Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Forum Awards 2011 - Rock Band of the Year

Options
  • 01-01-2012 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

This was a close one with three bands, The Birthday Massacre, Limp Bizkit and Enter Shikari tied on the same number of votes. I'll prepare myself for cries of "Fix" by casting the deciding vote for my favourite Canadian synth-rock band, The Birthday Massacre :).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

A fair and diplomatic decision, and obviously the right one! No question of bias whatsoever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

All hope............is lost.

That's the bitch of voting really isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,851 ✭✭✭RayCon

The Birthday Massacre, Limp Bizkit and Enter Shikari :eek:

What a sad line up

Who'd you vote for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

RayCon didn't actually vote so I'll treat his disdain for the results with the contempt it deserves ;).

Did I not ? ... Dont know how I forgot ....

I would have voted for either Ghost or Graveyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭Joe_Dull

RayCon wrote: »
    The Birthday Massacre, Limp Bizkit and Enter Shikari :eek:

What a sad line up

Would you care to explain your shock at the latter? Shikari are a fantastic band.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Joe_Dull wrote: »
    Would you care to explain your shock at the latter? Shikari are a fantastic band.
    A lot of people who don't like them seem to really hate them for some reason. I find some of their stuff quite catchy but if you're not into it I could imagine the dancey, synthy stuff getting on your nerves.

Joe_Dull wrote: »

In fairness the shock was for all 3 :pac:

• Advertisement

Hmm, well I suppose electronics do make some of us break out in hives :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Malice wrote: »
    A lot of people who don't like them seem to really hate them for some reason.

They got a slagging of biblical proportions for releasing No sleep tonight as the first single from common dreads. Which is fair enough it's probably their worst song. But people remembered it.

They also just fall into the 'BMTH scene' and are grouped under it - mainly that actually. Which is a shame because even if you didn't like the music, their work ethic is admirable and deserves to be respected. I can't imagine many other bands bringing a show of that quality (Oh the lights... too many lights :o) and 2 non-irish supports for that sort of ticket price. And they've done everything independant of a record label. /rant over :pac:

New single is out later today too :)

They got a slagging of biblical proportions for releasing No sleep tonight as the first single from common dreads. Which is fair enough it's probably their worst song. But people remembered it.

Actually, it was the second single, Juggernauts came first. But point taken.

Advertisement