Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

perfectradiance.co.uk

Options
  • 29-11-2011 11:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Just to let you all know to Beware of Special Offers. I bought a special offer of Anti Rides (anti aging cream) and perfect radiance moisturiser from the above company Perfect Radiance. They were offering a special trial special offer of £2.50 for each product. I paid my money on 4th November with my Credit Card and I duly received the product. Then, on 22nd November €88 was withdrawn from my Credit Card, and also on 28th November €95 was withdrawn from my Credit Card. My bank are looking into it. I contacted the above company who said that because I hadnt rang them and returned the moisturiser, it was in their terms & conditions that they would withdraw the money from my account. THIS IS AN ILLEGAL TRANSACTION AND AGAINST THE LAW. So all of you out there.... BEWARE of <SNIP>. Liz
    :mad:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

I feel bad for you by being conned however I just checked out the website and the T&C's are clearly displayed before you submit your payment.
    You must pay a shipping and handling fee of £5.95 for us to send your bottle of Perfect Radiance (30-Day Supply) to try risk-free for the 12 day trial. We ship the product the day after your order was placed (except orders placed on Saturday-Sunday will be shipped Monday). If you are unhappy with the product at any time during the 12 days after your initial order was placed, you must call 44(808)168 3685 and cancel your order to avoid being billed for the full cost of the product. If you are satisfied with our product, then do nothing - we will bill you the full product price, £74.95 after the trial period of 12 days has elapsed. To ensure you do not run out of Perfect Radiance and continue enjoying our product, you will receive a new 30-day supply every month. Your credit card will be billed £74.95 every 30 days starting from the date of your original purchase. To cancel automatic delivery and billing, call us at 44(808)168 3685. All charges will appear as "PerfectSerum" on your credit card statement. Please read our full Terms and Conditions for more details.

You really should have read them beforehand. Caveat Emptor.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's not a very nice way of doing business, but it wasn't illegal. Everything was clearly explained in their Terms & Conditions, which are clearly presented on the order page.

You cannot blame the company in this instance, just yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 lizmoody

dudara wrote: »
    It's not a very nice way of doing business, but it wasn't illegal. Everything was clearly explained in their Terms & Conditions, which are clearly presented on the order page.

You cannot blame the company in this instance, just yourself.
    I suppose I should have read them but I do think that they misrepresented the "sign up now for your trial offer" £2.50. One naturally assumes that is the price of the product. Nowhere on the face of the page do they say that the £2.50 is the shipping charge particularly when the two products come in the one box & you pay £5.95 for one & £2.50 for the other. That is a deliberate attempt to mislead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 aoifemm

I totally understand your frustration. But there may be a way around it. although they have billed your account, sometimes the merchandise does not get received. if by the end of 15 days from the date the transaction occurred you have not received the goods for the monies that you paid and if you have paid by credit card, write a letter to your bank and detail everything that's happened and request that they send the debit back to perfectradiance as the merchandise was not received.
    I would also ensure that you email the company at support@perfectradiance.co.uk and specifically request the cancellation of your subscription and supply a copy of this to your bank. that way they will be able to return the debit immediately.

its not a good way to do business i totally agree but they do have it in their ts & cs that if you do not cancel within the 12 day "free trial period" you are authorising a monthly delivery with monthly debits from your card.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

The OP's not the only one to get sucked into parting with more than was intended. There are are a few more on this other forum.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=3475221

• Advertisement

Thanks for your replies. My understanding of "legal" transactions is that inaction on the part of the buyer cannot constitute a deduction by the seller from their credit card account. Perfect Radiance are saying that their T&C's say that if I dont want the money deducted, you have to ring them within 12 days. But on the face of their ad that I clicked on to buy, it says the cost is £2.95 and £5.95 which I paid. I really do think that the transaction is not legal, because what you are buying is not up front, it is in the T&C's. Usually there is an Offer, Acceptance and Money Transaction, and that is what I did. They Offered, I bought, and paid. All their info should be on the page that says CLICK HERE to buy at special price £2.95 and £5.95. It doesnt say "hang on a minute, we really mean £74.95 and £95.95. To me thats misrepresentation and I got stung. The bank are now trying to get my money back for me. Liz

Well, just to update you all, after harassing Perfect Radiance, checking other websites where many pages of people were scammed, and threatening to go viral, bit by bit I got my money back from them.... the last payment received on 12th December for GBP£36.95 (€44.32).... would you believe that I actually made €0.63 profit which I will call "interest" on the whole transaction. Although I probably paid interest on my credit card for it.
    Thanks for your support, and I'll remember if it sounds "too good to be true," it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My mum's friend nearly got caught by something like this. It was in a beauty salon, when she took out the sheets she had been given, I had to tell her she had signed up for a dd of €65 off her CC, every month for 12 months, with auto renewal. She thought she was getting a hamper of samples for €15 and filling out a skin survey.

I sent her back in claiming a cooling off period and she got out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭BrendanBurgess

Hi WM

Was that for Perfect Radiance, or what product was it?

Was she a regular customer of the Beauty Salon? Were they part of this? I would think that a legitimate business would be very stupid to promote something like this.

Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

No sorry for hi-jacking your thread, it was for another beauty brand. It was in a local Beauty salon. It just seems to be the new way of getting people locked into buying cosmetics.

My mums friend was a bit mortified when I explained it to her, as I dont really know her well. But she didnt think the salon did anything wrong, she blamed herself for being in a rush, zooming around town. The 'value' placed on the hamper was €85, so she was happy to sign anything to get the hamper for €15.

I think its a total rip off but all details were clearly set out in the small print on teh contract.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BillTyson

Anyone interested in talking to RTE's The Consumer Show about their experiences with the these products? ( i.e. online orders for Perfect Radiance cream and acai berries.)

BillTyson What is the reason behind your question? Are you a researcher on the show?

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 BillTyson

dudara wrote: »
    BillTyson What is the reason behind your question? Are you a researcher on the show?

dudara
    I'm a reporter.

Hi Billy, Yes I will

@BillTyson as you are posting in a professional capacity, the rules are a little different.

Please refer to the T&Cs to which you agreed when you created your Boards.ie account
    Your capacity:

If you are using Boards.ie as a representative of a company or legal entity, you represent that you have the authority to enter into these Terms of Use on behalf of that company or entity, and agree that the terms "you" and "your" in this agreement refers to your company or legal entity.

We ask that members of the media who wish to seek the engagement of the Boards populace, do so in the following forum

Media & Research

Any further solicitations will not be entertained in this forum.

dudara

Advertisement