Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eMobile Tethering

Options
  • 04-02-2012 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can you please confirm if eMobile tethering is:
    1) permitted? and
    2) inclusive as part of all your data packages and
    3) if the same conditions apply for Meteor customers?

Many thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

eMmobile certainly have no hidden APNs and put the lot through a single bearer on their phones Fungus, I checked recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

I've tried to set my iPhone up as a 'Personal Hotspot' and while I can get the laptop connected to it no problem, there is no internet access.

I take it by default tethering is blocked then?.

If not can I PM my number to somebody in eMobile to have my account checked out please?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Tethering on the E-mobile network isn't blocked it must be a problem with the phone connecting to the PC.

Could be a borked operator setting on the iPhone, see if eMobile or Meteor will send out an operator settings message that fixes it. Thats the problem with iPhones, they lock too many settings down as part of the service to an operator.

If you are entitled to an unlock then get it unlocked and you can troubleshoot it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Fungus wrote: »
    Hi,

1) permitted? and
    2) inclusive as part of all your data packages and
    3) if the same conditions apply for Meteor customers?

Many thanks

Hi Fungus
    Have response to your queries, if you need any further info let me know.

1) permitted? Tethering is permitted on the eMobile Network.

2) inclusive as part of all your data packages:Yes.. Data used up by tethering would be subtracted from customers data package. We would not advise tethering as it uses up a lot of data.

3) if the same conditions apply for Meteor customers? Yes.., you can tether on Meteor with no extra charge incurred. We would advise customers not to tether as after you go over your allowance it costs 2c per MB.
    Tony

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,537 ✭✭✭JTMan

Many thanks for the classification Tony.

I suggest you make it clearer on your Meteor and eMobile website.

Given the constraints 3 and O2 put on prepay tethering, your liberal tethering rules, are a selling point for Meteor and eMobile.

Thanks again.

I have commented here recently about eMobile but the same applies to Meteor.

Advertisement