

He was going to call the bus company or the police over a close pass? Lol! What do you think they would have done?

Why did the apparently professional bus driver not turn off his engine and call the police?

Most important: Why are you defending somebody who used a bus to knock another person down?
18-02-2012, 15:14   #35
cocoshovel
Closed Account

I agree cyclists can be egotistical pain in the fúcking arse when driving, and when I cycle I am totally submissive to traffic etc. Not because I am afraid of them, but because I dont feel the need to try own the road when I clearly take up far less space than everyone else and dont have to hold up traffic.

Anyhow, some of the posts in the thread are outright ridiculous and alarming to say the least. You come across as a right bunch of irrational nutjobs.
Advertisement
18-02-2012, 16:50   #36
Pkiernan

Quote:
Originally Posted by doozerie View Post
FACT - I am not stupid enough to tangle with a 10 ton bus.

Obviously, the cyclists moral compass was not enough to stop him getting knocked into the gutter like a piece of rubbish.

The cyclist was 46 years old, surprised he lived that long being so stupid.

Mess with the bull - get the horns.
(2) thanks from:
18-02-2012, 17:01   #37
monument

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pkiernan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by doozerie View Post
FACT - I am not stupid enough to tangle with a 10 ton bus.

Obviously, the cyclists moral compass was not enough to stop him getting knocked into the gutter like a piece of rubbish.

The cyclist was 46 years old, surprised he lived that long being so stupid.

Mess with the bull - get the horns.
Wow! You're blaiming the victim again!
(3) thanks from:
18-02-2012, 17:23   #38
corktina

Quote:
Originally Posted by monument View Post
Wow! You're blaiming the victim again!
well he is at least aprtly to blame is he not? It's never cut and dried when two fools act like this.
Thanks from:
18-02-2012, 17:52   #39
rich.d.berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by corktina View Post
well he is at least aprtly to blame is he not? It's never cut and dried when two fools act like this.
And your evidence for this is based on?

I saw nothing in the verdict statement that apportions any blame to the cyclist. The only one going to jail is the bus driver.

I suppose your twisted logic would include a statement about a rape case and sentencing something like this:

"Well, if she hadn't worn that short skirt then there would not have been the temptation for him to rape her. She is at least partly to blame!"
Advertisement
18-02-2012, 19:52   #40
corktina

did you not see the video or what?

The cyclist was clearly attempting to stop the bus passing , reportedly as an escaltion of whatever nonsense had been going on at the lights previously.

It takes two to tango
(2) thanks from:
18-02-2012, 20:10   #41
SerialComplaint

Quote:

The cyclist was clearly attempting to stop the bus passing
How did you come to that conclusion? Where do you expect him to cycle - in the gutter?
Thanks from:
18-02-2012, 20:18   #42
Dowee

I'm genuinely disgusted by the number of people on here defending the actions of the bus driver.

It doesn't matter what the hell the cyclist did, swerving, delaying a bus by a couple of seconds etc. he did not deserve to be hit by a bus. It may not have been a wise decision to tangle with the bus but that is largely irrelevant.

If I threw a snowball at a farmer with a shotgun and he turned around and shot me, by your logic I deserved it!! Think about it folks. Yes, annoying someone with a shotgun mightn't be wise, but the punishment of being shot is possibly slightly over the top, no?

You people really need to consider some of the analogies mentioned above and look past the fact that this is a motorists V's cyclist issue in your minds.
18-02-2012, 20:22   #43
Dowee

Quote:

The cyclist was clearly attempting to stop the bus passing , reportedly as an escaltion of whatever nonsense had been going on at the lights previously.

It takes two to tango
So what if he was trying to stop him passing? Maybe I missed the class where it was explained that stopping a bus passing results in being ok to be hit by said bus.

Last I knew, tangoing didn't involve being side swiped by a bus, I guess I'm out of touch these days, I must be getting old.
Thanks from:
18-02-2012, 20:46   #44
monument

Quote:

It takes two to tango
Given that you are so blind by the cyclist/ motorist thing, try answering this one:

If a cyclist gets annoyed with a motorist and then pulls the motorist out of their car or bus or whatever and beats the living daylights out of them, would your view still be "it takes two to tango"?

How is it acceptance to attack somebody using a bus just because they annoyed you?
(2) thanks from:
18-02-2012, 21:25   #45
n97 mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by monument View Post
Given that you are so blind by the cyclist/ motorist thing, try answering this one:
Jeez everyone on this thread has problems with their eyesight, except you.

The cyclist decided to tango with a bus and came out the worse off for it. Seriously, I'd have sympathy for him if he wasn't acting the bolix, but he was.
Thanks from:

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion