Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rock & Metal Forum Awards 2011 - Rock Album of the Year

Options
  • 01-01-2012 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

This was a much closer three horse race with Gold Cobra, Gangs and Imaginary Monsters all gaining the same number of votes. Because I'm biased I'm going to give the deciding vote to Imaginary Monsters by The Birthday Massacre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Congratulations to them, although I must say, I've never even heard of this band lol...guess I'm just close minded, but fair play to them

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭viadah

More people should hear of this band, give them a chance, different from usual boards fare but worth the time to listen to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

<buries head in hands>

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I've never even heard of this band
    I've mentioned them a few times on the forum. Did you just ignore it every time? :(
    viadah wrote: »
    More people should hear of this band, give them a chance, different from usual boards fare but worth the time to listen to.
    I agree (now there's a surprise).
    chin_grin wrote: »
    <buries head in hands>
    Ah chin_grin, tell us what you really think!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Malice wrote: »
    I've mentioned them a few times on the forum. Did you just ignore it every time? :(

Probably, but I'll make an effort to listen to them more so from now, I need to find a few more staples in my music diet...some of the stuff I've been depending on for years is growing weak and stale and I need some new blood

• Advertisement

Well you mightn't like them if you're not a fan of electronic music :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Ah chin_grin, tell us what you really think!

Ah hee-or now Malice, I like yee. Why would I want to create more enemies? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭RayCon

Just gave them a blast - awful.

RayCon wrote: »
    Just gave them a blast - awful.
    What didn't you like about them?

There was absolutely nothing to like ... for me. Not my cup of tea - and Im not even sure Id classify it "Rock".

• Advertisement

There was absolutely nothing to like ... for me. Not my cup of tea -
    So the layers of synths, vocals and quirky lyrics did nothing for you?
    RayCon wrote:
    Im not even sure Id classify it "Rock".
    What would you call it then? And I'm not accepting "shite" as an answer :p

Shi ...... oh, eh ..... 80's throwback pop ... for all I hear - thats the Thompson Twins with a generic background guitar riff mixed in to "loud-ify" (yes I just made that up) the chorus.

I actually couldn't dislike it more.

If you don't like 80's pop you definitely won't like this song then ;) :

Or this.....

I've always been pretty much critical about cover versions but in defence of the above two, that exhausts the Birthday Massacre's catalogue of cover versions and 'I Think We're Alone Now' was an EP track, 'Neverending Story' was a demo track.

As far as criticism of Birthday Massacre goes, feel free. Everyone's entitled to an opinion. I love this band, I dislike other bands, same goes for everyone in their own respective tastes.

If you don't like 80's pop you definitely won't like this song then ;) :

Thanks for that ... I puked a little bit in my mouth. I despair even more that they won both Rock Band and Album of the Year on Boards.

Either Im reaaaaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyy out of ****in touch (which is fine by me if this is what passes for Rock nowadays) or I smell a personal agenda by a Mod :pac:

I smell a personal agenda by a Mod :pac:
    Oh God not you too! Okay, I admit it, you're right, it was all a fix. After they failed to win last year I engineered it so they'd win this year instead. See myself and viadah are actually the same person and I ninja-edited a few posts on the voting thread to make sure nothing got more votes. I covered my tracks well enough though by ensuring it went to a tie so it wasn't too obvious.
    Note that the above isn't actually true. It's just a joke. RayCon could have spoiled everything by swallowing his pride and voting for Gold Cobra.

I smell a rat.

Thanks for that ... I puked a little bit in my mouth. I despair even more that they won both Rock Band and Album of the Year on Boards.

Either Im reaaaaaaaaallllllllllyyyyyyy out of ****in touch (which is fine by me if this is what passes for Rock nowadays) or I smell a personal agenda by a Mod :pac:

Try not to worry that much that two whole people don't share your personal opinions.

Or should that say one whole people.....? :D

Advertisement