Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wimax kill st lawrence

Options
  • 30-10-2011 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭

hi folks was just wondering is anyone on here livin in kill st lawrence that has wimax broadband on there house? If so hows the signal strength out here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

hi folks was just wondering is anyone on here livin in kill st lawrence that has wimax broadband on there house? If so hows the signal strength out here?

It should be there, I was under the distinct impression that it was coming across the nation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Great... now I have that stupid song in my head :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Is wimax using just your normal eircom line? if so its perfect out there,very strong 90% of the speed your paying for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Christ. I thought Wimax had killed Saint Lawrence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

no goin for the wireless connection on there 4G network, what i find though is the mobile reception is crap out here and can,t use the mobile dongles for internet, we would go with a wired connection only our lndlord has,nt cancelled her landline in our house yet and the auctioneer is having wicked trouble getting in touch with her so we have to go this route grrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Christ. I thought Wimax had killed Saint Lawrence.
    haha ya big numpty

• Registered Users Posts: 13,873 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

If it's anything like in Ferrybank, then i'm getting faster speeds than i'm supposed to (through a wired connection from the router). Paying for 7mb/512kb d/u and getting 9mb/618kb d/u.

Same with any wireless system, you'll never get full speeds unless you're wired, getting something like the HomeHub is a fantasic way of getting near full speeds using the house wiring.
    ALso, WiMax doesn't use Eircoms lines, it's satellite.

Advertisement