Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place for laser eye surgery in Cork

Options
  • 28-12-2010 3:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭

I am looking at getting laser eye surgery done in Cork, would anyone recommend a surgeon they have gone to from experience, and how much does it cost.

What is the time frame of having the surgery to getting back to work ?

Thanks for your help/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 paulcarson

You should try Optilase in Opera Lane. My friend had it done in their cork clinic and is absolutely delighted with his results .He had the surgery on a Friday and went back to work on the Monday. He paid 2500 euro for both eyes and he got 20% tax relief so 2000 euro which isnt bad. He said the aftercare is brilliant which is very important factor. I have booked in for assesment with them myself next week so i will keep you updated if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

paulcarson wrote: »
    You should try Optilase in Opera Lane. My friend had it done in their cork clinic and is absolutely delighted with his results .He had the surgery on a Friday and went back to work on the Monday. He paid 2500 euro for both eyes and he got 20% tax relief so 2000 euro which isnt bad. He said the aftercare is brilliant which is very important factor. I have booked in for assesment with them myself next week so i will keep you updated if you want.

That would be brilliant if you could do that, I am getting sick at the moment of wearing glasses and contacts. I am short sighted, that price does not seem bad either. How much does the assesmet cost.

I know,tell me about glasses and contacts. Absolutely sick of them and always loosing my glasses.The assesment is free of charge which is handy and apparently takes one hour. Their number is 1890 301 302. I will let you know how i get on. Lets pray i am suitable. Dying to get the treatment. I will keep you updated how i get on. All the best

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

No bother u can let me know when you have it done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 j_c

Ultralase on Model Farm Road in Cork. Cant say enough good things about them!

As for a time frame. Had mine done on thursday, had an eye test where I had better than 20/20 vision on friday and was back driving on saturday. Have to be careful not to rub them at the moment but once you're careful I'd see no reason why you wouldn't be back to work 2 or 3 days later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Hi, Sorry for posting in an old thread. I wasn't sure if i should do this or make a new one. I hope I'm not breaking a rule.

I'm planning on getting lasik surgery shortly at ultralase Cork. Anyone been there lately? Had my first (free)consultation last week and I thought they came across well and I liked the place.

Got quoted 3,500 for Lasik/Ultra elite. Is that a good price?

Hi Pink,

€3,500 is alot for laser eye surgery. I paid €2,500 for the Advanced Wavefront treatment at Optilase on Opera Lane. I was thrilled with my results and still have better than 20/20 vision a year after surgery. If you need any advice let me know as i know how your feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

paulcarson wrote: »
    Hi Pink,

€3,500 is alot for laser eye surgery. I paid €2,500 for the Advanced Wavefront treatment at Optilase on Opera Lane. I was thrilled with my results and still have better than 20/20 vision a year after surgery. If you need any advice let me know as i know how your feeling.

Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it.

I actually booked an appointment with Optilase on Opera Lane for tomorrow.

Sounds like you don't regret your decision to have the surgery at all? Do you have any tips? Can you haggle the price or is it set?

This will seem silly but one of the things I feel a bit squeamish about is the clamp they put on your eyes. Does that hurt? I've seen pictures/videos of it and it didn't do much for my nerves!

i have no regrets. the only regret is waiting as long as i did to get it done. I felt no discomfort to be honest. It wasnt as bad as some dental appoitments i have been to. The surgeon Dr.Hurley really relaxed me and explained to me step by step what was happening which really helped to calm me down.

The best advice i would give you would not to think too much about it. After you have it done, you realize how easy it was. Let me know how you get on. I would recommend getting the Wavefront treatment as it it the best treatment.

Advertisement