Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hip Hop Documentaries

Options
  • 29-12-2011 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭

Game documentary a friend linked me to, just thought I'd throw it up here for anyone interested :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Worth a watch, I think there should be a thread for good (ie not lil weezy) documentaries.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

ye saw this one before, few years old now a very young game in this very good watch.

puts everything into perspective too with the whole G-unit demise, anytime i see documentary's like this from game and g unit i just think how good they could of been if all the ego's didn't clash and they stayed together.

tbh i think the break up had an effect on shady/aftermath too, there's been more than 1 rapper saying it was a huge factor in the delay of detox. As far as commercial hip hop goes I just think the whole lot of them together were unstoppable nearly a dream team.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Worth a watch, I think there should be a thread for good (ie not lil weezy) documentaries.

that's a quality idea man, if a few people are in favour of it we could ask boom bap to change the title.

Jesus, I did not see that coming at around 15 minutes in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Really enjoy watching Life After The Math, have the DVD here and watched it the night before his concert last month, there are a lot of snippets of unreleased Game tracks/beats on there, some of them sound seriously good, makes me wish Game would release a Nas-style Lost Tapes album.

The thread for documentaries is a nice idea but I'd imagine that very few of them are available to watch (on YouTube, etc.) in full like this is.

• Advertisement

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    The thread for documentaries is a nice idea but I'd imagine that very few of them are available to watch (on YouTube, etc.) in full like this is.

Much like the Tribe called Quest documentary people would just mention it and say they found it good and people would make their own way to the content by legal means of course.

Side note that tribe documentary is amazing.

Any links to that tribe documentary man?

I'm gonna have a look on amazon for it or play.com

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    I'm gonna have a look on amazon for it or play.com

Oh ye I am sure you will find it there too, easier.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Thread title has been changed.

And here's a docu on the Wu which i've yet to watch

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

You can catch the Tribe documentary streaming here:

http://www.novamov.com/video/qxrmg5uo1ifsw

Just favourite that wu doc, sound for that boom bap :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Really want to see this. 2012 release apparently

I remember watching a great one a few years ago called The Show with most of the big names from around the mid 90s. Best part was Meth arguing with another member (U-God maybe?) who wanted to do more interviews. Meth ended up calling him Huffy Wu!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

not so much a docu but i really like jays fade to black.

Haven't gotten around to watchin this yet but thought I'd put it up here anyway.

Andy_rse wrote: »

I remember watching a great one a few years ago called The Show with most of the big names from around the mid 90s. Best part was Meth arguing with another member (U-God maybe?) who wanted to do more interviews. Meth ended up calling him Huffy Wu!

The Show is excellent. Some vintage footage and performances, must see if i an pick it up on BluRay or DVD.

The Atmosphere 'God Loves Ugly' movie/documentary/tour footage is also well worth watching. There are 2 of them, one came free (Sad Clown Bad Dub 13) with one of thier recent albums, or was it the re-issue of God loves Ugly? And the other one is from the God loves Ugly Tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Andy_rse

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    The Show is excellent. Some vintage footage and performances, must see if i an pick it up on BluRay or DVD.

The Atmosphere 'God Loves Ugly' movie/documentary/tour footage is also well worth watching. There are 2 of them, one came free (Sad Clown Bad Dub 13) with one of thier recent albums, or was it the re-issue of God loves Ugly? And the other one is from the God loves Ugly Tour.

I have The Show on VHS. Have to dig it out!

Sad Clown Bad Dub 13 came with "Lemons" and was footage from the Everybody Loves A Clown tour.

The God Loves Ugly re-issue had Sad Clown Bad Dub 4 packaged with it which was behind the scenes and footage from the God Loves Ugly release shows. I had this on the other night, really hope Mr Dibbs gets better soon!

I ordered this on dvd and it arrived yesterday so Im looking forward to giving it a watch while Im off work, mainly for the Eyedea footage.

Hip Hop below zero

Andy_rse wrote: »
    I have The Show on VHS. Have to dig it out!

Pretty sure i have it on VHS as well, just nothing to play it on :D

Advertisement