Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 407 folding mirrors. Standard or not?

Options
  • 10-12-2011 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hey there
    Bought a 2006 407 2.0hdi se in england a few weeks ago and have been told that the mirrors should fold in. I have tried the button for doing this but nothing happens. I don't get a sound of a motor trying to move the mirror so not sure if they're supposed to fold or not.
    Could anyone tell me are folding mirrors standard or optional on se spec? Or how i can find out from the vin number etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I can't imagine it'd have the button and not have the feature. Have you double checked in the handbook that you're pressing the right button?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

Jalalabad wrote: »
    Hey there
    Bought a 2006 407 2.0hdi se in england a few weeks ago and have been told that the mirrors should fold in. I have tried the button for doing this but nothing happens. I don't get a sound of a motor trying to move the mirror so not sure if they're supposed to fold or not.
    Could anyone tell me are folding mirrors standard or optional on se spec? Or how i can find out from the vin number etc.

Its standard as far as I know. You can set it in the menu button on the stereo, from their go to personal configuration, where you can set such things as folding mirrors, follow me home lights, auto wipers etc.

Then just press the button on the key and hey presto, folding mirrors!

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

The SE was a Uk Equivalent to the ST over here so it should have th feature. The SR didn't have them or the button so since you've the button you must have the folding mirrors. The configuration menu only let's you have them work or not with the central locking. If they're not working at all, it's a fault. Hopefully it's just a fuse so that'd be where I check first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭gpjordanf1

The SE was a Uk Equivalent to the ST over here so it should have th feature. The SR didn't have them or the button so since you've the button you must have the folding mirrors. The configuration menu only let's you have them work or not with the central locking. If they're not working at all, it's a fault. Hopefully it's just a fuse so that'd be where I check first.

You right of course, I read it wrong!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭✭heate

I know the Germans leave you with blank buttons just to annoy you with why you could have ordered but do the French just fit all of them regardless?
    I imagine the feature is their I'd the button is there as for having it work with the central locking give it a go but I wouldn't want to run the risk of constant folding putting pressure on components. I have auto dimming folding mirrors and have the dimming disabled because it drives me nuts and I only fold in tight spots!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

As said above an se 407 should have folding mirrors....on the drivers side
    the elec control panel move the elec mirror selection button to the middle position and pull it back towards you..this is a manual way to open/close the folding mirrors.

I'll have a look in awhile which fuse feeds the folding mirrors.

If you want to pm me you vin number and i'll send you on some info on your
    407..:)

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jalalabad

Thanks for the info lads. Def 'doing it right':p putting button to centre position and pulling back. Will have a look at fuse schematic and see if that the cause. Mirror glass working ok but could be different fuse. Not working with central locking either. Did read on another forum that the motors are easy enough to break if mirrors are forced by hand so that may have balls up the settings etc.
    Will keep you updated.

gpjordanf1 wrote: »
    Its standard as far as I know. You can set it in the menu button on the stereo, from their go to personal configuration, where you can set such things as folding mirrors, follow me home lights, auto wipers etc.

Then just press the button on the key and hey presto, folding mirrors!

Hope this helps

Not showing up in personal config menu at all so not sure if it may have been disabled in onboard computer. Is there anyway to check without getting stealers to plug it in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

Jalalabad wrote: »
    Is there anyway to check without getting stealers to plug it in?

If you get into contact with someone with pp2000 or equivalent diagnostic
    equipment they should be able to check for faults.

In the mean time check fuse 5 (30amp) in the bsi fusebox as this feeds the folding mirrors.....:)
    Open glovebox and remove the small square panel....you should then see
    this....
    407bsifusebox1.jpg

Well, checked fuse and all good there. As its not even showing in the menu i think the function may have been disabled in the BSI.
    Does anyone know of someone in the cork area who has the software/equipment (pp2000) to check this without costing an arm and a leg (dealer)?
    Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement