Galaxy Tab 7.7 P6800 - Page 3 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

06-02-2012, 23:47   #31
thomasj

Just thought id mention that one of the handy things about the 7.0 plus and 7.7 galaxy tabs is that there is inbuilt flashlights! I only learned that earlier.

To do this go into settings and under accessibility there is a flashlight option. Handy for when using the tablet in bed at night!
Advertisement
07-02-2012, 01:11   #32
Sponge Bob
Banned

Where do you buy your jeans again?
07-02-2012, 01:41   #33
thomasj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sponge Bob View Post
Ha ha! okay maybe its better off in inside jacket pocket!

Last edited by thomasj; 07-02-2012 at 01:54.
09-02-2012, 11:35   #34
manual_man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zirconia View Post
Thanks for the info manual_man, I just placed an order for one from Panamoz and put my new Galaxy Tab 10.1 up for sale on boards - I prefer the 7" form factor.
Hey chief just wondering did you get your tab yet???
09-02-2012, 15:44   #35
manual_man

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasj View Post
Quote:
Funnily enough the 7.7 slips inside my slacks (!)

So there
Advertisement
09-02-2012, 17:18   #36
thomasj

Quote:
Originally Posted by manual_man View Post
Quote:
Quote:

So there
No way! seriously?
09-02-2012, 17:19   #37
manual_man

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So there
No way! seriously?
Yup..
11-02-2012, 14:43   #38
woop

Quote:
I have to say i was delighted. I ordered Sunday Morning and received the tab Thursday at around 11am, having come all the way from Hong Kong. Ups Worldwide express was the delivery method, and only cost 12 euro. Very impressed. I mailed Panamoz twice and they replied very quickly and were very friendly. As soon as the item was shipped i got a mail off them with the Ups tracking number which i could follow on the Ups website. As they state, they incur any import duties/tax, so there wasn't any nasty surprise when the Ups guy arrived at the door. I'd have no hesitation buying off them again

The tab was in some Asian language when i did the setup, i think there may have been an option to change to English there and then, but i may have missed it. Anyway i got through the setup and then figured to go into settings and the Locale and Input Tab where the first option was to change the language. Got the 16gb wifi version as i didnt see the point paying extra for i can tether my android phone if needs be, though the 3g version was only around 80 euro extra for someone who wants that option
so it was 408 euro? plus shipping

no import tax?
11-02-2012, 15:03   #39
manual_man

Quote:
Originally Posted by woop View Post
Quote:
I have to say i was delighted. I ordered Sunday Morning and received the tab Thursday at around 11am, having come all the way from Hong Kong. Ups Worldwide express was the delivery method, and only cost 12 euro. Very impressed. I mailed Panamoz twice and they replied very quickly and were very friendly. As soon as the item was shipped i got a mail off them with the Ups tracking number which i could follow on the Ups website. As they state, they incur any import duties/tax, so there wasn't any nasty surprise when the Ups guy arrived at the door. I'd have no hesitation buying off them again

The tab was in some Asian language when i did the setup, i think there may have been an option to change to English there and then, but i may have missed it. Anyway i got through the setup and then figured to go into settings and the Locale and Input Tab where the first option was to change the language. Got the 16gb wifi version as i didnt see the point paying extra for i can tether my android phone if needs be, though the 3g version was only around 80 euro extra for someone who wants that option
so it was 408 euro? plus shipping

no import tax?
Nope. Well it was 434 for me, but exchange rates have changed a bit since then, so now it should come in around 420 inc. delivery
Thanks from:
Advertisement
12-02-2012, 23:42   #40
woop

Quote:
Nope. Well it was 434 for me, but exchange rates have changed a bit since then, so now it should come in around 420 inc. delivery
Im tempted now :O

8.9 would be the sweet spot for me though mainly due to the way it docks. Due to the massive delay in these tabs coming out Im a little worried they might be out dated soon enough.........the 7.7 with that screen/design doesnt seem to run the same risk however and at that price!

decisions decisions

Last edited by woop; 12-02-2012 at 23:47.
17-02-2012, 16:53   #41
00sully

manual_man, I just went for it there as the price on that site was very reasonable. I'm having doubts now though about my haste. Of course I head over to xda AFTER it shipped to check on the Rom update status but was instead horrified to read all of the screen problems encountered

has your's manifested any of these problems? seems to affect them all :-/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1463622
17-02-2012, 17:14   #42
manual_man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00sully View Post
manual_man, I just went for it there as the price on that site was very reasonable. I'm having doubts now though about my haste. Of course I head over to xda AFTER it shipped to check on the Rom update status but was instead horrified to read all of the screen problems encountered

has your's manifested any of these problems? seems to affect them all :-/

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1463622
I honestly can't say I've noticed any problems. The 7.7's screen is the best I've seen on any tablet. I use it for browsing, photos, videos, and apps of course. All good
17-02-2012, 18:58   #43
00sully

Quote:

I honestly can't say I've noticed any problems. The 7.7's screen is the best I've seen on any tablet. I use it for browsing, photos, videos, and apps of course. All good
Cool, well apparently manifests itself after a few weeks so keep an eye I know I will ;-)
20-02-2012, 12:55   #44
00sully

Quote:
HELLS YEAH!

edit: yes I did just receive this from Panamoz how are they selling this for €400?!

Last edited by 00sully; 20-02-2012 at 12:58. Reason: too much joy
20-02-2012, 13:45   #45
manual_man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00sully View Post
Quote:
HELLS YEAH!

edit: yes I did just receive this from Panamoz how are they selling this for €400?!
Haha. You like it so...

They have a base in Hong Kong that's where they ship all their goods from as far as i know stuff much cheaper over there

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion