Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandisk 32 GB Cruzer Blade USB key - €28.39

Options
  • 22-01-2012 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

This seems like a really good Bargain. It's less than €1 per GB. I have 3 of these (3x 8GB) the last year or so and can't fault them. Really quick and haven't had one crash or problem with it. I originally paid €20 for the 8GB so it's dropped in price a good bit.

Link on Pixmania

g_11850697.jpg

The item is €24.40 but the shipping is €3.99 which up's the price.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,913 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Can't find the speeds anywhere, is this fast?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Looking around, read speeds seem to be about 30MB/s while write is about 3MB/s which is pretty much bottom end write speeds for a flash drive. It would be okay if you want a load of files on hand but it's too slow for moving large files, probably taking 3 hours to fill it up. You'd want USB 3 drives for speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Not a bad price for moving a few files around. Or maybe for storage.
    The write speed tho is a real let down if you are looking for something to store or transport multimedia.

I read a review that it took 3-4hours to fill half the drive. Maybe the guy was running on a USB 1.0 machine, doesn't say what machine or OS he was running. So I would discount that reveiw :D
    Going to pick one up, very handy for storing, VISIOs, PDFs and manuals.
    My 4GB runs at 1.8MBs so it will be a step up.

Specification

Manufacturer
    SanDisk
    Model no.
    Cruzer Blade 32GB
    Capacity
    32 GB
    Interface
    USB 2.0
    Form Factor
    Flash Drive
    Transfer Speed
    3 MB/s
    Dimension
    41.5 x 17.6 x 7.4 mm
    Warranty
    5 Years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Monotype wrote: »
    Looking around, read speeds seem to be about 30MB/s while write is about 3MB/s which is pretty much bottom end write speeds for a flash drive. It would be okay if you want a load of files on hand but it's too slow for moving large files, probably taking 3 hours to fill it up. You'd want USB 3 drives for speed.

Spot on there, I filled on of these for a buddy the other day and it took forever, it's about the slowest usb key I've ever used.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,831 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Jebus†

i bought 3 X 16gb versions from Amazon........2 out of the 3 have broken where the keyring goes thru the plastic, probably wouldnt recomment a keyring now but doesnt come with the nice bit of string/lanyard.......

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I have a 8gb version and its painfully slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭nulabert

Forget about putting this on your keys, I had the 16gb one and it broke at the clip hook. Its fairly delicate, and ya, its Slow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

same the part at the end you clip to things broke on mine , it was handy having such a little Usb on your keys. now its so small i'm afraid I'll lose it in my pockets

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

I have the either the 8 or 16GB version and it's the SLOWEST DRIVE I'VE EVER OWNED.
    Oddly enough even when the drive is blank, speeds drop down to the hundreds of KB/sec when writing a large file. The first few hundred MB may complete at 1 or 2 MB/sec but the speed really tails off after that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭donnacha

coldfire1x wrote: »
    I have a 8gb version and its painfully slow.
    breathn wrote: »
    I have the either the 8 or 16GB version and it's the SLOWEST DRIVE I'VE EVER OWNED.
    Oddly enough even when the drive is blank, speeds drop down to the hundreds of KB/sec when writing a large file. The first few hundred MB may complete at 1 or 2 MB/sec but the speed really tails off after that.

+1 - have the 8GB, picked it up in tesco for €8 in November - horribly slow. p.s. tesco are still selling the 16GB HP drives for €8 - at least there was still one in ballybrack at the weekend if anyone is out that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

This product seems alot cooler for the same price

http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Drives/HP/HP-32GB-v165w-USB-Flash-Drive

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

This is the best bang-for-buck USB key imo. 35 euro, free postage, coming from Kildare. Read speeds of 32MB/sec, write speeds of 18MB/sec. Seriously can't go wrong on it tbh

Enderman wrote: »
    This is the best bang-for-buck USB key imo. 35 euro, free postage, coming from Kildare. Read speeds of 32MB/sec, write speeds of 18MB/sec. Seriously can't go wrong on it tbh

18mb write speed sounds impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

If you're going to spend mid 30s for a 32GB flash drive, you might as well stretch a bit further and get a USB 3 one.
    http://www.memoryc.ie/products/description/32GB_Transcend_JetFlash_700_USB3_0_Flash_Drive/index.html

Speeds are quoted at 70MB/s read and 30MB/s write. If those speeds are true, you should still be able to get 30MB/s write with USB 2 and possibly around 40MB/s with the read on USB 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,848 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Horribly slow USB
    Have the 16gb myself
    Found this pretty good for the pricehttp://m.mymemory.co.uk/product?p=36494

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭g0g

Wish this thread had been around a little longer before I order the 16GB version from Pixmania last week! Took hours to format and then quite a while to load on music. Thankfully it's just connected in the car glovebox to play MP3s on stereo soI don't think read/write speeds will be an issue until I want to update the library! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Panrich

I have a sandisk (not this model, cruzer 16GB) that i bought in 2009. It has been brilliant. I am forever leaving it lying around in pockets of jeans to be washed etc. and it has been through the washing machine (full-cycle) twice and once through the dryer as well. It still works flawlessly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Panrich wrote: »
    I have a sandisk (not this model, cruzer 16GB) that i bought in 2009. It has been brilliant. I am forever leaving it lying around in pockets of jeans to be washed etc. and it has been through the washing machine (full-cycle) twice and once through the dryer as well. It still works flawlessly.

Yes.. and they were great in 2009, but soon after, Sandisk changed the controller in the basic Cruzer range and they are now slow as molasses.

Monotype mentions 3MB/sec write, that's being generous.. Seriously, copying large files over, you'll think there's something wrong, it's that slow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The 3 of these I have all seem fine. One i've had on a keyring for the last year and despite it being scratched it's still working perfect and the plastic is in perfect condition (no cracks etc).

I liked the fact it was small and compact. And it was one of the faster USB drives i've seen. Once connected to a USB 2.0 port it immediately showed up which was great I thought. Have to say though recently it isn't as fast as it used to be. But when I first got it I found it really great on transfer speeds. Seems to have very negative reviews from most though.

What would people say are average - above average transfer speeds?

I just ordered this for €52 from Amazon. Says read speeds are 30MB/s and write speeds are 7MB/s.

i got mine on amazon 32gb on 17.99 pounds there outa stock at the moment and i got it today its the extact same size as mine 16gb perfect for watching hdtv 720p via ps3

speed is slow download teracopy google it and wow thats fast

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Moocawn

I bought the two 16gb SanDisk cruzers from Amazon the other day, they came today, my laptop is high-speed usb 2.and I'm getting a write speed of about 4mb per second which is pretty septic, still, I don't ever be carrying more than 4/5 gigs so it'll be ok! If only I'd known in time!

Advertisement