Whats going on with this cinema? - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x
Post Reply  
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
24-10-2011, 20:22   #1
irishfreeview
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,056
Whats going on with this cinema?

Anyone have any news on the cinema in Roscommon?

Supposed to be opening mid November, but if you look through the windows they havent done a thing!

Been following them on Facebook, they claim to be contacting Job applicants today to say if you have or havent got a interview but I spoke to a few mates who all said they never got any call at all!

Its really starting to get silly now!
irishfreeview is offline  
Advertisement
25-10-2011, 18:13   #2
WaltKowalski
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 482
There was some sort of application at court in Roscommon Town last week, a gaming license or something.
It's still on the cards.
WaltKowalski is offline  
10-11-2011, 01:04   #3
yabadabado
Registered User
 
yabadabado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 6,207
Any update on the cinema,is it still going ahead?Anyone know when it will open?
yabadabado is offline  
18-12-2011, 20:23   #4
WaltKowalski
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 482
Anyone been? How is it??
WaltKowalski is offline  
21-12-2011, 19:28   #5
Knit wit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 237
saw Hugo there last week - paint is still drying ... but the sound and picture quality were excellent. 3D at no extra charge was a bonus ... I will go back!
Knit wit is offline  
Thanks from:
Advertisement
30-12-2011, 17:29   #6
PerrinV2
Registered User
 
PerrinV2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Limerick at the minute
Posts: 4,686
+1 for the above comment
Also another big positive I'd like to add is the sitting arrangement.Athlone would be my usual cinema and the seats aren't really that raised up there so the odd time you could get stuck behind some tall guy which can be quite annoying but here every row is stepped up so its great(much like the eye cinema in galway).
Also I didn't see any student prices(fair enough there's no college in ros)
PerrinV2 is offline  
Thanks from:
30-01-2012, 20:13   #7
Francescoli
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 251
was in it at the weekend.was impressed ,its great to have a cinema back in the town after all these years.
Francescoli is offline  
01-02-2012, 22:26   #8
evolutionqy7
Registered User
 
evolutionqy7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Unknown
Posts: 5,886
Generaly a nice cinema. Bit of a bummer theres no student discounts (21 euro for two tickets compared IMC is a big difference)

Foods nice, seats comfortable, screen quality is extremely good.

One thing i didnt like when i went to see Puss in Boots 3D that there was smell of manure in the cinema room. Dont know where was that coming from but me and my gf werent really happy with it.

Theres also way to much noise at the reception area.
evolutionqy7 is offline  
05-02-2012, 01:48   #9
cena
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 6,459
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolutionqy7 View Post
Generaly a nice cinema. Bit of a bummer theres no student discounts (21 euro for two tickets compared IMC is a big difference)

Foods nice, seats comfortable, screen quality is extremely good.

One thing i didnt like when i went to see Puss in Boots 3D that there was smell of manure in the cinema room. Dont know where was that coming from but me and my gf werent really happy with it.

Theres also way to much noise at the reception area.
I was in for a look last sat and I couldn't see any price for tickets.

It is very loud in the reception area.
cena is offline  
Advertisement
16-02-2012, 13:57   #10
lisa_celtic
Registered User
 
lisa_celtic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 621
Send a message via Skype™ to lisa_celtic
We were in twice for bowling and both times we could not use the facilities once they said it was broken and the other time the guy who knows how to turn it on wasnt around and this was on a Saturday Night!!

The cinema is good and I enjoyed the film, the staff were friendly and the place was clean.

the bowling incidents have really annoyed me though!
lisa_celtic is offline  
31-05-2012, 13:52   #11
LithiumKid1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NE galway!
Posts: 262
we went to the cinema last week, nice spot, nice staff....very friendly and efficent.

unfortunatly, the movie we went to see, was ruined by a gang of teenagers squaking at the back of the cinema, with no intent of watching it, after 10 minutes i had to get up, and go back to them and told them to 'shut the fupp up' and other words to that account, after which the did. rest of the movie was fine.

i should have probably contacted the staff at the time, but this was the quickest solution..

ill defo go again, as it is well run and managed, and the staff are really good...
LithiumKid1976 is offline  
31-05-2012, 14:01   #12
PerrinV2
Registered User
 
PerrinV2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Limerick at the minute
Posts: 4,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiumKid1976 View Post
we went to the cinema last week, nice spot, nice staff....very friendly and efficent.

unfortunatly, the movie we went to see, was ruined by a gang of teenagers squaking at the back of the cinema, with no intent of watching it, after 10 minutes i had to get up, and go back to them and told them to 'shut the fupp up' and other words to that account, after which the did. rest of the movie was fine.

i should have probably contacted the staff at the time, but this was the quickest solution..

ill defo go again, as it is well run and managed, and the staff are really good...
Fair play for going back and telling them to shut up
PerrinV2 is offline  
03-06-2012, 14:58   #13
cena
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 6,459
I was in it last night for the first time. Seats where loads of leg room. Only down side was I thought it was dear
cena is offline  
21-06-2012, 22:55   #14
risenbass
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Dublin/Roscommon
Posts: 75
I was there a few weeks ago to see The Avengers. A bit of the top of the film was being projected above the screen. It meant that for close up of peoples faces, their forehead wasn't on the screen. My sister was their the week before and said the same thing happened, she asked them about it and they said there is nothing they can do. It wasn't awful but considering it cost 3 of us over 50euro for tickets and food it was a little unprofessional
risenbass is offline  
22-06-2012, 15:04   #15
LithiumKid1976
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NE galway!
Posts: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by risenbass View Post
I was there a few weeks ago to see The Avengers. A bit of the top of the film was being projected above the screen. It meant that for close up of peoples faces, their forehead wasn't on the screen. My sister was their the week before and said the same thing happened, she asked them about it and they said there is nothing they can do. It wasn't awful but considering it cost 3 of us over 50euro for tickets and food it was a little unprofessional
ya, it was the same for me when i saw that movie there, dont think it was an issue for the next movie i saw there, MIB3, could be wrong though.
LithiumKid1976 is offline  
Post Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Remove Text Formatting
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
 
Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



Share Tweet