Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4OD

Options
  • 20-10-2011 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭

Anybody having trouble using 4OD lately. I just get an error message. Is it not available in Ireland anymore?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I had trouble last night around 9pm for an hour or so, but it was back up running again around 10pm, so problem seemed to be with them. Haven't been on it today. I'm using iPad app BTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I've been getting loads of error messages lately but I think it's a problem with my laptop, as it works fine on my mam's!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

i thought it might have something to do with joining up & signing in but that doesnt change anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Grrrrr....at least I'm not the only one, then.

I remember when 4oD functionality disappeared for us a couple of years back, and am wondering if it's gone again now.

Very annoying!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

It hasn't been blocked to us in Ireland. I am watching Time Team on it right now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Over in Broadcasting a few people have been reporting problems too:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056421094

I haven't had any problems...

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    It hasn't been blocked to us in Ireland. I am watching Time Team on it right now.

icdg wrote: »
    Over in Broadcasting a few people have been reporting problems too:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056421094

I haven't had any problems...

Beginning to think it's our dodgy (anythingbut) broadband connection here that's causing the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭fisgon

I get the same error message, can't watch anything on it. I've been on to them, they've given me a range of things to change and check on my laptop and my browser, but to no avail. No idea what is going on and the folks at 4od seem to be stumped too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

fisgon wrote: »
    I get the same error message, can't watch anything on it. I've been on to them, they've given me a range of things to change and check on my laptop and my browser, but to no avail. No idea what is going on and the folks at 4od seem to be stumped too.

I changed my router to open DNS and it worked for me.

I followed this guide http://thomasgeraghty.wordpress.com/2009/07/13/sick-of-eircom-broadband-downtime-how-to-switch-to-opendns/

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Kathy22

I changed my router to open DNS and it worked for me.

I followed this guide http://thomasgeraghty.wordpress.com/2009/07/13/sick-of-eircom-broadband-downtime-how-to-switch-to-opendns/

Thanks so much for that :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Was getting the error message trying to watch Misfits,just went onto youtube to 4OD's channel and it worked there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

The player on the website never seems to works for me, I just use the youtube channel

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭allanpkr

im on westnet same problem with 4od, would this solution help me, im not tech savvy.ty for any help given

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Same, I'm getting problems. It won't let me watch anything. Just a black screen. No sounds, no colour!

Advertisement