Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

13-02-2012, 12:19   #1
N7777G

Dongle in USA

I'm off to Florida for a week shortly and wondered what is the best option for mobile broadband access while there.

I occasionally use a Meteor dongle (30 day pass is 20 euro) and its ok here in Ireland but I guess that it won't work over there. Have looked at their website but can't find any info on using it abroad - what's new there!
Advertisement
13-02-2012, 12:20   #2
jor el
Closed Account

Moved to Midband forum.
13-02-2012, 12:21   #3
cookie1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7777G View Post
I'm off to Florida for a week shortly and wondered what is the best option for mobile broadband access while there.

I occasionally use a Meteor dongle (30 day pass is 20 euro) and its ok here in Ireland but I guess that it won't work over there. Have looked at their website but can't find any info on using it abroad - what's new there!
It wont work abroad. And even if it did it would be cost prohibitive. If your mobile is unlocked get a local sim. It should be considerably cheaper then roaming
13-02-2012, 12:39   #4
pizzahead77

You could try the abroadband.com or maxroam.com services
13-02-2012, 19:45   #5
Olly.kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by N7777G View Post

Hi I work for meteor, it is possible to roam with your dongle but it is expensive, 99c per mb. If you do want to do this tho you need to call Cust care, or pop in to your local store so they can activate roaming. Also I think you have register a credit card and top up by €60 before you can activate it. Hope this helped

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion