Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming related clothing

Options
  • 19-01-2012 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭

Did a quick search and couldn't find anything substantial in the forums about it but I thought there should be a thread where we could 'show off'/suggest/discuss some gaming related clothing, whether they be t-shirts, hoodies, costumes or footwear.

Most of the gaming related clothes out there are really gharish.

Found this one on the Ubiworkshop website. Assassin's Creed Desmond Hoodie. Quite expensive but seems to be a great design and really good quality. Pretty sure I'm gonna get it.

I remember getting a pair of the Nintendo Airmax years ago. Loved them to bits, until they fell to bits on my feet due to the amount I wore them.

nike-nintendo-air-max-bw-1.jpg

So, what stuff do you have/want/hate??

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm wearing a Halo Reach hoody right now that I got free with the game. It's quite comfy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I really want Isaacs RIG hoody thingy.

tumblr_lgt9u0n6DR1qzbcb9o1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I half a Half Life t shirt I got with some some GOTY edition of HL 1. It's really old now but still brilliant!

I want a Mass Effect N7 hoody. Looks like a normal hoody and not many people would know what N7 meant.

I also have this:

productimage-picture-in-the-event-of-zombies-use-portals-1358_500x500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I don't know what it is as I've no problem wearing band tshirts etc, I just find wearing anything game related as a bridge too far to be honest.

That said, I'm the same in regards to wearing movie/tv related items. I do like some of the shirts on qwertee though, they can be quite witty.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I half a Half Life t shirt I got with some some GOTY edition of HL 1. It's really old now but still brilliant!

I want a Mass Effect N7 hoody. Looks like a normal hoody and not many people would know what N7 meant.

I also have this:
    Quite fond of the N7 hoodies myself too. Was really tempted to get one about a year or so ago. Kinda regretted not getting it but I suppose I still can if I really want to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

HAHA I was the same Kearney, had the credit card out an all! I saw one of their new hoodies and they look crap, like sheps actual armor. And I can't see it protecting you from the eventual hiding you would get for wearing it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I own this t shirt (I like the "hammer" aspect of the art......even though it has nothing from the game on it).

Resident_Evil-T-Shirts-tsresevlretrozombie-0-Large.jpg

And this idea is brilliant. But I'd only wear/use it if I was wearing another shirt underneath. Would be great for a zombie walk.

resident-evil-t-shirt-580x293.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I quite liked the Assassins Creed hoodie. Looked quite decent, and the 'eagle peak' (their words) is kind of cool.

large-guy.jpg

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hmmm.......i got 2 zelda tees and some mario stuff at the Nintendo store in NY.... Got 2 Street Fighter tees from Capcom's store. Em...... try cafepress or nerdyshirts see if there's something good, hopefully they're not all just dumb puns!

Man that Mass Effect hoodie looks pretty damn good!

hoodie-n7elite-charcoal-front.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I have one of these...

And one of these...

And my favourite, a green one of these!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I don't think I've ever bought anything, but I did get MGS1 and Nintendo DS t-shirts when I bought them. The MGS one was nice, don't think it had branding, but a sort of concept/abstract version of Snake's face. The DS tee had "Touch Me" printed on the front... only one person touched me because of it. I no longer have either shirts, they fell apart eventually.

If I was to buy some gaming apparel, it'd have to be subtle, especially for more modern stuff. Classic games, like Pac-man and Space Invaders could be more overt I suppose. I'd like some Blinky shoes:
    blinky-shoe.jpg

Oh! I just remembered, I had a pair of Luigi themed underpants when I was about 8 years old :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The main ones I have.

d_9070.jpg

83_81.jpg

image-gow2warzone-primary-Watermark.jpg

6914.jpg

Assassins Creed hoodie looks nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i got a black t-shirt with this on it:
    epic_tshirt_ganking.jpg

got infamous T-shirt

halo 3 ( so meh )

2x BF3 t-shirts

20110904-bf3-t-shirt-produktfoto_klein.jpg

had some other t-shirts with preorder, but size S, so my misses wears them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I have the Mass Effect N7 hoodie. It's comfy as hell and cool, but it attracts cat hair like a mofo so don't wear it as much as I'd like as I usually have to de-fur it for about 20 minutes before I wear it!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

I really must get around to getting a Rez T-shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

3 belts. A Mario one that has the 1up and power up mushroom that are interchangeable, a sonic one that spins and a Zelda one with the eagle and triforce.

Used to have a pair of Space invaders Vans but they got ruined in work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I really liked the T-Shirt you got with the Far Cry 2 Collector's edition

FarCry2_CE_WE_16.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,305 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i have these

zvNecpuB-CniH-V4S8-wlbYrFrNliYf.jpg

real-invaders.jpg

ohitson.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

lol, i had a T-Shirt from when i went to one of the I-Series that we got printed for our CSS clan, had my name on the back etc... cheesey as **** but sure i wore it round the house a few times as well !

Wouldn't really wear a gaming T-Shirt when im not in the house or at something related to gaming.. tho im sure they're like 'pussy' magnets.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Toplessrobot does a geek apparel of the week thing, but keep in mind that its pretty much all American based sites, and a lot of them do that thing where they sell a different t-shirt each day, so most aren't available anymore. Still some cool designs though:
    portalgundesign.jpg
    detail-110721.jpg
    pacman%20killscreen.jpg
    Available here
    2783p_135c_1m.jpg
    These Portal inspired socks are still available
    glow-in-the-dark-pac-man-bra.jpg
    (As is this bra ;))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

211084.jpg

Got that one, wear it every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Those portal socks are quality haha.
    There's no gaming t-shirt I've seen yet that I've classed as "must own" ...I'll have to start checking through some sites.

The only movie one I ever got (slightly off topic :P , but so cool) is
    ProductImage.ashx?img=14953&size=large

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

2058p_31c_2m.jpg

http://www.jinx.com/p/starcraft_ii_terran_jacket.html

I have this, it's really nice
    its actually pretty warm when it's cold and not sweltering when it's hot (although when is it ever hot in Ireland). it has a decent fit on a fat bastard like myself, doesn't over emphasise the belly although I dont have the cool black skin/green jacket look going on like the guy in the picture.

only thing i dont like about it is those metal .. things on the end of the sleeves. they make a loud noise when they hit anything and they're pretty damned heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

bought myself one of these for 7quid the other day on play.com

21172591_300x300_1.jpg

Spehz marinz!
    http://www.play.com/Clothing/T-Shirts/-/837/1053/-/21172591/Space-Marine-Men-Hard-Difficulty-T-Shirt/Product.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

insertcoing_pho.jpeg?100536
    Only games related t-shirt I own. Anime Ts ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

How apt the users name is Jack Burton, like my vest above :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I love anything gaming related! Lets see, i have:

l4d_infect_warning_shirt.png

41xRtC2qHfL._SX342_.jpg

img2.jpg

I also have a few Mario tshirts, 2 space invaders tshirts, and a few non-game specific tshirts. My prize possession though is my Limited Edition, 1 of 1000, Commemorative Series Official Nintendo Duck Hunt tshirt (see attached).

Would love that Desmond and Assassins Creed hoodies, was looking at them before and trying very hard to justify the prices (including shipping!). And, i have intentions of getting the Complete Assassins Creed II Ezio outfit. Where i'm going to get the money is a problem!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,579 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

Great idea for a thread. Always on the look out for good gaming tshirts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Would love that Desmond and Assassins Creed hoodies, was looking at them before and trying very hard to justify the prices (including shipping!). And, i have intentions of getting the Complete Assassins Creed II Ezio outfit. Where i'm going to get the money is a problem!
    I almost went an bought it the one I linked in the OP.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTV4LBV2S1MLBSzo9irejQ63D5tA-CaIL7JoguAQK3O-Sv_qQe48A
    The price was $90 making it about €70. then I went checkout and the minimum delivery was $31 for unrecorded delivery. It would have made it A minimum of $121 (€93) which is just outrageous for a hoodie. I couldn't justify it.

I always feel that's the way with gaming related clothes. Most of the nice stuff is WAYYY over priced. Disappointed to see that this one costs SO much.

One thing I cant stand is the cheap tees that say something like 'Blow Me' and have a picture of a NES cartridge.

Advertisement